Perth Meet - Quit Motorplex - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2003, 20:10   #1 (permalink)
BA XT

Perth Meet - Quit Motorplex

Ok guys heres the low down, there are a whole bunch of us heading down to the Kwinana Speedway this Sunday (31st August 2003) for some legal drags (and possible a burnout session - not too sure).

Costs: $30 to race (includes $5 license and $12 insurance levy), $11 to spectate, $5 for Children 5-15, under 5 free and family 2+3 is $27.

If we get alot of interest from you guys then I may be able to arrange for our own club staging lane to ensure we race each other.

I have word also that the Tickford/FPV club are going down there so should be a great turnout for us Ford peeps! I need to ring the guy with numbers and if there are enuf then he'll give us a lane......

The plan is to meet at Carosel (front of Fast Eddies) at 10.00am and leaving at 10.30am. Competitor entry opens at 11.00 and racing starts at 12.00 (till 4.00pm) for those wanting to make their own way down.

Must have long sleeves, long pants and a racing helmet (motorbike, just an enclosed helmet -*note not bike helmet)

all cars welcome, if there are enuf people when you go through the scrutineers mention the club and you will be put into the E-series club Lane.

Should be a wicked day and all STOCK cars welcome (I drive a stock Fairmont)

Please post a note or e-mail your interest to me at eaman_82@yahoo.com.au

Last edited by EAman82; 08-24-2003 at 20:17.
EAman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2003, 22:09   #2 (permalink)
FPV

Re: Perth Meet - Quit Motorplex

I'll Try and make it but i will be there on the 7th of Sept with PPCC (Perth Performance Car Club), Can't wait 2 see what the BA Turbo runs :s6:

420+rwhp
YTRY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 07:22   #3 (permalink)
###AND EDGT DRIVER###

see can make it trying to round up the gang
xf351gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 20:17   #4 (permalink)
Horse-Power Hungry

I will pop down to have a look, probably won't drag as I am waiting for a new diff in my BA XR8.
boss 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 02:42   #5 (permalink)

Will definately try and make it. Will bring some helmets. I will meet you in there. I live in Rockingham. So no point going up to Carosel only to come back. Just a small note. Anyone thinking of filling up with petrol near the Motorplex for some strange reason the nearest filling station dosn't sell Premium so dont bother.
Poorboy Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 01:30   #6 (permalink)
walking power

I might come down for a squiz.
Old 08-27-2003, 02:27   #7 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

yeah lack of funds is slowin me down a bit but ill be there dunno if racing tho. $FUNDS$
94EF_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 18:21   #8 (permalink)
Sideways..

Sounds interesting, dunno if i'll take my car for runs, already done it once there and i dont think my cars gotten any faster on its own :) .. although Id rather enjoy doing burnouts again

Might come down for a look if im free!

Xtreme 275.6 rwkw, 12.93 sec quater, Phoon CAI, Siemens Injectors, StealthFX BOV with XBOX entertainment.
XF Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 19:50   #9 (permalink)
BA XT

Poorboy Racer - That would be great if you could bring some helmets...cheers

See you up there on Sunday!
Old 08-27-2003, 20:30   #10 (permalink)

Ok, Ill be there with some spair helmets, the weather forcast is good 22 and fine. Worth bringing a pump along. You can pump the fronts up hard (less rolling resistance) and let air out of the rears (for more grip). Also ditch as much weight (spair wheel, jack, wife etc) as possible. There is a pit area you can leave your stuff, spair wheel etc. Looking forward to it!
Poorboy Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia