I won Summernats Grand Champion!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2005, 01:49   #1 (permalink)

roll I won Summernats Grand Champion!!!

Under some contraversal circumstances I won the Grand Champion of the summernats,, After being 2 points behind Gary Myers after judging i blitzed the driving events placing 1st in the motorkahna and go-whoa, with gary only place in 5th,, which gave me back the 2 points to make the poin score a draw,, coming down to a drive off in the go-whoa to decide the Champ..

Well according to the judges our times where exactly the same,, even after the commentator saying that Gary over shot the line, and I cut a perfect time the previous 2 times placing 1st and him 5th, he happened to all of a sudden be able to catch up with me with a time 100% the same ,, Thus giving for the first time in history 2 Summernats Grand champions..

For any 1 that was there for the driving events will know i drove the car damn hard (and ****ing loved it), and even got it in the grass for the expression session!!

We also made Top10,, 2nd custom paint and 2nd top pro-street, and a special award given to me by a guest judge from the U.S named GM-Joe who is a very highly reguarded custom car builder and judge.. To me the honour of him picking my car as the most Outstanding Street Machine is by far much greater than anything handed out in the elite awards,

Btw security for the top cars was very well organised this year, and id have to congratulate Chic Henry on this, All in all it was a good event!!!
TopFord2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2005, 02:13   #2 (permalink)

Re: I won Summernats Grand Champion!!!

congratulations mate, good work.but what car do you have??
Old 01-09-2005, 02:14   #3 (permalink)
Almost a P-Plater!

Your car is unreal. It i do have admit, you do drive the car very hard, maybe a bit to hard. Like you said, getting the most Outstanding Street Machine would be the best award to get.

The event was great this year. Security was doing there job pretty well except for when a fight broke out. They did nothing at all.
Great car and hope everything goes good for it in the future!

Cheers,
Tiges

Tinted Windows, Herrod 2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, XR6T Snorkel, BMC Filter!
Unichip
143.2 rwKw and 448.9 Nm!

Bad thing about it... its the parents car and they won't let me drive it!
Tiges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 02:18   #4 (permalink)

XP coupe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coupe-26.JPG (32.2 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg coupe-30.JPG (34.8 KB, 133 views)
TopFord2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 02:38   #5 (permalink)

ah ok, i know the one,
The X-Hilliar coupe, i`m sorry i bet you hate hearing that. Although Hilliars built it, mate have perfected it.
I`m an early bird fan as well,i have a xp sedan thats finished a complete rebuild and i`m about to start my XL sedan delivery.
Are you taking it to the Brisbane Hot Rod Show???
Old 01-09-2005, 03:03   #6 (permalink)
what u lookin at

awesome, its good that it was 2 Fords that won. but it sounds as though u should have been the only winner. BTW that car has to be one of my favourites! fukken awesome
needturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 04:10   #7 (permalink)

stil getting the dust n rubber outa my hair!.. just turned 22 and was my 1st summernats... bloody awsome! I co pioleted in a XE ESD on the grass events... security was top notch... how can u improve on perfection? cos u nailed it mate!... congrats to you and garry myers... (doughts) stil brilliant mustang tho... youve the best xp ive ever seen...congrats to you, all other entrants, spectators, and lastly summernats organisers for a wonderful wkend.. (heaven) My 1st but not last Summernats... GO THE FORDS!
fordfreak ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 04:14   #8 (permalink)
Fitted.....

Congrats mate!

Off topic...... Did any one see Eddie Tassone at the nats? and if so how did he go on the dyno?

Thanks

Toby
Old 01-09-2005, 04:56   #9 (permalink)
Yes, fords still kick

Well done mate, you will be pleased to know that your car has been on my wall since the poster came out in Street Machine. Great to see two Fords up there
Old 01-09-2005, 22:19   #10 (permalink)
V8 ute driver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby123
Congrats mate!

Off topic...... Did any one see Eddie Tassone at the nats? and if so how did he go on the dyno?

Thanks

Toby
yeah he got about 1230rwhp, not sure of the exact figure. Which i think gave him the overall win. I didn't see the finals on sun but he was infront on sat.
As far as i have heard, the only other car to crack the 1000 rwhp was the CAPA supercharge crewman with 1022 hp on sat qualifyning. Not sure what it ran on sun.
Any offer considered.
Now driving a 04 BA XR8 Manual Envi ute. Mods to come...
flavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia