Ford Forums banner

Calder Tonight 2/7/04

6K views 68 replies 23 participants last post by  XRFPV8 
#1 · (Edited)
Calder tonight, i am rapt i got a new PB ET:13.68 with A 2.09 60 footer, since having the Unichip installed my Auto ute is getting out of the hole so much better..only managed 2 runs the other was ET:13.74, i am getting superstitious with my tailgate, evrytime i leave it on the ute goes a bit better...
.Rod managed a ET:13.06 we still need that 12 comon Rod.., Geea also got a PB ET:12.43, Matt from G&D performance went ET:10.54 then ET:10.44 IN HIS SUPERCHARGED Monaro which is for sale for $87,000 if you have any spare cash laying around, FPVGT (Alex) went skating ET:13.5.
John GTP-320 and Subaru, came out said hello, all we need is to get John to have a crack...
2 bad oil downs and with last week being a rainout plenty of cars out there tonight then the rain came about 9.30 it was all over but if you get a PB you cant complain....THX again to Rod, Jack and there boys for all the help and support they give me racing and preparing my ute,
thats now Jan 10 ET:15.00 to July 2 ET:13.68..
Go O.F.R. lol...

#3 ·
It was a great night, lots of good cold turbo air.
I ran a new PB of 12.437@113.02mph. This was in auto performance mode. The car seemed to struggle for the last few hundred rpm's and definately has more in it. I tried to drive it in manual mode but couldn't quite get it right. There's always next time.
I'm looking forward to 4 weeks time when i can get out there again. Its good to catch up with the guys.

Geea.

#4 ·
phantom said:
Good stuff Mark , glad to hear of all you guys improving on these times.

Cheers, Ray.
Thx my Grand poo bah CEO....

#5 ·
dammit mark, looks like i'll have to prepare my ute for a trip back there you beat me by 1/100th!!.....

Good times there, i knew there would be more in your ute and you have now shown that, also that the unichip has done the world of good dropping down a bit more

Our 2 tonne hay haulers are starting to show their worth

Good on geea too, alex better get that GT moving we are nearly equalling your times! lol

#7 ·
Way to go guys, well done on the PB's!
Mark my van does 1.9's 60ft if I Ieave the LPG tank behind the back wheels half full, ballast I think?
A 2.09 is fantastic for the BIG ute, may be chuck some bags of cement in the back as well as leaving the tailgate on. lol

#8 ·
Well done Mark,a good night before it started to drizzle.It was good to catch up with you Mark,Rod,Craig and Alex.
Shannon ( Supa R00 )also had a good time.
Cheers John

#9 ·
Congrats to all, yhea 13.68 now Mark, what mph? great stuff i think its only a matter of time, At least with Autos, consistency is your friend. Also congrats on Rods 13.0, again, that is only a matter of time too. Yhea Matts Monaro finally is hauling down some times to match that MPH. I should be out there next week, pending

Simon

#11 · (Edited)
Thx Guy's, with no racing last week, and 2 oil downs and rained out late last night, next week will be very busy, there are so many new poeple racing at Calder street meets.
with the weather so Cold the Hair dryer cars are everywhere plenty of WRX's, soon there well be more turbo's than V8's...fair crowd out for a cold night, might have come out in the cold to see Wilbur Wilde in his ute blow up after 1st run....
Simon my 1st run was 13.74 @ 103.15 mph and the 2nd run 13.68 @ 101.84 mph..

#12 ·
Rodderz said:
dammit mark, looks like i'll have to prepare my ute for a trip back there you beat me by 1/100th!!.....
sorry mark, must of been a bit dreary eyed last night when i got home, i was thinking your time was a 13.58, you still have .10 to drop yet....lol :angel:

Your car will run into the 13.5's i'm sure of it, just a matter of time, you only had a couple of runs last night

#13 ·
Rodderz said:
sorry mark, must of been a bit dreary eyed last night when i got home, i was thinking your time was a 13.58, you still have .10 to drop yet....lol :angel:

Your car will run into the 13.5's i'm sure of it, just a matter of time, you only had a couple of runs last night
no mate not in a lazy Auto, need a stall converter lol...

#15 ·
Rodderz said:
Softer springs maybe?
"Special" tune?
3:7's?

Actually, just buy a manual lol
Rodderz 1st you have to catch Rods Auto..
yes i agree with the springs, ute had more give of the line with the standard springs..
but i like it low, so realy a converter would give me that little boost off the line still takes a bit for it to pick up the bit and go.
dont know if the rest would stand up to a stall converter, touch wood its been so good, so far no problems...

#17 ·
Rodderz said:
Softer springs maybe?
"Special" tune?
3:7's?

Actually, just buy a manual lol
Good nite last nite and a good effort by Mark to get a P.B.Rodderz i think i might have to buy a XR8.I think i only managed a 13.6 or a 13.5 my 60 foots were in the 2.3's.

#18 ·
FPVGT said:
Good nite last nite and a good effort by Mark to get a P.B.Rodderz i think i might have to buy a XR8.I think i only managed a 13.6 or a 13.5 my 60 foots were in the 2.3's.
maybe some Boss260 and Boss290 motors were swapped at birth? :angel:

Nah alex you have the power there, just needs some nice launches to get low 13's or even into the 12's, it's surprising how far the time drops with a really good 60 footer.

#19 ·
Rodderz said:
maybe some Boss260 and Boss290 motors were swapped at birth? :angel:

Nah alex you have the power there, just needs some nice launches to get low 13's or even into the 12's, it's surprising how far the time drops with a really good 60 footer.
I think tyres are the best option but i may give it a miss as the Driveshafts do not like my right foot.Time will tell but good fun a and a good night out when there is a few of us to catch up and talk cars and Chips.LOL.

#20 ·
Alex you want to talk chips i know of a good chip shop he has fish also lol...
Rodderz you might have a 290 engine but mine with 226rwkw is no 290, cant wait to see how yours go with a chip since chipping my ute i have gone from 14.17 to 13.68, i know conditions pay a big part, but thats the only change i made since having both Xede/Unichip...
hey has anyone seen the timeslip forum need to update it properly..

#23 ·
Well done to the Ford boys on the PBs.

Rod, I feel for ya mate. Once you crack the 12s I'm sure a 12.5s quarter won't be far away. So near and yet so far, doh!!!

#25 ·
FPVGT said:

Put the XB motor and tranny in the BA, that'll solve your problem and get you into the high 12's.................. :wnc:

13.5 is a bloody good time for a 2 tonne tank.
It's great to see these new cars getting into the 13's without opening the motor.

#26 ·
SSbaby said:
Well done to the Ford boys on the PBs.

Rod, I feel for ya mate. Once you crack the 12s I'm sure a 12.5s quarter won't be far away. So near and yet so far, doh!!!

i can smell that 12 second time slip but i just carnt taste it & as they say the proof of the pudding is in the eating & i am starving lol

just as Alex has said how much power can we chase from these before we break something major

to date i have run a 13.02, 13.08 & last night a 13.06, i think with my luck it will go 13.04 & 13.00 before i taste that 12 second slip

regards
rod

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.