(QLD) Powercruise Easter long weekend April 9/10/11 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2004, 00:58   #1 (permalink)

Powercruise Easter long weekend April 9 10 and 11

Hi Everyone
Carline Mufflers Powercruise #2 Update Number 1
www.powercruise.net

Carline Mufflers Powercruise #2
Queensland Raceway Willowbank
Easter Long Weekend
April 9,10 and 11. 2004

Ok boys and girls, get your camping gear out its Powercruise time again. so get your act together because it’s time to start working on your car again, fixing all those little things that usually let you down over the weekend. There’s a lot of cruising to be done this EASTER LONG WEEKEND at Qld Raceway.

Powercruise is going to be busier, tougher, and COOLER, with more time on the track for cruising with sessions limited to 1 hour but with 8 sessions over the weekend. The action will be thinker and faster this time with the burnouts happening on Saturday night along with Victor Bray’s Chevy doorslammer, Allan Sarkis’s Outlaw Centura, Chris Hollingworth’s Pro Street commodore Ute just to name a few. There are also a few other big names in the pipeline so you will have the chance to not only watch these guys in action, but ENTRANTS will have the chance to give ‘em a run in the cruising.
Yep that’s right, these guys and more will be cruising the track looking for any guys willing to have their asses handed to them buy these PRO STREET OUTLAW STREET MONSTERS.

The website has been updated with a new look. You can check out the action video clips, pictures and results in the media section.

SPECTATORS have not been forgotten. There will be plenty to look at in the outdoor show and shine on both day, competitions in the pit park all weekend, the MUD WRESTLING will be back again. The wrestling was tough last time, so I can imagine what it will be like this time when the GIRLS GET DOWN AND DIRTY WITH $500 CASH on the line to the winner once again.
I suppose we will have to have another WET T-SHIRT COMP of course, I think I am going to have to invite back last years winner just to tease the boys. The will be another $1000 CASH for the winner of the WET-T-SHIRT COMP.
Plenty of other attractions are planned so keep an eye on the updates and the program when it’s added to the site for all the details.
Spectators will also be treated to a little surprise when about 10 OF QLD’S TOUGHEST STREETCARS pull into pit lane to hand pick a few spectators to go for a cruise around the track with them. Imagine getting into a 9 second torana, your cruising the track and the owner just happens to pull up next to Victor Bray and give him a street race. Chances are your GUNNA GET YOUR DOORS AND YOUR EARS BLOWN OFF but I can guarantee you will be walking around with a permanent smile on your face all weekend.

So DOWNLOAD THE ENTRY FORM from the entrants section and post it off to make sure you’re apart of all the action or catch the Carline Mufflers Powercruise team when we are out and about handing out flyers.
All previous entrants will be posted a few entry forms. If you can’t download the entry form, just send me an e-mail with your postal details and I will drop one in the snail mail box asap.
The first round of Pre-Paid entries cut off date is 31 January so don’t miss out on the NEW CHEAPER ENTRANT COSTS.

Catch ya cruising
www.powercruise.net
Please call 0407172413 for more info.
powercruise gu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2004, 01:14   #2 (permalink)
known as tibbo

Re: Powercruise Easter long weekend April 9 10 and 11

i'm going out for a peep for sure..Not entering but after the Summernats i'll be needing a fix..
Nice write up in SM too..Looks good
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 21:48   #3 (permalink)
built_tough_ford_girl

Sounds like there's isn't neone out there up for Powercruise. I've been entered and ready since January. Cmon ppl.
Nanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 22:44   #4 (permalink)

im going n i already have spoken to qld rep about this powercruise so yeah regardless im there..(spectating though )
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 16:16   #5 (permalink)
built_tough_ford_girl

Smile Re: Powercruise Easter long weekend April 9 10 and 11

K well hopefully it'll be a good weekend and all worth it.
See ya round.
Old 03-23-2004, 02:13   #6 (permalink)
Club Phantom

Re: (QLD) Powercruise Easter long weekend April 9/10/11

went last year and it's a waste of time. This year should be worse. Took forever to get on the track and this time the cruising time is only an hour!!! And unless you drive a small block LJ torana doing skids you don't make the video, go figure. Save your money and buy some easter eggs, you'll enjoy it more.
COUPEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 15:04   #7 (permalink)
built_tough_ford_girl

Yeah but last year hardly neone knew about it, as a spectator i still had a good time. Tried to buy the dvd last weekend but Autobarn was just a stuff around so haven't seen it. I think we have a chance of gettin our little baby on vid but it doesn't matter it'll still beat sittin around thinkin about wat its like this year.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:22   #8 (permalink)

*coughs* last year was its first year,so cant expect much but theres more then just a torry on that video..

anyways im going out with a few ppl's anyways hope to see a few FF/e series ppl out there..
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
Old 03-29-2004, 15:48   #9 (permalink)

Thumbs down Re: (QLD) Powercruise Easter long weekend April 9/10/11

I went last year also, and it was hopeless. Don't bother making the excuse that it was the first time, because nothing is changing this time, except that there will probably be more people. The format is still the same except for 1 hour cruise sessions.

For starters it is an absolute dustbowl and impossible to keep the cars clean. You can expect your car to overheat trying to get on the track, the queue is that long, and it will be worse this year!! To add to this you have the doorslammers cruising the track also eating into your cruise time. Unfortunately I bought the video and that was a bigger dissappointment. A great deal of the quality cars, in particular fords, didn't make the final cut. It was obvious to me that unless you turned the tyres you didn't make it. The irony for us is that by the time we made it to the track we were told by an official that "any skids and the event will be cancelled". Being good little boys we complied, but when you see the DVD, all the wankas in their shitboxes doing skids made the final cut. The guys who played by the rules were obviously considered poor movie content, regardless of car quality. I don't know about you guys, but I can only watch so much of shitboxes trying to do skids with the wheel on full lock!!!

I can tell you now that none of my mates are going this year 'cause we all feel the same. I'm with Coupeman, buy some easter eggs and stay home watching Brady Bunch re-reuns on TV, it'll be a lot more fun.
xbmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 13:04   #10 (permalink)

let others make up their own minds about it instead of ramming it down ppl's throats that its crap.

and secondly your right it was said that no skids etc but ppl did them anyways cant police everyone you know,anyways brady bunch is utter crap and easter eggs aint worth the money,you'll spend just as much $$$ over easter on eggs then you would if you went to POWERCRUISE(talking family etc).

this year is bigger n hopefully better then last year,we'll have to wait n see won't we..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia