Clipsal 500 Next YEar - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2001, 07:07   #1 (permalink)

Clipsal 500 Next YEar

Alright, whose coming/going to the 500?
Being an 18 year old local, I'll be there and definately on the booze, love to meet up with any of you guys going. I'll even take ya out that night (we'll ditch the older guys at the Crazy Horse then just head for nightclubs.) After Lowdnesy's win this year we walked around town tanked all night just chanting F O R D and giving holden people ****.
But seriously - whose coming and are they getting GA or Gold or what? Because I just had a flash of inspiration which involved investigating the prices of getting a tent or whatever and everyone from FF who was interested in going kicking some in and having one big tent full of us blue blooded legends

EDIT

AFter further consideration, this would cost an absolute ****LOAD, so the purpose of this thread is now to find out whose going and who isn't
TheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2001, 19:07   #2 (permalink)
Congo Green BA XR6 Turbo

Hopefully the Tickford Car CLub - SA will be there in force. This year we had a huge display in the general admission area, checkout website for stories and photos, www.tickfordclub.com.au
right next to the track and food and stuff. We were told afterwards that we would be invited back for 2002 and we are just waiting for confirmation, we already know some members from Tasmania are coming over. We set up two tents, have a television and a BBQ and drinks. Any ideas for what we can do.

Rodney
Chairman
tickfordclub@picknowl.com.au
SA Tickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2001, 22:38   #3 (permalink)
AU XR6HP Owner

I will be there but i'm going with some friends of mine. I'm coming over from melbourne and have come over for every year. It was beautiful when lowndes won. All the holden fans around me were saying that we had to use a holden driver to win. But the next day when i said that holden had to use a Ford driver to win they just laughed and denied it. Bloody Holden fans.
Did anyone go on the go karts near the CBC oval. It was sort of a mix between Go-Karts and Dogem cars. We all came off sore afterwards. Alcohol does hinder your driving. it makes you want to go backwards and have head on collisions.

Could someone tell me where will the SA Tickford club be in 2002.

One last thing why did they change the date it was easy for interstate people to get to the event because it was on the easter long weekend. now it makes it more difficult to get to (i wouldn't miss it for the world though).
Falcon GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2001, 22:42   #4 (permalink)

At a guess I'd say AVESCO changed the date as the 500 is now considered one of their "showcase" events and a good way to open the series?
TheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 00:00   #5 (permalink)
Congo Green BA XR6 Turbo

Quote:
Originally posted by Falcon GTHO
I will be there but i'm going with some friends of mine. I'm coming over from melbourne and have come over for every year. It was beautiful when lowndes won. All the holden fans around me were saying that we had to use a holden driver to win. But the next day when i said that holden had to use a Ford driver to win they just laughed and denied it. Bloody Holden fans.
Did anyone go on the go karts near the CBC oval. It was sort of a mix between Go-Karts and Dogem cars. We all came off sore afterwards. Alcohol does hinder your driving. it makes you want to go backwards and have head on collisions.

Could someone tell me where will the SA Tickford club be in 2002.

One last thing why did they change the date it was easy for interstate people to get to the event because it was on the easter long weekend. now it makes it more difficult to get to (i wouldn't miss it for the world though).
In regards to where the Tickford CLub will be, we aren't sure yet but this year we were across the other side of the track from the big oval. If you walked over the VB bridge we were just down a little bit. Will let you know more when we find out.
SA Tickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia