Melb Late Notice 18 April Melb CCR Good Friday Cruise - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2003, 20:14   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Melb Late Notice 18 April Melb CCR Good Friday Cruise

sorry for the lateness but the Melbourne Car Cruise Reigistry ( I think that's what it stands for !) is having a Good Friday Cruise for charity.

The LS1 boys are going .. as are about 500 other cars. We should have a FF.com presence there too!

A word on the MCCR ... they used to be a lot of P platers driving like dickheads ( that's why I don;t go ) but now they have a fully marked police car there (probably more thanone tonight ) as a PR thing and also to ensure no one gets silly.

Post here or PM me if you want to come... I believe their url is www.melbccr.com . I found out on the LS1 site.

Jeff
XA Coupe
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2003, 00:07   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

come on ... it's for a good cause and also to actually show that FF does cruise !
Old 04-19-2003, 05:36   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

1099 cars attended .. well more as they had to turn some away
99% of them were rice or mommy's car but there were some nice cars tucked away in there....
Old 04-20-2003, 05:52   #4 (permalink)
Oxford Green AU

Did the cruise marshall at The Good Guys on Whitehorse Rd in Blackburn? I drove past there and there were 4 cop cars there plus HEAPS of commodores just starting to cruise.

They turned right down Middleborough Rd heading towards the freeway.
Old 04-20-2003, 06:14   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

bunnings it was ..

I heard the cops turned up not knowing what was going on and were a bit worried .. but the organiser had permits for just about everything under the sun so eventually they got into it and helped with traffic control.

It's the first time I have seen two right hand turn lanes from Whitehorse to Middleborough, I swear there is only one arrow.. but you get that I spose
Old 04-26-2003, 22:49   #6 (permalink)
Catching Bugs

yep there r a couple of us guys with old fords that go to these things so the more the merrier. We never had problems with the cops b4 mainly cos we dont have plater and neons and blow off valves.

Do u guys on here have cruises that the guys with the fords can cruise on instead of going with rice cars all the time???
Old 04-27-2003, 03:23   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

occasinally we get a few together but it's mainly the E series guys. If you feel like a cruise, post it up.. if I can get away I am up for it!!
Old 04-27-2003, 05:33   #8 (permalink)
Oxford Green AU

Quote:
Originally posted by xa-coupe
bunnings it was ..

I heard the cops turned up not knowing what was going on and were a bit worried .. but the organiser had permits for just about everything under the sun so eventually they got into it and helped with traffic control.

It's the first time I have seen two right hand turn lanes from Whitehorse to Middleborough, I swear there is only one arrow.. but you get that I spose
Yeah I drive past the other day and realised it is bunnings, a lot of cars were also pulling u turns just the other side of the middleborough/whitehorse lights
Old 04-28-2003, 00:46   #9 (permalink)
Catching Bugs

We sometimes organize old school cruises as long as it has a carby and dizzy the cars in we always have fun. Cars r driven sensibly but at the end of the nite if people want to have some fun they do it after the cruise not during.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:46   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xbwgn
We sometimes organize old school cruises as long as it has a carby and dizzy the cars in we always have fun. Cars r driven sensibly but at the end of the nite if people want to have some fun they do it after the cruise not during.
sounds good... post here when the next one is due
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia