Club run - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2000, 18:51   #1 (permalink)
falcongt351

Club run

Hello all, first of all congratulations on the great site. I'm 15, and I am Ford fan. Dad has an XT GT Falcon. We are a member of the Falcon GT Owners Club Of NSW. I've been on a few runs with them, and it's the same every time, same cars, the odd new club member. I was wondering if perhaps your club should join with the FGTOC of NSW in a run early or mid next year, so we can compare the old GT's with the new XR's. 2 generations of performance. Just an idea, maybe the club president could contact the FGTOCNSW club president and have a chat, thought it would be something different?!!!!! Thanks

Bradley Jamieson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2000, 17:58   #2 (permalink)
Australian EF XR6 Member

Hey sounds like a good idea, I'l love to see something like that happen.

What does everyone else think?

QuarterPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2000, 20:03   #3 (permalink)
Mike

Yeah absolutely! The only stumbling block I can see though is the reluctance of some of the more "conservative" members of the GT club. I had a chat with the president of the XW/XY Owners Club at the All Ford Day, and he was not all that impressed with some of the attitudes of some GT club members. It seems there are some that are entrenched in the old models and have no time or respect for the modern stuff. I'm guessing that this would be a fairly small minority of members, but it's sad to think that there is an element in their club that wouldn't welcome us.

Anyhow, that said, I see no reason not to go ahead with a combined run. I think it would be a fantastic event, and certainly would be capable of producing some exposure for both clubs.

I'm sure you'd be up to the task of co-organising such a momentus event, oh great President! ;-)

Old 12-04-2000, 17:54   #4 (permalink)
jsracing

Sounds like a great idea.Could we have some contact details Bradley.May a run up to Bathurst would be good.

Jeff
Old 12-07-2000, 18:54   #5 (permalink)

HAVING HAD 5 XW GT FALCONS AS WEDDING CARS I THINK THIS WOULD BE A GREAT DAY AS FOR THE GUYS THAT ARE DEAD AGAINST THE MODERN FORDS YOU KNOW WHAT THEY CAN DO ( ALSO LOOKING FORWARD TO THE CLUB RUN ON THE 10TH AND MEETING YOU GUYS )
DAVID BARNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 20:41   #6 (permalink)

Re: Club run

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone has a Ford XW or XY or knows someone with one who hires out for weddings? Me and my fiance' are getting married next March and we are looking for one XW or XY for the main car only. If anyone can help us out, please email me at: mel_woggirl85@hotmail.com and its for the Western Sydney area.
Maltesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia