Raid III - Cancelled - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2003, 20:46   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Thumbs down Raid III - Cancelled

Short of a miracle we cannot get enough numbers to make the raid work, so it is being cancelled.

Anyone that has paid a deposit will get a refund.

I am sorry but it's got to the point where the numbers just don't justify the expense. The last minute people are appreciated but won't really tip the balance over.

Thanks to all that helped organise and especially those who did put in forms and paid a deposit.

I still think that there should be a group attendance at Sandown 500 but that will not have anything to do with Fordforums officially.

Thanks again

Jeff
XA Coupe
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2003, 21:19   #2 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

Re: Raid III - Cancelled

Such a shame that it had to come to this, I and many others were looking forward to the event. I would have thought we wouldn't have a prob with numbers at all. Such a large amount of members. I think the sandown 500 group attendance is good idea. I would however just like to thank Jeff, Nicole and any others that organised the event. A credit to you all!!
Old 09-01-2003, 21:47   #3 (permalink)

A shame, but I understand completely
Thanks to Jeff and Nicole for working so hard to get it off the ground.
A lesson learnt for next year, support your team or lose it! C'mon, this is our passion!
As Enrie Dingo would say, "Get out there and enjoy it!"

See you all at Sandown
www.falcongtclub.org
XWGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 22:03   #4 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Oh damn. I only just bought my plane tickets. Is this for sure? 100%

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 22:03   #5 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

This is a shame. Unfortunately I see where this and other events are going to take us. Would have been great to have the numbers we had last year, especially after the many hours those that have put into it did. I still find it a bit disheartening that the numbers of those that said they would go and backed out were where they are. Over 75% backed out.

Now is this due to the price involved? I doubt it. Last year every event cost money, ie drags, karting, meals and the like. This year we just summed it up in one payment instead of giving those that wanted to attend no idea.

I personally am ashamed that it went to where it did and for everyone that stepped up and said they were gong and backed out. I can understand not getting time off, but even after dates were settled upon and polls were made more people said they were able to make it. I will not say what I really would like to say, since it will offend people. But with that said use your imaginations.

Thanks goes out to those that were involved. XA, Mrs. XA, Laminge, Russ, Grunter and anyone else I have forgotten.

Regards,

John
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 22:28   #6 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

Nnnnnnnooooooooo!!!!!!!!

I'm feeling sorry for Mrs XA Coupe, XA Coupe and the other people who helped in setting it up, considering the amount of effort that would have been involved, only to have it fail from a lack of numbers. Especially sad considering the amount of members Fordforums has.

To the team that did all the hard work, thanks for putting in the effort.

btw, wack my deposit in as a donation. Someones got to pay for Lunatic's toilet paper when he's working on the forums. :s6:

edit: speeling and addition

the house of grunt
Click on the above link to go to a site about my cars, old and new.

Last edited by Grunter; 09-01-2003 at 23:53.
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 22:55   #7 (permalink)
E Series Chick Supremo

I'm sititng here in shock.......

Mrs XA, XA, Russ & everyone who had anything to do with the organisation of this I thank you for your effort. Its a shame that all of your effort went into nothing.......not like you guys dont have enough to do as it is.....

Shame on eveyone else who didnt have a valid reason .......I personally think if Grunter & myself can travel the distances we have to theres not too many with a reasonable excuse to let this fail.

I hope the group who goes to Sandown has fun ..... I can justify a week for the 12hrs each way to get there but not 1 day......

Check out the OzECruisers Inc. website HERE

FF Lynch Mob BITCH
O.F.R #65
Mother Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 23:24   #8 (permalink)
blue blooded

Jeff,

thanks for the effort mate, it has been greatly appreciated .... Sandown sounds like a good plan ...

Rob

xr6t ute (289rwkw and fast) & blown Mustang Cobra (347 rwkw and faster)
svtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 00:27   #9 (permalink)
FF Town Sheriff

Without doubt - a major shame. Was looking forward to it! My thanks to Jeff, Nick, Russ, Gary, and to everyone else who was making it happen I forgot to mention. I must say with over 8000 members, it is a bitterly disappointing result!

Philbie

" i will own another V8, just what type of body it's in is another question. "
philbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 00:44   #10 (permalink)

Ahhh well. Yes i think it is the Cost that put people off! I was looking forward to it until I saw the cost! (and the schedual, i think I had a different idea of what the Raid was!) Originally I think it was $300 before u leave home, then theres fule, food, hotels ect By the end your up for $600+ and the weeks wages Id loose would make over a grand. I cant justify $1000 on what would have been basicly a 1 week long Cruise!
The other Downfall i think was saying you come to EVERYTHING or NOTHING. Especially with some of the Stuff on the Schedual! What does a winery tour Have to do with Cars or Ford?
LunaticSVT Showing the price in 1 hit sure turned me off, if they had have made individual things avalible and listed the cost of each, im sure there would have been MUCH more intrest. I would have done most things except for the Saturday stuff and the Odd thing here and there, Like staying overnight in Bendigo and the BBQ lunches (1 is enough)

Thumbs up for Trying tho guys and Gals. Maybe Next year!
PHoeNiX_EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia