Just a suggestion... off-street drags! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2001, 19:27   #1 (permalink)

Just a suggestion... off-street drags!

Anyone interested in a drag day/nite for the whole of the club? As in Sydney, W'gong and NC? I don't know if you've ever held something of the kind, but I think it would be interesting to see how our cars stack up against one another on a drag strip. Mine would probably be the slowest out there, but still.

Does the club management approve of something like this? I'd be willing to take up the initiative to find out more info and possibly organise something if I've got your blessing.
MrPlow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2001, 14:37   #2 (permalink)
EB ON NOS

COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-27-2001, 15:33   #3 (permalink)
Kypez XR6

Hey,

Kelli had posted a similar idea a few weeks ago... she was planning Wakefield park (topic dated 05-08-2001)...

As before, Count me in !!
Old 08-27-2001, 15:34   #4 (permalink)
Kypez XR6

Kelli being XR8Chic...
Old 08-27-2001, 16:48   #5 (permalink)

uhm, i remember kelli's post but i didn't know it would include drags as well.

kelli? what's the deal? drags in wakefield, or no drags?
Old 08-28-2001, 07:45   #6 (permalink)

Just another thought......I'm sure we have all got some crapadore mates, why dont we ask them to come along and compare the two? It would be nice to put some of those 5.7's in there place. What do you think?

Cheers
Joe
xr joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 17:38   #7 (permalink)

uh, geez mate...
if you're willing to put your money where your mouth is, go for it! i'm not racing no crapadore because anything that's not stock will beat me.

*still waiting on kelli"
Old 08-28-2001, 18:47   #8 (permalink)

I've only got a 2.4l hiace, pretty sure you've got a better chance than me. I just wonna see the XR's kick some arse.

On a serious note thou it would be good to see the difference as compared to the figures you read in the magazines.

Cheers
Joe
xr joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 18:58   #9 (permalink)
tickford_xr8

Count ME in!!!
One the note of the bombodores, at Eastern Creek two weeks ago there were new 5.7lt shit heaps doing 17's all night. So i can see how in wheels and all other mags, how that can back up there 14 second journeys up the straight. But it would be a good nite/day. For sure.
Matt
Old 08-29-2001, 06:20   #10 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

Hi,

I finally made it here....

The wakefield day is going to be more of a driver training day. I know we have gone really quiet on it lately, but thats cos we are trying to plan something special for the day.
I dont think we will be able to run drags at wakefield, cos if we do any timed events, we will need a lot more licences, and personel (and money).

There is always the Eastern creek off street drags, on the 1st and 3rd wednesday of the month.

:-)
Kelli S
XR8chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia