Ford Forums banner

New Cruise In Melbourne, Idea's are Welcome

5K views 67 replies 18 participants last post by  kooky 
#1 ·
Hi guys after our crusie from Geelong To Apollo Bay we are deciding on another one in around 1 months time.

Its definatly going to be a Saturday, and it might be From Melbourne to Portsea area. Thats one suggestion we have.

It will most definatly be a accomadation thing but im sure if you dont want to stay the night your still welcome to come along.

Me, Kooky, HOTDBZ, and Maximus are into organising this event and making it a great day and night.

Any ideas are welcome we are now just waiting for feedback.

Steve B

#2 ·
well after some coersion by AU1SIXA or the captian of the HMAS AU1 classic;
ill second the notion for a Melbourne- Portsea cruze. If we meet in melboune and go from there. One month from now will take us into June. Weather will be an issue so if we were to meet say at large shopping centre carpark (UNDERCOVER!) so if the inevitable happens we are basically dry. I say Melbourne as we may change destination point so we will have to see what the general opinion is. If we get some responses we will set up a poll and let everyone have their say so ill throw it open to you all, give us some ideas, where would you like to cruze to???? and see if we can get something moving.

#3 ·
i'm up for it but i gotta keep the shop open till 9pm on saturday

#8 ·
Guys i had an idea thought i run it passed you. I was thinking of maybe getting together as many of the victorian F.F members & cars together and organise a photo session at a particular spot
maybe on the way or at destination. Get a professional photographer to take a mass shot of all cars then if people want individual photos of their cars done then take a number and have them done. An early thought but worth considering. Let us know and post your reply/thoughts?

P.S when i said F.F members i also ment e series guys as well everyone welcome!

#9 ·
FRIGGIN AWESOME idea dude! I second that....but if budget does not allow, we can always get someone with a digital camera and steady hands to do the honours...imagine.....a photograph of over 20 Fords...taken the same way as those in CAR magazine....yummmm

#11 ·
yeah heathcote event will be a problem at this stage it looks as if we may have to re-schedule the cruze but still wanted to keep the thread open for some feedback the date is something that was thrown in subject to your responses. Steve B let me know what you think mate BTW you going to heathcote?

#12 ·
im all up for a cruise from melbourne to portsea, i am on the mornington penninsula so i can drive up, meet you guys then come back down to portsea then back home:)

maybe we could take like the beach road way to moorabin or something then come down to frankston way, head up mornington, maybe stop at the peir then cruise on down to portsea...

just an idea..what ever goes ill try to be there..
john

#14 ·
Look guys its definatly going to be around 2 to three weeks after heathcote ok. So everyone can make it.

Hopefully anyways lets get the ball rolling Daz get some accomodation prices up ok mate

TAKE NOTE ITS DEFINATLY GOING TO BE AFTER THE HEATHCOTE CRUISE 2 To 3 WEEKS AFTER

Steve B

#15 ·
Cool steve, been very busy of late will get into it this weekend and sus it out. 3 weeks after heathcote sounds about right just to give people time to recover from heathcote. The other point to make maybe for a cruise later in the year down that way is the dromana drive in...... yet again another thought.

#16 ·
Troyrage said:
im in for that i have a goos digatal camera and a stedy hard if you need it. i would be more than happy to bring it but wont this cruse colide with heathcoat event
hehe, u sure u have a steady hand dude?? couldnt stop laughing after reading ur post

::im in for that i have a goos digatal camera and a stedy hard if you need it.::

have to see if theres any females coming.. and then if they require a steady hard.. u never know, u might be in luck

steve

#17 ·
btw steve b , YAYYY gearbox is fixed lol.. was suprising the amount of hp loss we had..
should have the new cam in by this cruise, and yeah, you can probably count us in.. its a bit too soon to say we are 100% sure. however we are looking forward to another one.

steve d

#18 ·
Doh

Can't make it! One word: Exams

*Crunch time*

Have fun all that go

-Dave-

#20 ·
I have not done them im a slack **** hahah nar ive been bloody busy at work. The vids i cant post onlinbe they all ahve our number plates i guess vcd is the only way to go about it.

Steve B

#21 ·
thats fair enought steve.. yeah ive been flat chat lately too.
with the number plate thing.. maybe you could upload them to a site, then just email the ppl that were on the cruise, the links?

just an idea

steve d

#22 ·
I couldn't make it to the last cruise unfortunately, but hope to make it for this one. I havn't been on a crtuise before, what actually happens, does a few people all go in one car or is the point of it to get as many fords as possible? I don't really care i can bring my own car or go with someone else who's heading up from my way (Geelong).

#23 ·
Cobra the more the merry i say so bring your car along! more cars in the photo the better. I will be going on a recon mission this weekend to check out some accomodation so it should all be good, looking for the best price and if we get some decent numbers we may even be able to get a better deal. BTW wives, girlfreinds are all welcome (single girls will be extreeeeeeemley welcome he he ;-) )

#24 ·
Kooks, you coming to heathcote???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.