Ford Forums banner

The last offcial Vic cruise for the year and what a ripper!

5K views 42 replies 27 participants last post by  oneredED 
#1 · (Edited)
Id just like to take the oppurtunity to say thanks to everyone who atttended. Although not all of you were able to come down to Lorne we can say that there was not a spare space in the KFC carpark! I was especially impressed at the excellent driving displayed by everyone on the way down and on the way back. There was a bit of confusion about the regroup points but it was all sorted out eventually. There was certinally a mixed line up of cars. To name a few, the genuine EB GT, A few more V8's than usual, Smadz302 car and its awesome setup, the 2 BA's, Dougs car which it being revamped and everything in between. It really was great. I didnt get many pics. I hope you all enjoyed the BBQ we put on. Thanks to the people who helped us out with that from cooking to buttering bread etc - much appreciated. The weather couldn't have been better. It was warm but not too warm if you know what I mean. It was great to meet so many new people, hopefully they will come to more cruises in future.
So I encourage you to post your pics. The Gallery is avalible to host pics. Anyway a great day and cant wait till next time. It was a bit unfortunate that a few of the regulars had to pull out at the last minute, Alex, Steven, Jack, Yagz etc. I must add that it was such an awesome site to see 20 odd eseries cars coming arounf the coast. Hopefully someone got a few pics of that.

How do you guys feel about making it a yearly 'last cruise'. It was just an idea I had on the way home.

See less See more
#3 ·
Excellent driving? By that you mean there were no actual accidents, just near misses? :p

Depending on what speeding tickets come in the mail, I could probably do it again next year :p

#6 ·
yeah it was a pretty good cruise, lots of cars! got a ride in STOKEB's car...the bloody thing sounds like it's supercharged with the whine coming from that pod filter lol! The 4.11 gears get it off the line quite nicely ;) And thanks to Karl for putting on the BBQ...I was starved.

#7 ·
So damn upset I couldn't come, as a few of you know I'm still trying to look for the problem with the EF mpfi.

More upset that Me and Dave (aka Thanatos) spent 2-3 whole damn weeks getting my car ready only to have problems at the last minute. BTW many thanx to Dave for his help.

I will try my ABSOLUTE BEST to be at the next one, just gotta make sure not have the car in 1,000,000 pieces 2 days before the meet. But on the upside I'm sure to have a a heap of new mods by that time, and combined with the mods I was ready to show off this time, will mean the face of my car wil be totally changed to how people remember it...

#10 ·
I have a good time. Good to see the EB GT in the flesh that really mad my day! It was cool to be crusing across the freeway and just have Bass Crazy pop up on my right hand side followed by the rest of the crew. I was sorry I didn't get to socalise with all you guys and girls at Lorne but walking across the beach we say all my mates from school currently attending schoolies there. We just hung around with them and ended jumped of the 7 metre peer there and swimming back to shore.

Still had fun and man It felt so good going around those hairpins at 50 although I know some even naughtier people infront of us were doing them at more like 70 :|. Our car was soon left behind the group at that stage but we caught up as soon as the speed limit came in for Lorne.

I was really impressed by seeing them in the flesh rather than pictures on the internet and proved how good e-series can look!

Can't wait for some pictures.

#11 · (Edited)
Ya's didnt happen to notice that red ED taggin long behind STOK-EB and that group on the trip back to geelong did ya's? That lost lookin fellow was me... I mis-timed the 6 hour drive to Lorne (thort it'd take 4.5) and so i was really late. You wouldn't beleive how pissed at myself i pulling into the gravel carpark, only to have everyone fly past me going the other direction on their way home.

On a happier note, how sick do those boyd coddington smoothies look on FLYRYD?! And that white S-pack sounded mean as! Not to mention STOK-EB, which i actually thought may have had a powerdyne S/C, but it was a pod filter as someone has said above.

And sorry to STOK-EB, i sorta cut you off when you went to pass me around that bend (sort of an overtaking lane), i didn't see ya coming, you were in a blind spot and i shoulda headchecked.

It just makes me want to go to the next cruise and meet everyone and have a decent look at the cars! And next time it my car wont look like the family poverty pack it does now! new wheels are going on mid-january!
(PS i had no time to clean it for the cruise, as i've been workin 10 hr days all week so don't tell me it looked crap, coz i know!)

Jared

#12 · (Edited)
wow i had an absolute ball, karl thats a great idea to have it as a "last cruise of the year" cruise.

im so glad i decided to come up to melbourne first, and got a chance to fix that radiator cap, otherwise i would have had the same fate as last year!!!, bloody cars!

other than that verry small mishap, i was stoked to see such a nice turnout, (and to see a few more V8's and fairlanes than usual)

the bbq was great, karl are you sure you bought enough sausages?????haha

i couldnt bring the camera as mum needed it at the family christmas lunch they were at (screw that.. i hate most of my rellos anyway. haha)

im also glad i decided to chuck some sticky tyres on, some of those corners could have been very different with my usual tyres lol.

i also somewhat feel sorry for the bloke in the integra that for some reason got full of tyre smoke......hmmmm . in bart simpson voice........"i didnt do it"

man he was pissed off!

hmmm this thread is already 12 posts long, and no pics yet.......

i wanna see pics!!!!

Rmyers said:
the face of my car wil be totally changed to how people remember it...

the face of Dougs car was totally changed to how i remember it :p:p

#13 ·
so come on people where are the pics ???

#15 · (Edited)
haha barry that's the most ridiculous advertisement I've seen! Was fine up until the last line... I wonder what his car has that mine doesn't? :ihi:

Anyway, I'm just working on a few pics of the meets now, so will keep you posted.

I'm glad everyone had a great time and there were no incidents! Very positive to hear.

#17 ·
Well it was a great day, was fun to cruise in a line of e-series cars down the freeway, I only made it as far as Geelong this time, but next time will should be able to go the whole way, but none the less I had a good time, and look forward to the next cruise.

Jason

#18 ·
great event guys, sorry i nicked off at the last minute at maccas on the way home, got a phone call as i got in the car and had to take off.
the cruise up and back was great, though i had to take it easy through the windy stuff it was great to see a certain EA Ghia and ED Fairmont taking all the corners.... and most of the straights in sideways fasion.
i wish i was able to take the camera but it was unavailable for the weekend so thanks to Jack for the great pics :)
BBQ was deffinately needed, thanks karl for organising that, needed the food after getting up late and having to race to melbourne in record time to make the meeting points.
great to see SO MANY new faces, half the cars i looked at and said 'are they with us' and the UHF's made life so much easier for those times some of us managed to get a good 5 mins ahead of the pack :)
i look forward to this event next year :D

#19 ·
What a great turnout. I counted 26 cars at the KFC car park, but I think there were 2 or 3 more by the time we left. We could not have asked for a better day that’s for sure, but we need to find some bigger car parks for next year.

In case you guys were wondering what the hell I was doing when I drove past you all on the way to Geelong I was getting some snap shots of you driving :driver:

It was good to see quite a few new faces, and the increasing amount of effort put into these cars, well done to all. Also as mentioned above, it's good to see everyone keeping their cars under control for the cruise.. even tho some had to use their ABS more then others on the way back :wtf2:

I took the chance to blow the cobwebs off by sub box for the first time since the start of the year after re installing everything Saturday afternoon.. ahhh just like old times.

Oh, and I told you all STOKEB's car sounds like a FREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My tip of the day: Doug finish your car!

I had a ball, I'm sure it will now be an annual event! 1st Sunday in December.

Simon.

#20 ·
I rated it highly! :notwthy: :clap:

Great bunch of blokes (and blokettes), cars and fantastic weather!!

I think after the BBQ there'll be an Australia wide snag shortage :angel:

BIG thanks to the organisers!!

#21 ·
grrrr, I would of been there if I hadn't of flown in from the Gold Coast that morning.

Well, and if I had a car :p

Nice photos, sounds like it was a good one.

#22 ·
This was only the second cruise I have been on and the last one was a while ago so it was like a first.

I was really pleased with my car until I saw how well turned out some of the others were. Now I'm just jealous!!!! Hopefully this will turn into a yearly. Although next time can someone remind me not to bring my girlfriend along! Nice to be with but a pain in the ass on a cruise.

The highlight of the cruise was travelling down the princess to Geelong and having the other group meet up with us and the sight of all these falcons in a spread out line going down the GOR. Hats off to the organisers. It was a brilliant effort

#24 ·
Was a really good day. Im pressed with the turnout. Sorry I had to leave in such a hurry, I didnt realise what the time was, and I was running late to get back to melbourne for a work function.

Anyway, cant wait for the next one!!

#25 ·
EFFalcon said:
the cruise up and back was great, though i had to take it easy through the windy stuff it was great to see a certain EA Ghia and ED Fairmont taking all the corners.... and most of the straights in sideways fasion.
Hehe, they were pretty good. Enjoying also. You should try it John!

Sorry for making you pull over into the "Slow Vehicle" lane, purely non-intentional. :angel:

I enjoyed this meet! It was one of the best that I've been on. Thanks for the food, Karl. Tasted real good. Was a nice drive home also keeping up with that mini-bus!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.