Ford Forums banner

*Next Drag Race Meet*

6K views 72 replies 18 participants last post by  The Goodz 
#1 ·
Hey guys and Gals.

I have had a discussion with a few people as to when the next drag meet is going to be held. The original plan was to have a large official meet toward the end of the year.

However, I was thinking that a few people might be wanting to take advantage of the cold mornings/days before summer hits.

Since MADNC8 and RMYEARS are the current Vic meet reps I'll leave the decision up to them, however I just wanted to find out if anyone was interested in having a small meet.

I'm suggesting Sunday October 5th.

Any input would be great.

Simon

#52 ·
Re: Re: *Next Drag Race Meet*

Bass Crazy said:
Would you guys be up for a Calder Park drag meet????

Calder is now running Friday night street meets every week, so the turnouts are getting much smaller... that means more runs then usual... probably similar to Heathcote.

Let me know what you guys think, I'm in for both!!

Simon
no problems by me :p

#54 ·
i'll wait until i hear what its like on friday nights, i'm thinking its still gunna be fairly busy

#55 ·
Two mates of mine went down last friday. They said that by about 9:30 (starts at about 6) cars had got in about 5 runs.
By October I'm guessing we should be able to get in about 6-10 runs depending.

I'm just going off what I am told.

If I get time I'll pop down this Friday and check it out.

Once again, I'll be in for both, so its up to you guys.

Simon

#57 ·
I should have my car feeling better by then.

New head gasket, head machined, new thermostat and radiator flushed and cleaned. Maybe a couple more things also. Same meet up point at Broadie?

#58 ·
Calder sounds alright, except I can't say I'd be confident going there in a car that would be lucky to pull a mid 16 with me driving. On the other hand, the closeness is quite handy. ;)

#61 ·

Jack_Travis said:
Calder sounds alright, except I can't say I'd be confident going there in a car that would be lucky to pull a mid 16 with me driving. On the other hand, the closeness is quite handy. ;)
JT.. I'm not too keen on racing infront of a big crowd, which is why I like Heathcote, however, because calder is on every week the crowd has been on a steady decline.
Oh, and come on mate, your car should do a 15.

Should be going down this friday, I'll let ya know how it is.

Simon

#62 ·
I'll tell you what, I think it's about time we gave Calder a try. I'd only go as a spectator myself ('til the next Heathcote day) but I think it would be interesting. Let us know any dates and I'll be there.

qwikcorty: it's 100% stock, right down to the air intake. Even worse than stock if you count the fact that I don't have an LSD any more. Combine that with my mediocre driving skills and I won't be making any world records. :p

#64 ·
Pro's closer especially comin from country vic, cheaper overall as id use far less fuel. Night time means quicker runs.

Cons: May be crowded

Its seems a catch 22 situation, my absolute favourite drag meet was the one where tim came, not because he came but because it was just awesome not being crowded, least favourite would have been the last one where it was packed. It was just painfull waitng for 15 mins for a run :(

If calder turns out to be semi packed I wont be running ill be watchin.

#65 ·

NZ said:
my absolute favourite drag meet was the one where tim came, not because he came but because it was just awesome not being crowded
Yeah it would have been perfect if Tim hadn't come and ruined it. But seriously, I vote Calder just for a change, and we can have another Heathcote day later in the year as we originally planned.

#71 ·
Sounds cool I will come to either and watch, not drag if I dont have any stuff on that I can't change :) See some of the beasts of the club do a full quater time!

#73 ·
Jack, get off your ass and practice! Your car is the start of this whole club, and we wanna see it getting out there amongst it!

I still haven't been to one of these things, dunno if I'll run or not, even with my little mods... The track will probably close by the time the ol' crate rolls its arse over the line...

Alex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.