Ford Forums banner

Drag racing in SA

3K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  MadManz 
#1 ·
I don't know if this is the right place to be posting this. If not, I apoligise.

Does anyone have any information about Drag Racing in SA. Either legal or not. I don't condone illegal street-drags, but I still wouldn't mind watching.

The only info I've heard about off streets is at AIR. The problem is the only adverts I hear a rushed radio ads. I can never get the information down. AIR's website has been down for as long as I've known they had a website, so no help there.

The only racing I've managed to find so far is at Mallala race track. $70 for the day and you can spin around the track for 15mins with hour breaks in between. Dosen't sound too bad, but no drags, and you have to keep busy for many hours.

#3 ·
Do you know of anything else?

AIR's advertising department needs to be shot. Their website is non-existant, so a solid form of info is hard to find.

Besides, do they have classes or bracket racing? If I went in with most other 8's, I'd be their bitch :fraz:

#4 ·
Hi Pb.foot, Welcome to the forums.

There is the monthly wednesday night drag meets AIR hold, the next one is march 17th, and a bunch of us are planning to go out and have a few runs.

The competitors cost for that is $35, racing starts at 5 thru till about 11,and according to other people who have been, if you stay until the end, you can basically finish your run, pull up, and run straight away. I have heard of a few people doing 30-odd runs in a night.

As for illegal street drags, I honestly haven't heard of anything in Adelaide for years, the last place I have heard of them is out at St Kilda, and they died a long time ago.

Finally, what sort of car do you have???

#5 · (Edited)
Yes welcome Pb.foot. I live just around the corner from Morphett Vale in Christie Downs. You may have seen my car around.

You should join us on our next cruise which is on this Friday night. Check the e-series events and meets section.

#6 ·
Aaron_EF8 said:
Sorry I haven't been online for a while. I am without a car at the moment cause I just started Uni so I can't afford the rego.

However:
XE Station Wagon
302C - Stock as shit
650cfm Holley 4bbl mechanical secondary
C4 trans - 3 speed

Mods:
Carbie
Power Steering :p
That's about it :(
oh, and mettalic paint.

#7 ·
blueoval said:
Yes welcome Pb.foot. I live just around the corner from Morphett Vale in Christie Downs. You may have seen my car around.

You should join us on our next cruise which is on this Friday night. Check the e-series events and meets section.
I must admit, I don't think I have seen your car. What car club are you a member of, sorry?

#9 ·
I'll have a look. But as I said, I am without car atm, but I have a mate with an bitching TC that he would love to show off. Would they let him rock up in that?

#13 ·
Aaron_EF8 said:
Hi Pb.foot, Welcome to the forums.

There is the monthly wednesday night drag meets AIR hold, the next one is march 17th, and a bunch of us are planning to go out and have a few runs.

The competitors cost for that is $35, racing starts at 5 thru till about 11,and according to other people who have been, if you stay until the end, you can basically finish your run, pull up, and run straight away. I have heard of a few people doing 30-odd runs in a night.

As for illegal street drags, I honestly haven't heard of anything in Adelaide for years, the last place I have heard of them is out at St Kilda, and they died a long time ago.

What about motorcycles? I have a brand new R1 Yamaha that im dying to run down the quarter. I've been told i should be able to run constant mid 11's with a good take off(no wheelies), im itching to see what it does!!!

#14 ·
Well there's drag racing at AIR this sunday so take ya bike along an give it a burl!

#19 ·
lol, i can't as i will have the old man wid me...

I will be running a FPV GT-P with cold air intake and D&T Preformance exhaust hope to better the time it ran in sydney(WSID) 13.990...

If anyone is comming to AIR, I'll have a Phantom GT-P with a club sticker on the back FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

But i hope these bloody clouds dissapear!!!

#21 ·
hey man the drags today was pretty dece!

jas, once again....love da shaker!

hey blue oval, that was you their today huh?(im terrible with names :( )
pity more didnt turn up aye?
oh yeah, when i got home, i poked around in me engine bay and i think i fixed me carby set up, looks like i got me 2nd barrel working again, she was running too lean lol

hey cleavland, you go down there??? few bikes making passes today

#24 ·
aye fellas, it was a top day, bit pissed at myself, man i don't think i could possibily vary my times any more :)

but i'll be there again on 15th of september for the 4, 6, rotary and they are gonna let v8's race anywayz, so i'll run then again (yay)

Thanks for turning up there were some awesome cars there too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.