June 1 drag meet - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2003, 15:37   #1 (permalink)
Ford Veteran

June 1 drag meet

How did it go ? What times did people get ?
gmanEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2003, 16:54   #2 (permalink)
gone

Its 9.00am in morning, and its raining, hopefully they can make some passes during the day!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 01:46   #3 (permalink)
ex ea driver

WOO HOO what a meet, it was great i droped in fairly late around 12.30 an there were a huge ammount of cars there all up and a huge ammount of ford were there as well, which is great to see. Many great passes by the ford guys and then some faster passes by some pro's.
Now the problem is all i can smell is rubber.
CATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 01:47   #4 (permalink)
ex ea driver

Forgot to say, in the end we did end up getting rained out at about 3.30 so all the guys packed up and were gone out of there by 4.30. But still a good day all up.
CATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 02:22   #5 (permalink)
EFXR62

What can i say, absolutely fun!

I had a few passes, and managed a pb of 16.3 before we had to go.. I was getting better with each run

1st: 16.9
2nd: 16.6
3rd: 16.4

I wanted to go a couple more runs, but ran out of time..

The officials did a great job to get the track ready, and they even let us (which was goo for me being a first timer) drive down and up the track slowly drying it out..

Great ride up, great turnout, and loads of fun.... recommended to anyone who didn't go this time, but wants to go next time!

Cheers,
Yagz
Old 06-01-2003, 03:08   #6 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

Awesome day! I believe that the fastest time recorded on the day was 9.17seconds by that R33 skyline. Damn that thing was quick, the whole back end slams the floor as it squats on takeoff

Second fastest were the rotors, with the fastest V8 running mid 10's. Bloody hell those cars are loud, especially when your only meters away from the burnout pad :D
Old 06-01-2003, 03:22   #7 (permalink)
EB2 Fairmont owner

That r33 was awesome! One damn quick car!
My runs were as follows:
1st: 16.83 @ 85.32mph, lost to an r31, killed him off the line tho
2nd: 16.89 @ 84.52mph, lost to yagz, u bastard :p
3rd: 16.78 @ 84.92mph, lost to an auxr6

Overall it was good fun, my first e-series meet, and i'll be back for more!
blueovaldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 03:50   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Damn that Cortina getting sideways was a sight!

I'll get my photos developed some day then get em scanned.

Had a bit of a nap on the way back I think, I'll borrow Wayne's DVD player next time.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 03:54   #9 (permalink)

Well after a 3 hour drive home stuck behind a convoy of Morons in SS utes towing Dirt Bikes taking up all 3 lanes going Dam slow i finally made it home!
It was a pretty good day with the Best turnout ive seen so far. There was bout 25 E-series cars there several of wich competed! When i turned up to the Ford plant i could hardly believe my eyes!
Well done to everyone who competed and especieally to STOKEB who recorded a new club record (i think) of 14.9 on his first run on a wet track!!
Heres some Photos! http://www.members.optushome.com.au/...ter/heathcote/

PHoeNiX_
PHoeNiX_EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 04:21   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Rmyers
Second fastest were the rotors, with the fastest V8 running mid 10's.
Actually I think that yellow VL turbo was the second fastest with a 9.69 or something like that. Bloody awesome!!!

I had a good time today, the weather was pretty dodgy from the moment I got up, but luckily the track dried up a bit so some guys were able to do some runs.

Although they weren't the quickest or the flashiest cars there, I enjoyed watching the white R34 GT-R and STI Impreza in action. It was funny when the guy on the mic told off the STI driver for behaving like a dick when they were trying to dry out the track.

For me, the best looking car was the blue XE? owned by Simons mate. The paint was to die for and the rims just set it off perfectly. Such a shame he wasn't able to do any runs.

Being the lazy kind of guy that I am, I didn't really take many pictures, so when I get a chance i will upload them for you all to see. Sundeep (my passenger) got some cool night driving shots of Karls EB Ghia on the way home. I'll email them to him and he can post them if he wants.

Overall it was a great day and I eagerly await the next one.

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia