Ford Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raid details and application form

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  mrs xa coupe 
#1 · (Edited)
here it is guys... we are now ready to start getting people signed up for the raid. Here is the itinerary as it stands:

Sunday 7/9 ----------unofficial welcome dinner (cost not included)
Monday 8/9 ----------herrods dyno day and BBQ / dinner in geelong
Tuesday 9/9 ----------ford factory tours/dinner with LS1 boys
Wednesday 10/9----------cruise to the gurdies/lunch/navigational rally/dinner
Thursday 11/9----------fpv tours/dinner/go-karting challenge
Friday 12/9----------drag racing at heathcote/BBQ lunch
Saturday 13/9----------motorhkana and skid pan at shepparton/BBQ lunch
Sunday 14/9----------Sandown 500 supercar race.

The cost includes everything mentioned here except the welcome dinner, and includes a shirt and other promo gear.

Cost will be $300 per head ($200 for partners).
We are expecting $50 deposit with booking form.

I realise this is well above the cost of last years raid but please note that this year it includes 4 dinners, 4 lunches, admission to the supercars and the cost of 2 driving events (al of which were additional costs last year). Also this years raid is a 7 day event rather than 5 days.

For the planning of accomodation the raid will be based out of melbourne except for the monday night staying in geelong, and the friday night staying in bendigo. There are more details about this in the final accomodation details thread.

At this stage we are open for applications for the whole raid only. If anyone is wanting to attend certain events only please submit a form with deposit and specifiy what you wish to attend and we will consider those applications based on available space. It is expected that people will attend the raid as a whole, however in rare cases exceptions will be considered.

Please note that donating members will get first preference and then members wishing to attend ALL events.

Now that you are as excited about the raid as we are the next step is to fill in the attached application form, put the deposit in the bank account specified, and email the form to raid@fordforums.com.

If there are any other enquiries please email raid@fordforums.com

We look forward to another great RAID !!!!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
With just over three weeks to go until the commencement of RAID III, I am sad to say that the level of applications to attend is insufficient to continue with the event as planned.

The Admin team has agreed that if a minimum number is not attained by the end of Monday 18/8/03 then the event will be scaled down to a four day, invitation only affair. Invitations will, of course, be extended to all those who have applied already.

It is disappointing to see this poor level of response after the amount of effort put in by the xa-coupes and others into the organisation of this event.

Russ

#3 ·
I finally made it to the Bank today (Friday is the only day they stay open long enough for me to make it after work).

I hope a few more people put in for this as last years event was great and it would be dissapointing to not have one this year.

#5 ·
Following on from my earlier post.

The 2003 RAID is to be reduced to a 4 day, invitational event. Those who had already expressed interest in attending will be invited (naturally) along with members from other local clubs.

The revised event will run from Thursday to Sunday with only a few minor changes to the original program for those days.

Those who have not yet submitted their application form but who would like to attend the revised schedule of events should PM me within the next 5 days.

Regards
Russ

#7 ·
Grunter said:
Ah that's a shame, but if last years Raid is anything to go by it's going to be a hell of a 4 days. :s6:
What he said.

Last years event was great.

#10 ·
Re: Re: Raid details and application form

xa-coupe said:
The 4 days will be great !
We will be PMing the people who have already sent their forms in shortly
/me waits for PM.......

:wnc:

#12 ·
mark, i believe you wanted an itinerary so you and flick could decide what you want to come to. As you can imagine, everything has been turned upside down in the last few days with the raid being shortened. I am in the middle of trying to re-arrange the itinerary and when that is done I will send you both the details.

Please just give me a couple of days to rearrange everything.

I promise I wont forget you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.