Driver behaviour during club events - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2001, 14:58   #1 (permalink)
Australian EF XR6 Member

Driver behaviour during club events

Hi all

I hope everyone had a good time on Sunday (I know that everyone I spoke to seemed to enjoy it). It was great to arrive at Maccas and see a car park half full of XRs and other good looking Fords, good to see some old faces as well as a few new ones.

We will have to attempt to arrange better weather for the next event, as it's such a shame to see all the cars get dirty after everyone put so much effort into getting them looking great for the day.

The only sour note of the day was that some people chose to ignore my requests for reasonable behaviour and consideration for other road users.

Maybe some people think they have something to prove (I can assure you all that each and every one of us understands what great and high performance cars the entire Tickford range are) - but public roads are not the places to give a demonstration. If you want to prove how well your car performs bring it to the off street drags at the creek, or the dyno day or even the Oran Park day and show it off there in a controlled environment.

We all need to be aware that when we gather 20 or so of our cars together, we are going to attract attention - good and bad. Following the Christmas road toll, there is a growing push within the media and some sections of the community to stop the production (or limit the capabilities) of performance motor cars. Misguided as it may be to blame the road toll on high performance cars if people looking for an opportunity to push their beliefs or political aspirations were to have seen some of the things that happened on Sunday they would be rubbing their hands together as we provide them with the evidence to show that these cars are dangerous and their drivers irresponsible.

I think the people responsible know who they are, and if you would like to take this up with me I would be very happy to hear from you privately or publicly.

Simon Moran
President, Tickford Owners Club of NSW
QuarterPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2001, 16:29   #2 (permalink)
paul

Dead right!Don't give them ANY excuses.Remember the phase 5.Could all happen again.
Old 03-27-2001, 18:05   #3 (permalink)

simon if you haven't got the guts to criticise people face to face then don't do it over the computer you spineless prick ( IS IT JEALOUSY OF WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE GOT THAT YOU CAN'T HAVE!!!!!)
DAVID BARNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 18:22   #4 (permalink)

David Barnes, YOU MUST BE KIDDING.

No-one needs attitudes like that in a car club. Simon kindly asked everyone to behave themselves, particularly around the public eyes, but some people don't realise that they are sending wrong messages to the public!

This is a car club for enthusiasts, not for people who want to give the club a bad name, unintentional or otherwise!

Grow up.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 19:10   #5 (permalink)
Australian EF XR6 Member

David Barnes

I did not critise you publicly because I was not sure who thr drivers were!

At least I don't degenerate to common insults.

If you want to have this conversation as a group of intelligent individuals the I would be happy to debate the points in my message that offend you.
QuarterPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 19:43   #6 (permalink)
Mike

Ok, here goes...

Dave, I reckon you're a good bloke, and I know that Simon too is also a good bloke. Let's all put everything in perspective, put the past in the past, and move ahead with the knowledge we have all gained. There's no denying that some things may be taken and used against the club, whether they are intentional or not. Being a good bloke Dave, I know you'd never do anything to deliberately harm the club. We as a club also have the responsibility to let everyone know that we have to watch our backs as a club, because potentially anyone in public could take anything we do and use it against us. I'm sure you can understand our point of view here mate, because we simply want to keep the club going. So please Dave, don't take this as a personal attack. It's nothing of the sort. We just simply want to let everyone know that we have to watch ourselves because the general public are too, and they have the power to "give it to us dry". Sad but true.

When it comes down to it, being a co-founder of this club, I'll do ANYTHING I can to keep things running smoothly, and avoid bad blood. There is never any bad intentions in this club between any members, new or old. Only misunderstandings that CAN BE SORTED OUT.

Anyway, I've said my piece...
Old 03-28-2001, 07:09   #7 (permalink)
BSR

Well said Mike........Now the matter should be closed!!

Rob
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia

Related Reading: Driver behaviour during club events