(SA) Cruise 27th October - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2002, 08:31   #1 (permalink)

(SA) Cruise 27th October

Hey all,

For our next cruise i propose we head up to Collingrove for some HillClimb action.

Held by the Sporting Car Club of Australia at the Collingrove HillClimb Track on the 27th October 2002 (Collingrove is just outside the town of Angaston in the Barossa Valley).

If you've never been to a hillclimb, its a great day. You get to see some great cars fanging it up a big hill, some classic, some modern, some home made jobs too!

Meet at Hungry Jacks car park (corner Nth East Rd and Golden Grove Rd) @ 10:00 AM.

Leave @ 10:30 AM - yes an early start, but they start at around 9:00 AM from memory!

Some good roads getting there - which should be quite quiet at that time of the morning!

There is an entry fee for spectators ($10 per car I think), however if we can get enough interested parties the SCC maybe able to give us a discount - I have emailed them, will let you know.

Firstly though, please show your interest in this thread.
MrBrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2002, 08:35   #2 (permalink)

Also, if we are good, we may be able to drive the track in a break of racing!
Old 10-12-2002, 19:32   #3 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

yep i should be in
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 01:25   #4 (permalink)

If people wanna crusie up as a group, show your interest now, otherwise i won't organise anything. Im going up to Collingrove anyway, so either way.

For those of you who havent been up there before, i highly reccomend it. Its an excellent drive through Chain Of Ponds, and part of the Barossa. Nice smooth roads, quick corners, slow corners, fast bits, slow bits, and my personal favourite...no bloody traffic lights! Just a nice blast through through the hills!
MrBrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 03:13   #5 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

Is this only a ford thing?? also, you might wanna post something in the road section of ford australia, more people could see this then!
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
Old 10-13-2002, 04:14   #6 (permalink)

suppose not, the more the merrier i guess.

(as long as the others cars arent faster than mine ;p)
Old 10-13-2002, 04:18   #7 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

haha, i might be lol. I might have a few mates who could be interested, but dont worry, they are only young blokes and there cars shouldnt worry you! lol
Old 10-14-2002, 04:48   #8 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Off-topic, I ask that all SA club members please take a look at the following thread:

http://discussions.fordforums.com/sh...851#post284851

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 20:04   #9 (permalink)

Some excellent news...

The Sporting Car Club will be able discount the entry price for us for being part of a car club. Entry is now half price @ $5.
(it is advised we arrive as a group)

Also, we have been given the go ahead to have a couple of laps of the track. They will be driven at a slowed pace in a formation type parade lap and will be driven during the lunch break (the main break of racing). Naturally of course, the number of laps will be limited and is subject to time permitting.

And...Im currently in negotiation with The Sporting Car Club we may be able to have some secure car parking away from the main parking lot. The car parks are reasonably secure anyway but all our cars will be grouped together and there will be no fear of any dings or dents that occasionally occur in such situations...of course...that still doesn’t protect you from other cruisers though! Basically though, if you wish to bring your immaculate GT (or whatever) and are afraid of leaving it in car park all day...you have no need to fear

More Details later...
Old 10-16-2002, 06:25   #10 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Fan

I'll see what i can do.... I may be able to get there, I need to check with my fiance cos i have a feeling we're busy that day, but sounds like it would be a great day!! Let u know soon

'69 XW Fairmont GS (GT Replica), Reef Green 351c 2V (not for long ), Top Loader, 9" with 3.55's,
RedEF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia