Ford Forums banner

Going to Heathcote on the 14th?

5K views 37 replies 9 participants last post by  Heritage 
#1 ·
I work for Repco, and I'm also attending the FF.com Drag meet on the 14th, so I thought why not offer the guys and girls some good prices on car parts while Im there.
So here's how I'd like it to work.
you post in here what you need and I'll get back to you with a price as fast as I can. Then you simply pick it up and pay for it at Heathcote on the 14th.
Couldn't be simpler.
I'll be donating some of the profits back to FordForums.com and I hope to be also donating some prizes on the day.
So just post here what you're after, and I'll get back to you.

#3 ·
Sounds good but too late for me. I want to have my car r/w and registered to drive to heathcote to give it a run (not 1/4 yet). Depending how the r/w and $ goes I'll possibly need parts ASAP. I am heavily counting on a decent tax return this year.

Brenden

#4 ·
ooooooh, how about this (pending price and loan of course); All EBII (I'll PM you if theyn differ tqe to full engine);

Tie rod ends
Upper and lower ball joints
Front and rear wheel bearings
Set of King Superlows
Set of Monroe GT shocks to match
Full set of noluthane bushes (oooh pricey)
DBA Slotted/Cross drilled fronts - ABS
DBA slotted rears

Anything in the way of master cylinder/caliper rebuild kits?

uuuummmmm I can pinch brake fluid from work ;)

Yes I have lots of fun stuff to do.

#9 ·
DBA slotted rotors front for AU.

#10 ·
Cobra said:
DBA slotted rotors front for AU.
$100 each, I think, I looked today, but I left my notebook at work adn I'm going on memory. I'll confirm tomorrow though.
I tyhink the slotted and drilled are $120 each also.
but like I said, I'll confirm tomorrow.
and Phsyco Chook, I forgot to take the list with me this morning, but I'll get your prices tomorrow.

NZ...I've had a look and the best price I can muster is something like $500, and I have to buy it in as we dont have one anywhere.

#11 ·
Slotted and cross drilled are gold ones right? I think they look better but do they perform better?

#14 ·
Cool thanks mate. I hear that the cross drilled rotors can crack easy. If they don't perform much better than the plain sloted I might just go for them. I'll see whay the wallet wants to spit out when it comes a little closer to the date and definately let you know.

#17 ·
Rod, I've looked everywhere for a brunette, but apparently they are getting harder and harder to get a hold of, seems they have been superseeded to the new improved Blonde model, and unfortunately the price has also risen dramatically, so much so, that in order to own one, you'd have to sell the ute. :wnc:

#19 ·
Heritage said:
Rod, I've looked everywhere for a brunette, but apparently they are getting harder and harder to get a hold of, seems they have been superseeded to the new improved Blonde model, and unfortunately the price has also risen dramatically, so much so, that in order to own one, you'd have to sell the ute. :wnc:

i would suguest that you talk to your boss & tell him its time to upgrade your catalogs, the "BLONDE" is the old model, been there done that if you know what i mean

as for selling the "UTE" i went through that with the old one, hence the old saying.. once bitten twice shy :angel:

regards
rod

i knew a guy once that used to tell me that buy sexual is the best way to be, he used to buy it when he wanted it :fly:

#22 ·
Cobra said:
Cool thanks mate. I hear that the cross drilled rotors can crack easy. If they don't perform much better than the plain sloted I might just go for them. I'll see whay the wallet wants to spit out when it comes a little closer to the date and definately let you know.

Correct. If you plan to take the car to a track day, you are better off with the DBA slotted Rotors.

#23 ·
Auto's on the track are crap. But I drive my car on the street like the track so it doesn't matter :p

I might just go for the standard slotted rotors then.

#24 ·
Cobra said:
Auto's on the track are crap. But I drive my car on the street like the track so it doesn't matter :p

Your brakes get a much harder workout on the track than they ever will on the road.

#25 ·
Cobra said:

I'd beg to differ depending on the age of the car. ;) Auto's on the strip in old cars are great. Auto's in late model cars on the strip are pretty ordinary unless the computers been tampered with. They usually drop rpm before changing.

Manuals in old cars are not so flash as the ratios aren't ideal. Manual's in new cars are better on the strip due to the ratios of the box.

Brenden

#26 ·
LG I can't get BMC gear, sorry.[/b]

Pshyco Chicken prices are as follows, and I'd need an answer pretty quickly so I can make sure it's all in stock before the day.
Tie Rod ends $20 each
Upper Ball joints $32 each
Lower Ball Joints $27 each
Front wheel bearing kits $18 each
Rear Wheel bearing kits $32 each
Superlow King Springs $100 a set
Front struts (not shortened) $90 each
Rear Shocks (not shortened) $100 for the pair
Front Slotted Rotors $120 each (ABS)
and I forgot to look up the rear rotor prices, sorry, I'll do it tomorrow.

Cobra Front Slotted Rotors are $110 each for your car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.