Ford Forums banner

SA: Dyno Day #3 July 31st

19K views 244 replies 24 participants last post by  XFFan101 
#1 ·
SA Dyno Day 3

Date : Saturday July 31st (probably 9am till mid afternoon)
Where : Blackwood Dyno Service, 2 Stirling Rd Blackwood
Cost : $30 per car
Includes : Power Run with AF ratios, Trophies for best Falcon I6 and V8, BBQ lunch Supplied.

Had a great time at Dyno Day 2 last year, hopefully we will have a similar turnout.

#2 ·
Re: SA Dyno Day 3

Im definatly in for that, I want to know what the ltd will put out stock. it would be a good chance to have a catch up with everybody.

#5 ·

should be able to make it... dont know if i want to know if ill go on the dyno, my mate will more then likely go on with his xf.

Ehab

#8 ·

Yeah, i'll put my hand up for that. Will be interested to see what the ol' donk is puting out as-is. May be able to drag mate with AU XR6 along too.

#10 ·

I'm interested.

#14 ·

Yeah looks like we will have enough support, so it's official then. My brother with his EF will also be there.

If we have enough room, I have another brother who would like to bring his R33 Skyline and a friend who might bring his VR V6 Commodore. I think it would be good to have a couple of non-Ford cars there (not too powerful ones though) just for comparisons sake, but what do others think of that? E-series Club cars however get preference for the dyno and are eligible to win the trophies.

Anyway, details are:

Date : Saturday July 17th (probably 9am till mid afternoon)
Where : Blackwood Dyno Service, 2 Stirling Rd Blackwood
Cost : $30 per car
Includes : Power Run with AF ratios, Trophies for best Falcon I6 and V8, BBQ lunch Supplied.

So can we now have a list of people who are defenite, so we can get final numbers.

#15 ·

I am a definate. My mate andrew (hes got my EA now) might be in also. I dont have a problem with other cars being there, we all share a common hobby.

#16 ·

Definate. Its a good time away so that helps out majorly. 94.2rwkw hear i come. (thats what the EA had with an 245km EA motor and BBM, so im hoping for more)

#17 ·

Yeah, I can't see why there can't be a couple of non-Ford's there, jut to compare a bit. Just as long as they aren't too powerful lol.

I'm a definate st this stage, although I am going to Winton the next weekend I believe, but I will still make it.

#18 ·

Depending on if my car is sorted out by then, i may come along. I'd prolly use a tank of fuel just driving there. It's screwed i tell ya.

#22 ·

MightyEFGhia said:
I *MAY* be in... I will probably have it dynoed before that date for various reasons anyway, so I may not bother running it again...
wait till this day to dyno it. Let the ECU relearn. Well thats a good enough excuse to wait. Should wack the XR cam in the EA and get red to run it on the rolers.

#23 ·

MightyEFGhia said:
I *MAY* be in... I will probably have it dynoed before that date for various reasons anyway, so I may not bother running it again...
Pussy! Didn't a certain Navy Blue EF Ghia with 200,000+ on the clock drag off another ghia on the dyno last time?

I can't remember actually, i got 115.9kw. (My air box lid had "accidently" fallen off tho on that run..) What did you end up with?

Put the old workhorse on the dyno chris, I wanna see what it can do, especially with your new ricer steering wheel! :-D

#25 ·
Re: SA: Dyno Day 3

Definate. Will work on bringing a friend with AU XR6 as well.

And i think having a commy and Skyline there is a great idea.

EDIT: Have confirmed friend with AU II XR6 (5spd, zorst, chip) will be attending. So, make that 2 Definates here.

#26 ·
Re: SA: Dyno Day 3

Oh yeah - btw. Does anyone mind if I post this up at Fordmods.com?

Few of you guys will remember me from the night meet the other month (V8 Futura). The other day got an e-mail from John Wilson advising I am now a member of the E-series club and I'm pretty keen to start 'promoting the club'.

Anyways - just wanted to make sure Im not gonna step on anyones toes if i post something on Fordmods for the E-series club. Might be a couple more people to come along.... whaddya reckon?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.