Eastern Creek - March 20th - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2002, 17:03   #1 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

Eastern Creek - March 20th

Who's going to run??

Who's going to watch??

I am all set to run - just put my crappy 15's on the rear.

anakha... I am not gonna run the slicks... you want me to ask EB to bring them for you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2002, 17:40   #2 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Just wondering what time does the drags start and finish?

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 20:00   #3 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

Scruiteneering starts at 3pm

Racing starts at 5pm

Finishes at 10pm

I am leaving to go there in about 10 mins.
Old 03-20-2002, 05:55   #4 (permalink)
Aussie Falcon Enthusiast

A pox on the ARDC!

I turned up for registration at Eastern Creek before 6pm and I only managed to get 1 run in the whole night and that wasn't till after 8pm.

On street tyres I managed 14.67 @ 95.3mph. 2.33 60ft. Spun a bit off the line although the run felt ok. Had EBONOS's slicks on and ready to go for my 2nd run but got turned away from the start only a few cars away from racing.

Next time I'll plan ahead and take the day off. Damn, $45 for 1 run - feels like paying a fine, bleh.
anakha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 17:38   #5 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by anakha
A pox on the ARDC!

I turned up for registration at Eastern Creek before 6pm and I only managed to get 1 run in the whole night and that wasn't till after 8pm.

On street tyres I managed 14.67 @ 95.3mph. 2.33 60ft. Spun a bit off the line although the run felt ok. Had EBONOS's slicks on and ready to go for my 2nd run but got turned away from the start only a few cars away from racing.

Next time I'll plan ahead and take the day off. Damn, $45 for 1 run - feels like paying a fine, bleh.
14.6 not too bad!what do you drive?
Kell have you uploaded any new vids at your website???
ayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 23:11   #6 (permalink)

2 hours for a run, sounds like a slow night. What was the problem lots of cars or breakdowns?

Also suprised that you got slicks on after scrutineering.
blown EF 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 06:20   #7 (permalink)
Aussie Falcon Enthusiast

ayman

Manual Sprint. Have run 14.32 previously so that was my target. Hard to get consistent good launches on street tyres, particularly when the car rolls back on the line cos of the slope!

blown EF 6

Yeah it was a busy night. Lesson learnt is to get there early and get a few runs in before the crowd has registered and gone through scrutineering. Kelli got there a bit less than 2 hours before me and got 5 runs in to my 1.

Re the slicks, well after scrutineering closes sometime after 7 there is nothing to stop you bolting on slicks even if you dont have a tailshaft loop. We just swapped tyres in one of the bays and lined up. Shame time ran out before I made it to the line for another pass though.
anakha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia