Next Event Poll - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Next Racing event.....
Heads up 24 48.00%
Bracket Racing 26 52.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2004, 01:04   #1 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Next Event Poll

Which would you rather have?

Bracket or heads up racing?
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2004, 01:09   #2 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Re: Next Event Poll

I ask this only to get a feel of what is liked or not.

Heads UP would be broken into multiple classes. Meaning if you are in Class A you will not compete against anyone in Class B C or D etc. This means that those in the other classes will have to wait until their class is up to race.

Bracket Racing would be everyone against everyone. This is not the cars racing each other, but based on the drivers ability. 11 second cars can run against 20 second cars with the 20 second car driver having a chance to win.

While both have their advantages and disadvantages I feel that Bracket racing would be a better choice.

Of course if a bracket racing event is planned we would have a shoot out event with top time runners for the fastest car trophy. Just let me know. I am looking for opinion.
Old 10-01-2004, 15:23   #3 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Ohh i know there are more people than this that are interested in events. Speak up guys.
Old 10-01-2004, 15:46   #4 (permalink)
SBR Supporter

I've never liked bracket racing. It makes owning a fast car seem kind of pointless, like a wasted effort. In bracket racing, I can take my stock 1995 Ford Econovan Maxi auto, complete with burned valve, and constantly run a 30, each time, over and over, and win against people who've spent the time and effort to modify their car to run a 9 or whatever. Doesn't seem right to me. I voted heads up.
Old 10-01-2004, 16:39   #5 (permalink)
Club Phantom

Steffo is right about the bracket racing but heads up can be equally if not more disheartning. Heads up quickly becomes a contest as to who has the most money and he with the most always wins. Secondly, big cars like my XC Coupe with it's 600 hp clevo don't stand a chance against the million or so 350 LJ Toranas getting around with only 500hp. The coupe may look better, sound better, be more impressive but power to weight is everything.

It's a tough one but i'd say bracket racing only if you are racing other tough cars, not shitbox holden barinas.
COUPEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 16:39   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
I've never liked bracket racing. It makes owning a fast car seem kind of pointless, like a wasted effort. In bracket racing, I can take my stock 1995 Ford Econovan Maxi auto, complete with burned valve, and constantly run a 30, each time, over and over, and win against people who've spent the time and effort to modify their car to run a 9 or whatever. Doesn't seem right to me. I voted heads up.
Yeah, what Steffo said, seeing a good fast car loose to a shit box, hurts.

Old 10-01-2004, 16:40   #7 (permalink)
E-Series Acting VP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Its for this exact reason that I voted for bracket racing. It gives everyone a chance to win, even if you can't afford to build a 9sec car. With heads up, it's almost like it's been half decided before it even starts.

Cheers,
Dave

Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 16:48   #8 (permalink)
The Deputy Dogg.

I am with Steffo on this, heads up.
falcon coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 17:04   #9 (permalink)
BOFH

Got to be heads up I think. The feel of 2 cars side by side is great, even if you lose. Also gives a nice feeling to win on a holeshot.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 17:49   #10 (permalink)
Whats traction?

Both have their merits. Racing heads up all night can get a bit boring but its always painful to loose to a POS running right on their dialed in time because there's nothing that could possibly go wrong with their low powered auto.

I feel though that bracket racing rewards the driver, not the car. So i'm going for bracket racing by a small margin.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia