great cruise - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2002, 13:22   #1 (permalink)
phreeky

great cruise

well guys up here in Townsville we had all the local guys that go on the performance forums occasionally to get together for a cruise.

anyway, i pull up next to four of my mates cars in a local carpark, about 10mins early. not a lot happening, just talkin'

suddenly a fleet of cars comes in. 2 series 4 rx7 turbos, 2 200SXs, a 180 sx, SSS bluebird U11 (4wd turbo), vr4 (4wd turbo - looks like an old magna) - shit yeah!

also a bunch of other cars, a VL turbo in very good condition and running well. an EB (i think, didn't talk to them) XR8 came in.

well the only holden ppl were the VL turbo guys who have smartly kept it looking stock, and a VH/VK peice of shit that every1 wanted to go away.

so representing the fords we had my EA (white Spack 5sp MPI), a guys EA that was total shit (5sp, assuming MPI) - it had a GT body kit and GT badge on back, paint peeling off everywhere, didn't give the falcons a good name, and the last ford (true ford) was an older (dunno model) falcon ute running a 3.3l carby.

drove around for a couple of hours, parked at different places around town, got my ass kicked by the turbo beasts, even when the pricks were short shifting!

i races were in a line up at the start between the two 200SXs (s14 and s15 i think, dunno them too well) and, well, lets not go there. oh, a really fast 87 skyline with a turbo engine was there that kicked my ass too, my mate is buying that off him. i also was next to the falcon ute and blew that away. the xr8 and other EA took off at the start, so i was probably the quickest non-turbo car there, next was the 96 bluebird, then the three pintara trxs.

raced my mates brothers tx5 turbo. his clutch is basically gone, so off the line i left him for dead (he had 2 passengers too), but when we hit it at 60, damn that thing is quick! he was slowly pulling away up until about 100, then i hit third and we were even until around 130 then i got past him.

tx3 (turbo 4wd) was there too, but it wasn't too good, quite slow really.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia