Police concern over Vic Club cruise (discussion) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2004, 13:42   #1 (permalink)
300+rwkw DC LTD Member

Police concern over Vic Club cruise (discussion)

This this open to discussion (not debate)?

It is a shame and very disapointing that it has come to this. Especially if those vehicles caught wore the club name or logo. If so they have bought the club down with them and will be very hard to recover the lost respect.

Drag and dyno events are organised to give the driver the opportunity to show everyone the abilities of their car. Dangerous driving and burnouts on public roads just show you are a fool. IMO, these fools should not a: have and club signage or b) involved in club cruises.

I do not know exactly what happened as I regrettably was not able to attend. I have to base my opinion on the 'warning' in the sticky section.

Understandably, everyone is temped to 'give it a bit', hoon or spin the wheels. What needs to be considered is where and when and more importantly, who is looking.
Stereo by ///Alpine
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2004, 16:03   #2 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Re: Police concern over Vic Club cruise (discussion)

I hope the damage done to the clubs reputation has not been too deep, but any thing negative is not good.

I hope the sticker that I have decided to proudly display across my back window does not need to be removed for fear of unwanted police attention.

All that said, I think we need to constructively come up with a way to ensure behaviour on cruises remains within accepted behaviour limits and that everyone still can enjoy themselves, I think those you did wrong (or feel that they did) have realised there actions, so lets move on with solutions and not blame.

Some thoughts of mine (some a little harsh/drastic):
- Maybe if we record plates and drivers licences so we know you is who might make people keep in line
- Pay a small fee $5 to attend, it can then be donated or given back if you be good
- Cruise by invite only, you apply and get approved for a cruise thread if you can give good reason and consistently behave on cruises.

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 18:40   #3 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Ok firstly wear the E-series sticker without worrying about cops. Your cars should be legit anyway, if not then you have more to worry about.

Its a shame that this is happened. What was the actualy complaint. If there is a police officer reading this then please have your 2 cents worth instead of lurking.

Obviously the law has realised that online clubs are a big thing now. I would have thought that it might be a good idea from "thier" pov to become a member just for the sake of bringing some of the more over enthusiastic members down to earth. Im not saying that "threats" should be posted. But to have some kind of feedback would be good, instead of the usual dictatorship we ae used to.

I wasn't there, but to those who took unneccesary risks, which im sure I have read about, thats poor form.

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 18:51   #4 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoMoCo4eva
Ok firstly wear the E-series sticker without worrying about cops. Your cars should be legit anyway, if not then you have more to worry about.
Very true mate but the hassles of getting pulled over every few days , if not every second day can wear thin.

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 18:56   #5 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
Very true mate but the hassles of getting pulled over every few days , if not every second day can wear thin.
Yeah I know the feeling. But even when I first got my P's (the determining factor I know) I still got pulled over for "looking like" I as driving fast :/ even though he had no radar or ANNTHING on him.

Most of the cars in the club are above the average falcon, hence rare, so you are likely to get pulld over anyway IMO.

Half the time I take it as a nice gesture anyway. What the officers pulled me over because my car looks good; thanks not a bad compliment!

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 19:15   #6 (permalink)
300+rwkw DC LTD Member

More like "hey nice car" how can I defect it?

I get told this alot, people say that a car like ming would get pulled over alot. Not because I have done something wrong or because there is something wrong with the car. I drive the car like like most other people (I drive less agressive and more causious) due to the fear of being pulled over and being defected. (remember a 100% perfect car can still be defected!! )

It sure doesn't help when involved with a club where there is idiotic driving.

Dellboy raised good ideas. But how about $5.00 entry to cruises and the money goes to good club advertising? Not sure how but Good friday appeal or just advertising in publications.
Stereo by ///Alpine
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 19:30   #7 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

I dont really want to start being hassled either, i havent yet and dont plan to be.
Some of us have more to lose than others in regards to being defected. For most it would be something minor.

I like the idea of a $5 entry, maybe the cars could be registered on entering into the cruise and it can be made known that any huge burnouts, hooning will not be tolerated and reported or banning may occur.
This wont stop tag alongers though, it is those that do the most harm.
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 19:31   #8 (permalink)
still around... sometimes

The problem with the $5.00 entry would be, how do you control who drives around our group? I mean, an example would be that if we were to be cruising, a group of wankers in other falcons could intentionally jump on the tail of the group and act like absolute fools, and we could do nothing to stop them, and in turn our club would be given a bad name...

Jared

EDIT: However i would support the idea, and i would definately pay the $5 or however much for the cruise...

- T04b 1.15 A/R
- 3" zorst
- big cooler
- DBA slotted rotors
- 17x8 AJR Directors
- kings superlows
- megasquirt
- T5
- not quite finished...
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 19:45   #9 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

oneredED yes i agree, you can't stop people from cruising in uninvited or wanted and being fools, we could if we choose to, give a list of number plates to the local police of participants in the cruise (not that I want to actively give police my plate), then any reports of in-apropiate behaviour (as we would all behave) would then not be directed at the club by police.

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 19:55   #10 (permalink)
still around... sometimes

I have on occasion visited commodore forums (my little bro has a VP/VS wagon hybrid), and they have massive numbers on their cruises, sometimes over 200 cars . The way they deal with this is, they have 10 or so people who are "cruise moderators" or whatever. The police are notified of the club and this moderator system, and then after the event the number plates written down by the mods for bad behaviour are given to the police and then they deal with it. It is like having the cruises' own police, and it discourages idiot behaviour, because anyone of the nice cars around you may possibly dob you in to the cops for acting like a tool. I belive they also take digital video cams to record evidence of bad driving, using it as a sort of blackmail to get the drivers to behave? Not %100 sure on that one though...

- T04b 1.15 A/R
- 3" zorst
- big cooler
- DBA slotted rotors
- 17x8 AJR Directors
- kings superlows
- megasquirt
- T5
- not quite finished...
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia