Ford Forums banner

MELBOURNE CRUISE SATURDAY 1/6/2002

3K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Troutman 
G
#1 ·
A cruise to Torquay, posibly down the great ocean road a little. Times are below, more will be available tomorow. I will be doing this cruise tomorow, to find out conditions, times etc. for the westerners to meet up, arrival in Torquay etc. etc. This will be a WHOLE DAY meet.

Saturday:
9:00 AM East Siders meet at Bundoora Park.
9:30 AM Depart Bundoora park turning right onto Plenty Road.
Left onto the Northern Ring road
**Northern ring road becomes Western ring road**
Exit Western Ring road at Keilor Park Dr.
Turn Left onto Keilor Park Drive.
Turn Left into Brimbank Road

Head to the Park Office, to meet west siders.

Depart Brimbank Park, turning right onto Keilor park drive.
Turn right back onto the Western Ring Road.
Follow Western Ring Road until it joins the Princess Hwy. Go LEFT onto the Hwy.
Follow Princess Hwy all the way to Geelong
It will become Melbourne Road.
Then Latrobe Terrace
Then Settlement Road
Turn Left onto The Surf Coast Hwy.
Continue into Torquay
Through the round-about
Just past the golfcourse on the left
Turn left into Hoylake Avenue
follow until the round-about turn left into carnavon Avenue
Follow to the end, plenty of parking on the left.

G
#2 ·
Hmm, this ones a big one... And because of financial reasons I won't be able to go. It's a little too soon as well, my boot display is under construction as well and I have promised I wouldn't go to any meets/cruises until it was finished. But have a great time guys, you'll all love it.

Oh and as for the great ocean road, its BLOODY LONG, and takes a little while before you actually see anything good, the first 50kms or so, probably less I can't remember is still inland, so you have to drive a fair way before you get to the coast. The inland part is boring, nothing to see. I can put up some photos of it if you like...

Alex

#3 ·
Sounds good Acid maybe push the date back further to the next week , getting my car lowered and new tyres. So want better handling for the twisty bits. I agree on one thing with the goodz that the scenary is boring but screw the scenery just drag each other(to the speed limit) and have fun with driving there. Its a nice long drive but the only bad bit is the geelong road, for the last 10 years i have been going down that road it is always under F__KING construction, and there are speed cameras everywhere. Why dont the just ever finish it plus the road is really dangerous. But any wayz good plan.

Not picking holes just my two cents worth.

#4 ·
Looks like going to miss my first cruise for a few reasons, 1. work 2. car , but would have been a great drive. I think within the next few weeks if some ppl want to meet up for a fri night cruise that would be all good, nothing offiical. Acid can u look into that one as well?

#7 ·
Sounds good.

Looks like i'll have to fork out some fuel money this time lol.

Sundeep
www.ef-falcon.tk
EF/L Club - Become a member!
FFs Discussion Board Coming soon!

#14 ·
Acid, you may be aware that I wish to arrange an eafalcon.com/FF meet in Vic if you don't mind. Just as a chance to get to know our new neighbours ;)

#16 ·
No probs Acid!

Hey i thought a cruise was trying to be arranged for the last few weeks. (according to the next melb meet posts..) and jack, i also thought that u had a role in arranging this 1 together with Acid..? :bsr: so was it only Acid that came up with this plan? hmm but anyway doesnt matter, theres always a next! :hy:

#17 ·
Acid is the primary authority on Vic meets. But the next one I will probably arrange with him, because it's a little different to normal if it will include FF folks.

#21 ·
As this could be potentially a huge cruise, why dont we make it for later in the year, say for the middle of september? That way, we give people more of a chance to get organised and to minimise cancellations - Therefore, building up the number of people on the cruise - Just a thought.

Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.