Malalla Racetrack - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2002, 22:18   #1 (permalink)
Serving Defect #3

Malalla Racetrack

For those interested....

You can now run your car around Malalla every Sunday if you choose.

It is open to all cars, and the cost is 70$ for all the driving your car can handle between 10am and 5pm(dont quote me on those times, pretty sure on the 10am start anyway)

This would be a good fun day, I did it a couple of weeks back(and had a massive spin actually) and if you drive your car to within it's limits you will have no problems.

I drove my car up there, gave it a kaining, and drove home on the same breaks and tyres, so it can be done without massive expense.

This would be a great way for us all to get together and have some fun with our cars without worrying about the police,pedestrians and shithouse drivers in general getting in the way.

Any thoughts

Regards
fordfan351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2002, 22:26   #2 (permalink)

yes, yes, yes and yes.
Old 11-20-2002, 01:03   #3 (permalink)
Death to Camry's!

sounds like a good idea for an event to have... i like it
MightyEFGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 14:37   #4 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Fan

Sounds good 2 me. Maybe we could organise to go as a group in the new year some time?? official club outing for january?

'69 XW Fairmont GS (GT Replica), Reef Green 351c 2V (not for long ), Top Loader, 9" with 3.55's,
RedEF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 14:56   #5 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Fan

Also another option for us is drags at AIR. I found this posted on another forum (pulsar group Aust).
Quote:
AIR is sold! Bob Jane no longer owns it, so there will be much more drag racing in Adeialde now!

dont need to worry about PGA liability etc, everyone that races gets a ANDRA day license and AIR looks after the rest. costs about $35 to race, u need a helmet, long pants and long sleeve top and closed shoes. thats about it.. (and a car that will pass scrutineering)
Not sure how accurate this is as i head that Bob Jane refused to sell AIR a while back to a group in Adelaide known as Drag Racers SA (or something similar). But anyways if its only $35 per car, thats much better than the $50-60 it used to be. So maybe we could do mallala next month and the drags later that month or in Feb??

'69 XW Fairmont GS (GT Replica), Reef Green 351c 2V (not for long ), Top Loader, 9" with 3.55's,
RedEF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 20:53   #6 (permalink)
Serving Defect #3

Don't know if my trans will handle too many laps, but hell yeah, I'll still give it a thrashing.

January would be good, so its dry, but keep in mind if it's really, really hot we will boil our engines, power steering etc in minutes.

Last time I went I did 17 laps in 4 hours, and the temp gauge was higher than its ever been b4, not too mention the tyres being so spongey I could barely put the power down through the sweeper at the end of pit straight, this was a corner I was tapping the brakes and then mashing the peddle for on my first run.

For me, there is no greater fun you can have with your car, than going to a race track, even if we don't go as a club, I will let you all know next time im going up wif me mates, and any of you are welcome to join.
Old 11-20-2002, 20:58   #7 (permalink)
Serving Defect #3

Oh yeah it was a 20 degree day last time I went, and my car still nearly over heated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia