Ford Forums banner

Melb Late Notice 18 April Melb CCR Good Friday Cruise

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  xacoupe 
#1 ·
sorry for the lateness but the Melbourne Car Cruise Reigistry ( I think that's what it stands for !) is having a Good Friday Cruise for charity.

The LS1 boys are going .. as are about 500 other cars. We should have a FF.com presence there too!

A word on the MCCR ... they used to be a lot of P platers driving like dickheads ( that's why I don;t go ) but now they have a fully marked police car there (probably more thanone tonight ) as a PR thing and also to ensure no one gets silly.

Post here or PM me if you want to come... I believe their url is www.melbccr.com . I found out on the LS1 site.

Jeff
XA Coupe

#4 ·
Did the cruise marshall at The Good Guys on Whitehorse Rd in Blackburn? I drove past there and there were 4 cop cars there plus HEAPS of commodores just starting to cruise.

They turned right down Middleborough Rd heading towards the freeway.

#5 ·
bunnings it was ..

I heard the cops turned up not knowing what was going on and were a bit worried .. but the organiser had permits for just about everything under the sun so eventually they got into it and helped with traffic control.

It's the first time I have seen two right hand turn lanes from Whitehorse to Middleborough, I swear there is only one arrow.. but you get that I spose

#6 ·
yep there r a couple of us guys with old fords that go to these things so the more the merrier. We never had problems with the cops b4 mainly cos we dont have plater and neons and blow off valves.

Do u guys on here have cruises that the guys with the fords can cruise on instead of going with rice cars all the time???

#8 ·
xa-coupe said:
bunnings it was ..

I heard the cops turned up not knowing what was going on and were a bit worried .. but the organiser had permits for just about everything under the sun so eventually they got into it and helped with traffic control.

It's the first time I have seen two right hand turn lanes from Whitehorse to Middleborough, I swear there is only one arrow.. but you get that I spose
Yeah I drive past the other day and realised it is bunnings, a lot of cars were also pulling u turns just the other side of the middleborough/whitehorse lights

#9 ·
We sometimes organize old school cruises as long as it has a carby and dizzy the cars in we always have fun. Cars r driven sensibly but at the end of the nite if people want to have some fun they do it after the cruise not during.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.