Ford Forums banner

June 1 drag meet

7K views 76 replies 32 participants last post by  TeamKiwi 
#1 ·
How did it go ? What times did people get ?

#3 ·
WOO HOO what a meet, it was great i droped in fairly late around 12.30 an there were a huge ammount of cars there all up and a huge ammount of ford were there as well, which is great to see. Many great passes by the ford guys and then some faster passes by some pro's.
Now the problem is all i can smell is rubber.

G
#5 ·
What can i say, absolutely fun!

I had a few passes, and managed a pb of 16.3 before we had to go.. I was getting better with each run :p

1st: 16.9
2nd: 16.6
3rd: 16.4

I wanted to go a couple more runs, but ran out of time..

The officials did a great job to get the track ready, and they even let us (which was goo for me being a first timer) drive down and up the track slowly drying it out..

Great ride up, great turnout, and loads of fun.... recommended to anyone who didn't go this time, but wants to go next time!

Cheers,
Yagz

#6 ·
Awesome day! I believe that the fastest time recorded on the day was 9.17seconds by that R33 skyline. Damn that thing was quick, the whole back end slams the floor as it squats on takeoff :notwthy:

Second fastest were the rotors, with the fastest V8 running mid 10's. Bloody hell those cars are loud, especially when your only meters away from the burnout pad :D

#7 ·
That r33 was awesome! One damn quick car!
My runs were as follows:
1st: 16.83 @ 85.32mph, lost to an r31, killed him off the line tho
2nd: 16.89 @ 84.52mph, lost to yagz, u bastard :p
3rd: 16.78 @ 84.92mph, lost to an auxr6

Overall it was good fun, my first e-series meet, and i'll be back for more!

#8 ·
Damn that Cortina getting sideways was a sight!

I'll get my photos developed some day then get em scanned.

Had a bit of a nap on the way back I think, I'll borrow Wayne's DVD player next time.

#9 ·
Well after a 3 hour drive home stuck behind a convoy of :cen: Morons in SS utes towing Dirt Bikes taking up all 3 lanes going Dam slow i finally made it home! :madman:
It was a pretty good day with the Best turnout ive seen so far. There was bout 25 E-series cars there several of wich competed! When i turned up to the Ford plant i could hardly believe my eyes!
Well done to everyone who competed and especieally to STOKEB who recorded a new club record (i think) of 14.9 on his first run on a wet track!! :driver:
Heres some Photos! http://www.members.optushome.com.au/burgomeister/heathcote/

PHoeNiX_ :heydude:

#10 ·
Rmyers said:
Second fastest were the rotors, with the fastest V8 running mid 10's.
Actually I think that yellow VL turbo was the second fastest with a 9.69 or something like that. Bloody awesome!!!

I had a good time today, the weather was pretty dodgy from the moment I got up, but luckily the track dried up a bit so some guys were able to do some runs.

Although they weren't the quickest or the flashiest cars there, I enjoyed watching the white R34 GT-R and STI Impreza in action. It was funny when the guy on the mic told off the STI driver for behaving like a dick when they were trying to dry out the track.

For me, the best looking car was the blue XE? owned by Simons mate. The paint was to die for and the rims just set it off perfectly. Such a shame he wasn't able to do any runs.

Being the lazy kind of guy that I am, I didn't really take many pictures, so when I get a chance i will upload them for you all to see. Sundeep (my passenger) got some cool night driving shots of Karls EB Ghia on the way home. I'll email them to him and he can post them if he wants.

Overall it was a great day and I eagerly await the next one.

Ash

#12 ·
PHoeNiX_EB said:
Well after a 3 hour drive home stuck behind a convoy of :cen: Morons in SS utes towing Dirt Bikes taking up all 3 lanes going Dam slow i finally made it home! :madman:
It was a pretty good day with the Best turnout ive seen so far. There was bout 25 E-series cars there several of wich competed! When i turned up to the Ford plant i could hardly believe my eyes!
Well done to everyone who competed and especieally to STOKEB who recorded a new club record (i think) of 14.9 on his first run on a wet track!! :driver:
Heres some Photos! http://www.members.optushome.com.au/burgomeister/heathcote/

PHoeNiX_ :heydude:
gee you dont waste any time getting pix up do ya !! haha

yeah the turnout was amazing for a seccond i thought that we were in the wrong carpark i thought all the cars were ford employees!

STOKEB, 14.9 wow! that thing is quick!

it was great to see so many E series cars running too

simon sorry to hear bout ya mates XE damn shame did he manage to get a few good runs in before the diff drama?

ash you are a deamon on the road man your car sounds good too what zorst u runnin?

yeah i had my dvd player set up on teh way there and back watched the original gone in 60 sec on the way up and in the red on the way back no car trip will be boring again!!

#15 ·
what an awesome day, i ran my best so far
a 15.4 @ 91mph wheelspining off the line, man i need some better rubber now! was allright weather all day till i dropped the exhaust. i rekon i jinxed it because i was putting it back on in the rain! sounded pretty rorty eh lol

oh and stokeb, more details of your 14.9! like 60ft and mph please

#16 ·
hey guys,

It was realy good to see such a large gathering of so many differnet cars!
I was a bastard and never came over to say hello but i was with the skyline club, came with my mate in his r33 cause my ea is in pieces gettin a much needed manual installed and a custom interior.

Simon your car was looking good and some nice times there 2, but god dam that mate of yours silvia jap spec is one fast car, times were on par with the r34 gtr!!!
Not a bad day pitty about the showers though!

#17 ·
Great day

1st: 15.98 @ 88.39 MPH Lost 2 some Turbo not by much

2nd: 16.0 @ 83.40 MPH Won against an EA

3rd: 15.95 @ 88.25 MPH After a 4.5 sec delay the yelow VL absolutley owned my car 9.69 @ 141.1 MPH

#18 ·
Hi All,
Id just like to thank everyone who came, even though the weather looked a bit iffy, and to let you all know that we still have the trophies for a D.Y.O. Bracket for your club, unfortunately we would'nt have been able to run it sunday due to the late start but they'll be there for next time your all up. passengers will be allowed next time, they didn't let them sunday because there were so many cars and again the late start.

Many Thanks
Joanne
Heathcote Raceway

#20 ·
Hi Joanne, On behalf of the club I'd like to thank you for the wonderful day. It was quite obvious the staff did everything they could to get the most runs in with the weather. I must say we were quite worried as it was raining all the way up and when we got to Heathcote thats when the sun started shining. I was surprised at how quick the cars were scruitineered. We'll definitly be back for sure! Maybe next time we can organise a day where we hire the track.

It wa the EB's first outing mainly to get some times as stock to base future mods against. I did 3 runs during the day and recorded 16.01, and 2 15.95's so it was pretty consistant. Two of the runs I was agains other cars. First was a skyline (not sure if it was turbo as we had similar times, and an AU2. I got to the end before the AU but he had a quicker time as I had a better RT.
Being able do do a semi decent burnout at the start was a nice change (read non lsd in the ea). Hopefully Ill have the 5 speed finished by the time we have the next drag meet.

I noticed a few people improve their times. Quickcorty was quite a bit quicker this time with a new intake and extractors I think. Simon beat his previous record for a flat 15. Man you should have seen the rubber peeling off his tires during his burnouts! I was surprised the Sprint didnt get quicker times from memory it was doing around the 15.7 (?). Absolutly LOVED the purple skyline! I heard a few comments from obviously pro holden guys about the amount of fords without headlights. I quickly beat them back down to their small minded world.

Anyway it was a wonderful turnout. I didnt get to count the cars maybe somebody did? A Pat on the back to everyone for a awesome day despite weather.

PS, pics will be up soon.

#21 ·
well i had a great day, i didnt race but watched all day, i got videos and pics that i have to put online.
i was impressed by Simon's new PB.
good to meet so many new ppl from the club.
i was certainly amased to see that about 90% of the fords that were there were E series, no BA's at all.
a successful meet!
:D

#22 ·
#23 ·
I had a ball! My first time ever at a dragstrip! Good to see so many E-series cars do SO well!

1st attempt - 15.9 @ 89MPH
2nd attempt - 16.2 @ 88MPH
3rd attempt - 16.0 @ 88MPH

I could of sworn my car was capable of a little more, but obviously not.. Can't wait for next time though!
It was great putting faces to alias'!

Also a big thanks to those who lent out helmets! :)

ChuBBz

#24 ·
Well it was good fun yesterday - except for the early end due to rain. In the end I only got 3 runs!

Anyway, my best time was 15.9 quarter mile at 89 mph.

I was pretty happy with that, since it was my first time at the drags with my XR6. I got too much wheelspin on all three runs, although the 15.9 run wasn't too bad. It was dissapointing that there was not a single BA there, and I was one of only two AU's - the other one was a silver Fairmont (Ghia?). There was a green EB/ED GLi wagon that ran respectable low 16's !

The fastest car there was a yellow VL Turbo that ran 9.1 !!!

I hope to catch up with the E-Series guys for future events.

// Jake

#25 ·
hey Black XR6 VCT, were you set to race against a black Commodore when they called it quits?

I only got to see about an hour's worth of racing, & sorta drifted thru the crowd headhunting fellow FF people while going back to my car to grab the camera (I only took 3 shots before it rained dammit!!!), but DAMN the 8 hour trip was worth it! This meet was my first chance to come out & attend a club gathering, and although I came about 2 hours later than planned (no thanks to my hungover gf, GRR) it was still great to catch a bit if the atmosphere.

Finally, a big g'day to those I met there: Damien Lambert, EFFalcon, CATMan, Jack T, Rob <psycho chicken>, Wayne <NC_8?>, NZ, and all those who I can't quite remember. I think all that rubber got to my memory...

Despite the fact that I was most impressed by a little white Gemini --DAMN that was fast!--, the "AWSMXD" & Quikcorty's EA looked & sounded great on the track.

That purple VH was impressive too :) I'd swear the driver was taking hints from all the EA-Ds with his one headlight hehe

All up I had a great day & look forward to the next occasion when I'm free! Now I've got an assignment & presentation to start, due this arvo (doh!)

-Dave-

PS, only one gripe:

If the owner of "GASESP" browses this forum, doing 120 in a 60 zone (while overtaking about 7 cars) is NOT cool. Especially on a wet road

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.