ESeriesF & EL Car Club of SA???? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2002, 01:38   #1 (permalink)
Serving Defect #3

ESeriesF & EL Car Club of SA????

Is there one, or do I have to start it myself.

If I do
fordfan351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2002, 01:41   #2 (permalink)
Serving Defect #3

oops hit the wrong button

E-series Car Club of SA...is there one or do we need to get it started.

If I was to start up the club who would be interested in membership(at no cost of course)

The club would involve regular cruises, say monthly, and a calendar would be provided for 2003 for shows, cruises, events meeting etc, etc.

I want to get this going, but only if there is sufficient interest.
Old 11-10-2002, 01:47   #3 (permalink)
Death to Camry's!

well, in the strict sense the cruises that we go on here are now run by the Eseries Falcon Club of Aust... well at least I will call it that. Being the SA Rep of it, that would mean for the time being that I invent and run the cruises, but more SA input is always good, Im always happy to work with more people on things such as this
MightyEFGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 03:47   #4 (permalink)
400 kg ego

In this thread, http://discussions.fordforums.com/sh...threadid=26815 I explained that the Club is nation-wide, and in fact includes New Zealand as well. While NZ and various other states/territories have had few if any meets, our SA division, now run by MightyNA as mentioned, has been successful.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 15:10   #5 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Fan

I say this is a good place for the club... here with the national one. I think we could possibly make up some flyers to hand out to nice E-Series falcons with the forums address, maybe Chris (our SA Rep) contact details if its ok with him. Even if people want to, start having a meeting every 2months to organise upcoming cruises, events etc. for us to be a part of.

Wat are other peoples thoughts?

'69 XW Fairmont GS (GT Replica), Reef Green 351c 2V (not for long ), Top Loader, 9" with 3.55's,
RedEF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 23:54   #6 (permalink)
Death to Camry's!

I think thats a good idea again Lee, itd be good to have a meeting every couple of months with other members to discuss certain things, just a casual affair at a pub over a couple of beers. But for sure I dont mind some contact details of mine being on flyers, I would rather have an email address and not a phone number, as ive had bad experiences with this type of thing, but definately an email and the web addy of the club would be ok with me
MightyEFGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 01:06   #7 (permalink)
Serving Defect #3

I would certainly prefer an organised club, which could have planned events so we could provide a calendar for events throughout 2003.

No need to give specifics on the Calendar, just earmark the date, and work the rest out later.

This Club meeting Calendar could include cruises(various, say monthly, we could attend car shows as a club, attend other club cruises as a club etc etc

The key for me is organisation and formalisation, I know a dude in printing who could make up a club sticker for us so we know whos in the club, we could have club meetings every couple of months as my learned collegue above intimated.

My call is to essentially model the E-Series Car Club of SA on an existing car club say the Falcon Car Club of SA, and run it in the same manner, with regular meets, cruises, family days etc etc.

I am happy to be involved in preparation for any such event, however at times my work will keep me busy for weeks on end, with no time for anything else, however when im free, I am happy to help in anyway I can.

Let's make this happen
Old 11-11-2002, 04:40   #8 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Fan

Just on the topic of gettin out more, I reckon i saw ur car on saturday night pulling into the Quix on tapleys hill road at west beach. We were on the cruise heading for the finish point at bunnings.... was it u FordFan351??

'69 XW Fairmont GS (GT Replica), Reef Green 351c 2V (not for long ), Top Loader, 9" with 3.55's,
RedEF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 18:02   #9 (permalink)
Serving Defect #3

Thumbs up Nah not me mate

I was at a BBQ, drinking Crownies

Didn't find out bout the cruise till Sunday night when I got home, but for sure I'll be at the next cruise.

You can have a closer look, after you've seen it, you won't mistake any other cars for mine.
Old 11-15-2002, 17:44   #10 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

Did you get my email fordfan351. I appologise for the lateness of the email. I knew I should told you earlier.
I hope to see you on the next one

As for the club sticker - I definitely be in that..... but as fordfan351 said, I'm flat out at work as well and it would only be if I can that I could help out!

Hangin for the next cruise!

Regards
blueoval
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia