Ford Forums banner

Dyno Day Results

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  redhotxr8 
#1 ·
I'd like to thank Croydon Autosports for hosting such an excellent day yesterday, and also Kelli (aka XR8chic) for organising it for us.

I think everybody was quite pleased with the results of their car on the dyno. Some were even surprised with the results. I know I was.

I scored 125kW at the wheels out of my EF1 XR8 Manual that has 192,000 kms on the clock, and is pretty much stock except for the K&N panel filter, the 10mm spark plug leads, and the removal of the rear resonator from the exhaust system. I was actually expecting somewhere between 105 and 110kW.

I'll leave it up to Kelli to comment on the Mobil Synergy 8000 vs. Shell Optimax debate. With the same settings on her unichip, after just changing the fuel, there was quite a difference.

A few other things were tried during the course of the day. I'll leave it up to those people to comment individually on what
occurred.

#2 ·
I think we all had a great time out there. I clocked the best 6 with 122kws at the wheels. Exhuast, extractors, air take and filter.. I was amusaed with some of the results too. like an EL XR8 111kws...
most xr6's were at the 116kw mark. But the medal has to got to the Ef Gli which as stock pulled around 114kws...

Will

G
#3 ·
I must say again and again, well done kell
U made a very misserable day into a remeberable 1

I must say thanks to sam who supplied me a 2nd hand part 4 a mier $100,which gave me an added 19KW at the wheels

Yes thats right an un frozen air flow meter.
I started off with 97KW from a stock EF V8 Fairmont S/W,with a stuffed MAF sensor.
I then fitted the new 1 on and it increased it to a wopping 166KW(woops misprint)a meir 116KW which i was very happy to have a stock car again

Once again

WELL DONE KELL

G
#4 ·
A big thanks from me to the following worthies:

Kelli for organising a great day.
The lady cooking on the bbq for us. (Sorry I didn't get your name)
Sam for lending me that Cobra EEC (I'll let you know how it goes soon!)
The rest of you guys for turning up and being good company.

Paul re your dyno sheet - is there a dip or a flattening in your figures from ~ 152km/h? If so, you're Cobra EEC may be cheating you of some power.

For the interested my Sprint pulled a best of 168kW. Of course I 'cheated' by cooling the intake with ice to keep temps the same between my runs where I swapped mass air meters and intake piping. Feel free to discount my runs against the rest but no Tim I don't think it made a 54kW difference. :)

#6 ·
Hello Black S,
I'm particularly interested in your car after hearing it topped the dyno hit list for sixes. What model is it? does it have a Unichip?, what brand of extractors and exhaust?, is it a straight through system ETC ETC ETC. The reason I ask is that I have a AU XR6 manual. It was dyno'd at Croydon and came it at 124kw with HMheaders(hi flow cat. attached to it), a 2.5in straight through system and K&N filter. It has since had a Unichip installed and is now pumping out 137kw at wheels. So tell me a bit about yours, thanks.

#7 ·
Hi RedAUXR8,
ok..
Its a Stock AU Falcon S
Stock I think my car normally Pulls 102KWs
Mods.. Pacemaker Extractors, 3" Hi Flow Cat, 3" Flowmaster Muffler and 3" pipe work to finish her off.. O
n the Dyno B4 Croydon she gave about 119Kws. I think I lost a bit of power with the 3" exhaust System. But either way I am happy with the performance and power gain. A little slow on the take off, but when she's over 2500rpm she goes.. It can keep up with a VN V8 pulling 136kws. till about 100kms.
Since then I've added a O2 Rush Hi flow filter and Bigger Air intake.. It allows it to breathe more easier by reving quicker. but I don't think it has given that much more power gain.
I am now saving for a CAM and also a Unichip after she is paid off. So hopefully I will get over 136kws.. I would like more but I'll have to wait and see..

:O)

Will

G
#8 ·
Yes a top day.""Thanks Kelly"" and for lunch.Dyno lets you know whats going on.I have read and been told that any reasonable mods the pump needs replacing but mine was actually rich all through the rev range.SO I can spend money els were.Money well spent..

Yes Kon:apparently at 4k rpm the Cobra ecu up the volts to fuel pump.Acording to {www.Corral.net} It was allready rich enough.Check that out after port matching the inlet to heads.Oh and a GOOD filter,muffler.

#10 ·
OK.. I finally have some time to write the results of my little test from dyno day.

My car (ED XR8 with extractors, exhaust, K&N pod air filter and UniChip) has been running Mobil Synergy 8000 since the day before I got the UniChip installed.

My First run's (with an almost empty tank of Mobil synergy) got 130kw. After this run, I went down to the local Shell and filled up with Optimax.
My next run got 124kw !!! (Yes - a 6kw loss at the wheels, with just a change in petrol)

The guys at croydon autosports then spent the next 15 mins reprogramming my UniChip, and my last run got 130kw.

I will let people draw there own conclusions with these results, the only thing I will say is to those people who have performance chips.. You should get the chip tuned into your car with the petrol you plan on using on a daily basis.. As my test has shown, petrol that is supposably identical (both are 98RON) can have a substantial difference in your cars performance.

:)
Kelli S

#11 ·
Hi All,

This is my first post for this forum. :)This makes the 3rd forum i've registered apart from BON and Fordforums.
Yeah I'm the guy with the green EF Wagon that pulled 114kw at the dyno day. I really enjoyed the day and meeting alot of ford people. Oh yeah i'd like to thank Croydon Auto Sports and Kelli for organising a really cool day.

I'm really very suprised at my figures from a stock 6 which has done 187,000km. Apart from a manual and an O2 rush filter theres no other mods done to the engine. In my opinion the Ford 6 is very under rated.

It was really good to see the other XR8's on the dyno as this will give me some inspiration to own an XR8. Hehehe I've still got the V8 sound going though my head, when they pulled full revs on the dyno.

Well i look forward to seeing all you guys in the next gathering.

#12 ·
Guys/girls,

Great day, I like to add my thanks to Kelli and the club organisers, well done and I hope to see some of these days continue in the future.

For anyone who was wondering, My car is the Silver AU Series 1, Tickford kit, without the high black rear spoiler! (7/99) Stock with 130Kw at the rear (using Synergy 8000 fuel if anyone is interested).

I was told by the dealer that they started putting the 200Kw engines into the XR8's from July 99. With 130Kw at the rear maybe this is the case?

Anyhow, it would be great to see all the Dyno print outs, without Rego details of course, on the site, maybe next to a picture of the car, with the current Mods they had for the day. Is this possible, and is it something you guys/girls would like to see??

Regards,

Mal

#15 ·
my six pulls 142, ill post the graph if you want, but i have spent a bit of cash on it,head work,cam,chip etc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.