Eastern Creek - thanks Pete - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2001, 19:12   #1 (permalink)

Eastern Creek - thanks Pete

Peter, You're damm right it was a good day!! I am sure I speak for all those who went when I say thanks for your efforts in communicating and organising the day. For me, it was well worth the drive down from Newcastle.

That is one hell of a track that would take many laps to master. I must say turn 1 at 140k is my fav (stole a glance at the speedo which nearly cost me dearly!!). Tim, The "racecam" video turned out well - nice smooth driving style mate but how about redlining the beast occasionally!!
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2001, 20:01   #2 (permalink)
dwh

Good the racecam coverage turned out ok, might take some time for Tim to get the cameramans fingermarks out of the dash though!

Thanks as well Peter, top afternoon.

Doug
Old 04-15-2001, 20:06   #3 (permalink)

Funny you should mention that, my cameraman quietly put the camera down near the end of the straight each lap so he could hang on with both hands through turn 1!!
Old 04-17-2001, 07:42   #4 (permalink)
Australian EF1 XR8 Member

What's this about fingernails being removed from the dashboard? I thought you seemed incredibly comfortable. Considering you were being flung around the creek at warp speed, in a car that you had driven once, with a guy you had never even been out with on the street, let alone the track..... :-)

Glad to see you survived the run with BDE Racing.....that's Brown Dacks Experience Racing...... :-)

Can't wait to see the footage. Maybe we should get it digitized and put on the website....

Thanks to Peter and Moto Concepts Australia for a top afternoon. Hope we can do it again.... Damn this bug has bitten hard!!!
timbo ef1xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2001, 10:48   #5 (permalink)

Tim,

Re lap times: I tried timing myself (bit dodgy!) and got a 2:04 on a clear lap then 4:22 for 2 laps where I struck some slower traffic. Accuracy should be within 1-2 secs. We should make sure we get some proper timing done next time we go.

The video footage shows you hitting about 175 on one lap - it was definitely a good idea to take the 'victims' out with us!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia