Melbourne Trip Discussion.. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2001, 19:15   #1 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Melbourne Trip Discussion..

Well guys,

Looking at the date it's 18th of September, still a few weeks to go but the trip isn't far at all. Just thought i'd start this thread to discuss anything relating to the trip.

So just wondering who's driving down or flying down and where is everyone staying at??

I think with the Melbourne nights everyone has booked different hotels, however with Geelong seems the majority are going to be at trhe Sheraton.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2001, 20:08   #2 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Ford Trip

It is quite possible that I will be heading down to Melbourne prior to Tuesday when the other Sydney/Canberra guys do - more details later. Also, I'll be hanging around in Melbourne a day or two extra post-Bathurst to visit relatives/mates (I've lived in Melbourne in '94) which means I won't be heading back to Sydney with you lot either. I'll be abusing the offers of friends for accomodation in Melbourne but will most likely shack up in a hotel/motel in Geelong.

While we're on the subject on the trip, I've got a T-shirt update. I do have emails from everyone, so all advanced orders have been registered. I spoke with my mate last night, discussing sizes in more detail etc, when he mentioned they might be a problem with the difference in size of a S vs an XXXL. While I don't think they would eb a drama with the front chest print, the back print would look very small on an XXXL, if it's made to fit on a S shirt. There are two options here.

1) Make two more screens for the back, so one set of two (blue + white) will suit S-L shirts, whilst the second set will suit XL-XXXL. This option will cost an extra $50 (2 more screens x $25), or a few dollars per shirt. It could be that the $20 per shirt will cover this extra, it really depends on how many we sell. Current advance orders will not cover costs at this stage. If we do sell all the shirts (after freebies to Felicity, Geoff and David - I think we should also send one to John for all his efforts, even if he isn't gonig to be there?) we will most definitely cover costs, with extra to donate to fordforums.com.

2) Make the back print all white (or all blue?) and have one screen for the S-L shirts, and one for XL-XXXL. This would mean no changes to costs as they currently are, but won't look as good (being one colour).

I'm waiting to hear back from him again today.

For those wondering what is happening now that the Herrod tour is off - the BBQ has stayed on the shirt back, so we should probably do a BBQ after the go-karts, then after we're suitably fed, hit the pub and mull over our go-kart performance, and the practise/qualifying from Bathurst that day.

That's all I can think of for now, more later.
Old 09-17-2001, 21:51   #3 (permalink)

I'll be driving down on the Tuesday 2/10 with Gary. I was originally going to fly down with Ansett, but that obviously won't be happening :-(

I assume a convey will be driving down from Sydney on Tuesday morning. Has any plans been made for that?
Aussie Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 22:00   #4 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Falcon
I assume a convey will be driving down from Sydney on Tuesday morning. Has any plans been made for that?
Well, it's going to be around 10 hours including some stops for the softies.

So, I will meet everyone at the first stop at Yass after picking up Martin in Canberra. If we say meet at Yass around 10am you guys have to head out from Liverpool area around 7am (say meet at a fuel station there somewhere like Uncle Leo's at the Crossroads) to make it with ease. Alternatively meet at Pheasant's Nest which is just down the road half an hour (the Mobil near Picton area).

From there it's cruise on down to Geelong which is Melbourne plus one hour (traffic in the afternoon).

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 22:51   #5 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Well a convoy is definitly the go, we want to make a presence on the road with our Falcons. Guess the Mobil at Pheasant's Nest sounds like the go for all the Sydney/Surrounding guys.

el2xr8,
I think we have to work out if Rob "Taxi Guy" is going with you or not. Then we can workout how Aussie Falcon and myself are going to do in regards for transport.

I am seriously looking forward to this, it's going to be mad fun. For the next two weeks prior to the trip i'll be alcohol fasting as i know the nights of trip is going to hava alot of Ford Forum crazzies. Remember Doc will be there to drink all the JD's. :eek:
:CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ:

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 00:00   #6 (permalink)
How bloody Hot is it ??!!

We're actually going down on the weekend before, stopping at a mates palce for the Grand Finals and then doing the Family thing on the Monday/Tuesday..

Heading back on the Monday though..

Fal con (flk on, fl-, fkon) n.
characterized by their long wings and their method of hunting, which is to rise above and swoop down on their prey.
Chaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 00:05   #7 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Quote:
Originally posted by Chaps
We're actually going down on the weekend before, stopping at a mates palce for the Grand Finals
Oooh, I forgot about the GF! Since I'm confident the Sharks will beat the Knights, I'll have the make sure I'm in Melbourne in time for it! (Do they show it live down there???)
Old 09-18-2001, 00:10   #8 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

I'll be driving down, and I am willing to take 2 passengers. I will have to sort out if Rob "The Taxi Guy" is coming with me, and if so, then I still have a spare spot. Otherwise, I'll have 2 spare spots! :eek: :D
Old 09-18-2001, 00:29   #9 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Okay:

Let's suggest this schedule

7am meet at Pheasant's Nest Mobil
7:30am depart Pheasant's Nest
9:30-45 arrive Ampol Service Centre Yass (on far end of Yass bypass)
10:00-15 depart Yass for big sector into Melbourne then Geelong.
18:00-19:00 arrive Sheraton Hotel Geelong
19:15 hit the piss and pizza HARD

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 00:45   #10 (permalink)

Here is the Driving Directions From Sydney to Pheasants Nest:

http://www.nowwhereroute.com/scripts...nts%20Nest_NSW
Aussie Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia