SA, Charity Cruize for Aus Victoms of Tradgedy in SE Asia - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2004, 05:00   #1 (permalink)
BURNOUT INSTRUCTOR

SA, Charity Cruize for Aus Victoms of Tradgedy in SE Asia

Who : All cars, car clubs, anyone!
What : Charity cruize, money rasied going to Australian Victoms and their familys!
Where : Cruize will be starting at 12 noon, leaving from Etsa pak Stadium
When : Sunday, 20th Febuary
Why : for a good cause!
How Much : $10 per car, but extra donations welcome!
All money raised is being handed over to Australian Red Cross to be dispursed between Aussie Victoms

Contact myself for further datails about SA cruize, or WAK IT for other states!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAK IT
The first national cruise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney Morning Herald
Australia has pledged an initial $10 million in aid and promised to send more money and supplies. The European Union announced an initial €3 million ($5.3 million), and the Red Cross called for $US6.5 million ($8.4 million) for emergency aid funding.

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few days then most of you are aware of the earthquake and tsunami in South East Asia that has killed over 24, 000 people and still rising.
So far, six Australians have been confirmed dead and eleven are still missing. Not to mention the thousands of Indonesians, Thais and Indians and other tourists from around the world.

During a time of the month where we all celebrate Christmas with our families and friends, this great tragedy. Of the six Australians that have already been confirmed, one is a 16 year old boy from Victoria with down-syndrome. Another, a three year old girl from NSW.

My plans are this:

One person who i elect from each capital city (Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin and, yes, Hobart) will organise their own big cruise. Each person joining on the cruise will be asked to donate a minumum of $10. I am also hoping that this person that has been elected will be able to get in contact with a radio station or newspaper and hand out flyers, basically advertise it as much as possible. They will then have a planned route where they can stop in the capital city and collect money from the public. Also, cruise through small local towns and collect more.

I will be opening a bank account so that everyone can transfer money to that account once all has been collected. The money that we collect will be divided throughout those families who have lost loved ones.

Due to a lot of organising, this event will not take place until about early February (I'm thinking Sunday the 13th or 20th).

to organise your city's cruise for this fund raising event, you must be able to organise events well, have contacts and be committed

There is a cruize being held for each state, please email mike_thompson_@hotmail.com (WAK IT)for info on other states!

Ban Low Performance Drivers, NOT High Performance Cars
STEALTHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2005, 14:34   #2 (permalink)
EBII GLi 4.0L 4spd LPG

Re: SA, Charity Cruize for Aus Victoms of Tradgedy in SE Asia

stealthy.... finally come over from the dark side eh? (street commodores)
Old 01-25-2005, 16:56   #3 (permalink)
BURNOUT INSTRUCTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slabz
stealthy.... finally come over from the dark side eh? (street commodores)
nah, not quite, i wouldn't be able to sleep at night wit a ford in the driveway! just wouldn't be right!

Old 01-25-2005, 17:08   #4 (permalink)
BURNOUT INSTRUCTOR

This is the new cruise details.

All participating vehicles will be given a yellow ribbon to put on there wipers to show there support!
ok peoples, i have a huge list of prizes to be raffled off, and confirmation that the Salvo's will have a rep at the cruise on the day! I'll update the post with the prizes as there confirmed!

Prizes up for raffle currently

*Torque Photography Gift Voucher www.torquephotography.com.au
Free Photo Shoot of your Pride and Joy.

*Profix Port Adelaide $500 cash to be used to set up and to be donated

*Atap
-4 disc's and pads (Value $400)

*industrial springs
-Lowered springs front/rear (Value $290)

*Walker Australia
-shockers front & rear to suit Commodore (Value $340)
-shockers front & rear to suit Falcon (Value $340)

*Muffler bits
-4 s/s tips $90 each

*Super cats
-s/s cannon (Value $290)

*Castrol
-oil 5ltr oil containers $150 worth

*Pacemaker
-set of headers (Value $500)

*Tint a Car
-tint a car car tinting (Value $395)

*Car Toys
-DLS splits (Value $200)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia