Muscle cars race cops - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2003, 22:28   #1 (permalink)

eek Muscle cars race cops

I just heard that at the Muscle Car Shootout on the 25th at QLD raceway, a cop pursuit special and QLD's top cop instructor will be entering. Giving people a 10 second lead and if you can cross the finish line ahead of him after 5 laps you 'got away'. Cool concept huh? I'm keen!!
Nedwob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2003, 22:36   #2 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

I guarantee they're counting on the obvious - the average guys will have no brakes after three laps around there!

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 23:29   #3 (permalink)

I don't think it will be the 'average' guys our snouted friends will bother with. We have one bloke with a TT 67 Mustang fastback, might give the rozzers something to contemplate.
Old 05-12-2003, 05:53   #4 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

Hey Nedwob,

Is the TT 67 Mustang fastback the one that was mentioned in Street Machine a couple of issues ago? There was a paragraph writeup on one that was being built.... Any pic's of it??
Old 05-12-2003, 16:01   #5 (permalink)

Sorry EBXR,
I have no pics to post, but if you go to www.musclecarshootout.com and check out the photos near a trophy image you will see a dark blue 67 fastback. Thats the car. I believe Street Machine did get a whiff of it and put in a little ditty about it. When it was N/A it had 800hp and he is not a bad peddler either. Either way it is going to be a great day!!
Old 05-25-2003, 14:28   #6 (permalink)
347 cubic power!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedwob
....either way it is going to be a great day!!
I attended this event yesterday and I would have to say it was one of the best motorsport / car events I have ever seen. The sights and sounds of all those older cars being driven in anger was sensational. The best $10 I ever spent!

Whilst I loved the Mustangs and GTs, the sight of that 460 powered ZG Fairlane powersliding onto the main straight will be etched on my brain for some time to come. Well done to all those who organised or participated in this outstanding show.

Matt.
slipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 04:00   #7 (permalink)

howd the cops go?
OverDose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 15:32   #8 (permalink)
347 cubic power!

The cop driver did very well.

In the two "chases" that I saw, he caught almost all the cars ahead of him within 5-6 laps, even though some had huge head starts (much more than 30 seconds). The driver was obviously very skilled and he was driving what seemed to be a very quick HSV that had huge speed on the straights and very good brakes / handling.

It was great to watch all these hard driven Falcs, Stangs, Toranas, Monaros etc. going as fast as they could to "get away". The cop had the flashing headlights and siren going etc. It was simply superb entertainment.

Matt.
slipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 19:55   #9 (permalink)

Glad to hear you liked the event Slipper. I would have to say it is only second to Goodwood for a Motorsport/Car Show I have attended.
The cop event was great, he caught me, but only after I shredded my front tyre! Admittedly I was NOT pulling away from him though. How did you like the quality of cars? That, combined with the QLD weather, blew my mind. I LOVED IT!!!!
Could you imagine an interstate Shootout; QLD Vs NSW Vs Vic etc...
The mind boggles.
Old 05-26-2003, 20:04   #10 (permalink)
DON'T LET FEAR STOP YA!!

Hey guy's the "COP" car that you are talking about, was'nt a HSV and it certinaly was'nt a COP car and the driver was'nt a cop. His Name LYTNING and he's on LS1.com, his car is a worked VX SS with all the trimming's, big zorst, computer edit and all the other gear that can be done to a Commodore. I know cause I know the guy and I was there when they dressed it up like a cop car and when they took it all off. You are very right in saying that Paul is a great driver as I had a chance to jump in with him after the day's event's had concluded.

Cheer's

Nathan.
COBRA207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia