Gold Coast run - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2000, 01:59   #1 (permalink)
Mike

Gold Coast run

Well, I for one think it's a great idea! From Sydney, it's about 8 hours to my place which is about 5 mins south of the border. You'd want to allow a day for the trip up, for decent stops etc. For the keen ones, you can do it at night and save an hour or two.

I'd be thinking it would be a 3 day deal, basically a day up, a day here, and a day back. Hence, 2 nights accom would be the go. Something like a fri/sat/sun affair.

If anyone is keen for something like this, I can look into the accomodation side of things, and get some rough prices.

And not to forget the club up here - it'd be great to have both clubs together up here for a meet!

And the latest petrol price update - ULP 80.9c/L, premium 84.9c/L. :~)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2000, 09:28   #2 (permalink)
Australian EF XR6 Member

Mike

Sounds interesting - check out what's available and let us know.

Simon
QuarterPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2000, 17:33   #3 (permalink)

I'm sure Mike would have a few spare beds !!!

I may be interested in a drive up there but finding a three day weekend that is free could be a problem !!! :(
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2000, 13:21   #4 (permalink)

Mike, perhaps we could also arrange a few women for the boys amongst us who aren't so keen ;P
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2000, 10:15   #5 (permalink)
Mike

An admirable idea! Actually, I would have thought that was one of the deciding factors of having the run up here.. ;-) Now I know why everyone who moved up here kept telling me how nice the "change of scenery" was. <G> Damn, this coast is full of lovely young ladies! Ah if only there was time to meet them all.. *sigh*

Old 08-20-2000, 10:17   #6 (permalink)
Mike

Well, just cruising up the coast road, there are quite a few little hotel/motel places for between $20 and $40 a night. Not sure how clean they are though, but I'll do some more investigations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia