Ford Forums banner

SA Cruise - Sat 9th November

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  MightyEFGhia 
#1 ·
Hey All,

Since the night cruises seem to attract our bigger cruises, I propose that we have a cruise on Saturday night 9th of November, with the usual 7:30pm meet up for an 8pm departure. Anyone with a good idea of a cruise should post it here, also any one wanting to attend should also post a reply here. Once some numbers are known we can go from there.

I like a suggestion from RedEF, to add on it more. We would head off from Burnside Town Hall, up the freeway to Mount Barker, then along Mt Barker Road through Hahndorf down to Crafers, along Upper Sturt Road to Belair, then Main road through to Shepherds Hill Road, Sturt road, Brighton Road, Anzac Highway, around to Glenelg North, then basically cruising along tapleys hill road to get to port road, into the city for a finish at bunnings mile end.

A bit brief, but any input would be appreciated!!!

Cheers,
Chris

#4 ·
Cheers Lee, I just had a skim over the roads last night on whereis.com.au, but if you have any input as in which roads you think we should take, that would be cool.

Anymore suggestions will be great, we can get some more numbers and then put the cruise into concrete.

Yeah i think the next one after this one we can do a northern suburbs one, I agree with you MrBrock, it does need to be done.

#5 ·
Alright, here is a more detailed explanation of the cruise, Id like peoples input if theyd want it longer or shorter or if it is ok
Cheers,
Chris

Saturday 9th - November

-Meet up at the Burnside Town Hall at 7:30pm, for an 8pm departure.
-Turn left onto Portrush Road
-Turn left onto M1 (South Eastern Freeway)
-Exit at the Mt Barker turn off, turn left at the traffic lights.
-Turn left onto Mt Barker Road, Just as we enter Mt Barker Road stop on the side of the road, this is where we will regroup.
-Continue on Mt Barker Road through Hahndorf
-Turn right to continue on Mt Barker Road just before the Freeway entrance
-Turn left to continue on Mt Barker Road at the intersection with Onkaparinga Valley Road
-Continue through Bridgewater on Mt Barker Road
-Turn right at intersection with Strathalbyn Road to continue on Mt Barker Road, after this turn we will stop to regroup
-Turn left onto Sturt Valley Road
-Turn right onto Ayres Hill Road
-Turn left onto Upper Sturt Road
-Veer right to continue on Upper Sturt Road
-Left onto Sheoak Road
-Left onto Main Road
-Right onto Shepherds Hill Road
-Right into the shopping centre on the corner of Main and Shepherds Hill Road to regroup
-Right onto Shepherds Hill Road
-Continue onto Sturt Road
-Turn Right at Brighton Road
-Left at Anzac Highway
-Right onto Adelphi Tce
-Left over bridge on King Street
-Continue on King Street across road to the Esplanade. This is where we will have another regroup point.
-Return to Anzac Highway via King Street and Adelphi Tce
-Follow Anzac Highway to South Road
-Left onto South Road
-Right onto Sir Donald Bradman Drv
-Right into Bunnings Mile End

END of Cruise

#6 ·
Sounds like a pretty good cruise route to me, my only suggestion is the re-group in Blackwood, turning right accross Shep's Hill Rd is a pain (and u cant get into the carpark easily from there). So i suggest for a re group, go through the roundabout onto Coromandel Pde, and turn Right into Woolworths Carpark about 20m after the roundabout. To get back onto Sheps Rd, turn right out back of carpark, then left onto Sheps Rd. But apart from that, sounds pretty sweet 2 me. Nice long 1 aswell.

#9 ·
Count me in this fella's. I'll get my mate Jo with his emerald green NC fairlane to come to and hopefully a few others.
Anyone going to the Extreme Horsepower show Nov 1-3?
BTW how did that cruise to Victor go?

#10 ·
Is some1 gonna get directions of the cruise printed out?
:madman:

#12 ·
hell yea

Ill definitely be at the cruise. Meeting you all at the mount barker lights. What time do you reckon you will be through there? Its like 2 mins from home ;)...

Good organising MightyNA, but I still wanna give u a run with that 4.0 in it.

Phr3ak

#14 ·
Have you driven the route yet Chris?? i think it would be a good idea, as for the last couple i've written notes for i didnt drive before hand and there were some errors in the notes. Hopefully we'll get another good turnout for this cruise, have you sent out emails to all those in the mail list (from JackTravis?)??

#15 ·
Yeah i have driven the cruise, I have revised the notes and will make copies of it whilst at uni tomorrow. Im glad i did drive the cruise since i got kinda lost in parts haha that would of been rather embarassing on the night, but it is all sorted now, i know where i am going.
and I have emailled all the club members in SA regarding it, hopefully some more people come. I think at the moment we are lookin at over 10, but then again there are often people who turn up that never said anything on the forums etc...

#16 ·
ill prolly come along.... is the GTi club coming along to this cruise?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.