• Kings Park

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Panel-Beating day

Votes: 3 18.8%

New WA Rep = MORE MEETS!!!

3K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  xf351gt 
#1 ·
Gday,
Ive been recently appointed as the new Western Australia Representative for the club. As I take on this new role, I will be organising more meets for you guys to enjoy, keeping you guys in contact with the latest news, etc and allsorts
But predomanitely just organising cruises, meets or the sort and ensuring they go to plan, etc.
Firstly thing i plan to do is enlighten of you of myself, and the role im playing (above).
Secondly, i plan to organise the first meet for you guys under me as Rep. I have a fair few ideas on what we can do, such as a camp, drive to mandurah or somewhere similar, or even done the coast. Naturally ive got to factor in costs for you guys, as the more members we can get to come, the better!
I plan to put a poll up, with 4 options, and any ideas that come to me, or are suggested to myself, will be added to the poll.
Well what i am after from you guys, is 100% commitment to attend the meets I organise, and to help suggest new meets.

I plan to get the WA side of things, rolling, itll take time, but itll be rock solid in the end. I cant wait!
Thanks

Matthew

P.S Also as im the new Rep, and ill be attending most if not all of the meets, ill need a CB. If anyone can do me a good deal for one, ill be much appreciated!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Gday mate,
I'd be up for most things
Should be good

howzabout a cruise down the coast to king park, or vice versa.
Meet at north car park at hillarys marina or scarb or park (just saying this coz i live in northern suburbs:) )

Good luck wit ur position

-jase

p.s. please note i've changed me e-mail (i'll send it to ya email)

#4 ·
Great idea pup, need more ideas like that

#5 ·
hey Mattmay i suggest we could mix 2 things into one?
a cruise down to mandurah and camp there or something similar?
Also not being selfish but i'm sure I wont be the only P-Plater...we cannot drive in the kings park area.
I'm thinking Easter would be a good time?, since people will be off work etc.
I should be up for the weekend, and would really enjoy a blast.
Ohh and we could also have a mixed meet with the other FF guys so we get a good showing?
Cheers
Mason.

#6 ·
Yep for sure Loverboy,
from my undnerstanding, KingsPark is closed for L-Platers, not P-Platers, as im on my P's and have driven there numerous times.
Well im open for suggestions.
Keep em coming.

#8 ·
AusCaRnAgEr, congrats on the election mate!
I'll be up for most things you organise (except the expensive ones :smlwink:)
Somewhere central to meet - how about a shopping centre carpark? Oh yeah and if ya wanna camp, don't forget national parks etc....theres one near me... These unsealed roads will not hurt your car as long as you're slow, dust will be pretty low this time of year as well.
Any suggestions from me will invariably involve alcohol.
mmmmm.......beer........ :hungry:

Actually, back to reality for a second, how about a few Q+A days such as that panel-beating idea? There must be things to do like that....maybe we could organise something with performance work, or rebuilding brake calipers, changing heads, stuff like that. If somebody has a job that needs doing and a few people want to know about it - do it in front of them!

G
#9 ·
New Reps & More meets in WA

Excellent! Was thinking there was not much going on in WA. Am looking forward to my first meet. Have voted for drive coast drive but the Panel Beating day sounds like an excellent idea to me as well.... being a gal who has just bought an old EA (and knows zilch about panel beating....) it would be great to learn some skills that will make her look like a new gal again...... :) Look forward to meeting you all soon!
Debby

#10 ·
ok some nice suggestions
im taking these into account.
currently, just organising peoples memberships, etc
so i can notify more people
which reminds me, if you know of any people, who own an eseries, give me their email, and ill send them a form so they can become a member.

#11 ·
Dunno about you guys, but i dont know anyone here in person.
I'll poke in one for K park........More of a meet and greet, show n shine style thing

Wish you suggested that last augest Pup, when my car tried to mate with a bus:eek:o1:, Good idea but. :hy:

#14 ·
Count me in for the meets/cruise to where ever. I just love driving my new car (ED Fairmont Ghia V8).

#18 ·
LoverBoy said:
hmm we need some decisions guys.
maybe we could put a link in "on the road" so we get more people?
Cheers
Mason.
The option of posting in the On The Road section exists, though this would change the nature of the meet from an EA-EL event to something welcoming all Fords. Here in Vic, we usually have EA-EL events but are happy for other models to show up - and occasionally we have events to which we specifically invite all Fords. The decision is up to the Rep of the day.

#19 ·
Although the poll says that a Cruise Down the Coast, is the most popular, from the suggestions above, its suggests that a Panel Beating day, might be the way to go.
So pup, expect an email from me soon.

#22 ·
VOTE PEOPLE

#24 ·
Because of the prior organised cruise on the 24th, the E-series meet will be postponed to early may.

#25 ·
LoverBoy said:
hmm we need some decisions guys.
maybe we could put a link in "on the road" so we get more people?
Cheers
Mason.

all done theres a link there now

and thinking about it the last time we met at kings park the security had a talk to us not to tell us off but thay asked if thay could be told about it before hand thay have lots of car clubs meeting there an have no problems with it .

and if thay say no we will park there anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.