SA Meet - May 31st (Saturday) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2003, 06:32   #1 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Fan

Lightbulb SA Meet - May

After some discussion with Chris, we are planning the next meet. It will be a Saturday Night Cruise in mid-late May. The main route of the cruise will be a coast cruise, with it beginning somewhere central, heading to the Coast for the bulk of the cruise, and then finishing somewhere industrial for some fun times...
All be warned that letting smoke out of the tyres is not *officially* endorsed (however a blind eye may be turned )

More details will follow

Lee

'69 XW Fairmont GS (GT Replica), Reef Green 351c 2V (not for long ), Top Loader, 9" with 3.55's,
RedEF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2003, 08:19   #2 (permalink)
Death to Camry's!

<------------------------------EDIT------------------------------>

<b>When</b>: Saturday May 31st at 7:30pm for an <b><i>8pm Departure</i></b>

<b>Where</b>: Bunnings Warehouse, Mile End (Cnr Railway Tce and Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Mile End)

<b>Who</b>: All E-series owners, as well as any other Ford owner that would like to come on our cruise

<b>Route</b>: To be announced on the evening, the current plan is the cruise down towards Marion then back up the coast via Glenelg, West Lakes, Semaphore and Outer Harbour for a finish in Cavan/Wingfield for various activities

<------------------------------END OF EDIT------------------------------>

Geeze Lee your quick off the mark as per usual, to go on from what Lee has said, this cruise we are going to trial a new method with how we run it. Since there is always either the complaints of too fast or two slow we are going to organise it so as that we have scheduled meet up points along the route, a suggested route to get there, although if members want to they can take their own prefered way to get their (for some back street driving, more faster road driving, etc...)

Everyones input would be greatly appreciated as per normal, the bit of tyre frying would be taking place in a yet to be determined place out of the public eye and without causing any harm or danger to members of the public and property.

For the moment, Lee and myself suggest a start at Bunnings Warehouse, Mile End. Then off down towards Lonsdale down Main South Road/Southern Expressway depending which way it is travelling, then once we are at lonsdale to proceed via the Lonsdale Hwy (or Southern Expressway depending on which way it is travelling) to Glenelg, then via Millitary Rd and Ocean Road down along the coast going through the suburbs of West Lakes, Semaphore, Largs, Outer Harbour, back around the top of the Lefevre Peninsula(outer harbour) and back through Pt Adelaide to a suitable finishing spot in Wingfield/Gillman/Cavan.

Any other suggestions, as i have previously said would be greatly appreciated. And we would aim to have a larger turn out then what has recently been happening, so suggested dates would be good to try and encorporate as many people as possible, as well as being able to give our relative employers enough notice to roster us off suitably so that we can attend this cruise.

Cheers,
Chris
MightyEFGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 22:25   #3 (permalink)

Pelican Point is good. However the Police are well aware it. Catch it on a good night and you wont see a soul.

I was thinking, since we are oly but a wee club, with few members, what about getting other Ford clubs involved? Could we extend an official invitation to the XR club? or Ford Owners? might help boost our memberships plus extra numbers for ff.com What about an ad in the Trader? 'Ford cruise this Sat night' type of ad?
Old 04-16-2003, 02:23   #4 (permalink)
Death to Camry's!

Good idea Cameron, it would be a good idea to invite people from the other associated SA clubs on our cruise providing they have E-series Falcons. I am not overly sure how to go about this, because I would not be sure how well the clubs would like us getting their members, so advertising through them may not work so well. Also the idea with the trading post, how much does it cost? and on that same note, who would foot the bill? I wouldnt mind chipping on for it, but we need to get our cruises right before we start going bigger, I mean at the moment we have problems with a small group, we dont want to have potential members put off because the cruise hasn't gone to plan or what ever. Ahh the things to think about.
MightyEFGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 06:23   #5 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Fan

As for inviting other clubs, i think the best way would be to look up the Unique Cars clubs listings of SA, look for any ford/falcon clubs and send out a letter. Let people know we are more of a cruise registry, rather than "club" like they have and we are not competing for members, but rather looking for other people to have cruises/events with. I would be happy to source a list of other clubs with contact details, if Chris would write a letter.

As for the May cruise, what are peoples thoughts like Chris said?

'69 XW Fairmont GS (GT Replica), Reef Green 351c 2V (not for long ), Top Loader, 9" with 3.55's,
RedEF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 07:02   #6 (permalink)
Serving Defect #3

I am aiming to be ready by June 14 & 15 for the Holden & Ford Show, anything sooner is wishful thinking for me really.
fordfan351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 16:38   #7 (permalink)

Agreed, not competeing for members, but cruising with peple (as has occured before) is bit of a shitter. Cruising with 50, well that has its downsides too but is generally quite a bit more fun. I'll chip a few dollars for a notice. Note: I said a few dollars, i will not foot the bill for club activities and nor should any other member. And will donate only if i get a special 'E Series club donating member' tag!! ;p (<-- That was only said as a joke, but is this an idea we could look at? All ESeries members get a tag to distinguish them from other FF.com'ers, at least then when posting in other areas of the forum, it could generate more interest at this end of the forum when people see the tags?)

As for the cruise, the route sounds good, need a stockie or two though 225's aren't that expensive, but I'd rather not drive home on a bald one.

I know some excellent spots out the back of Edinburgh and around Salisbury but thats prolly getting a litle too far out
Old 04-16-2003, 17:09   #8 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

cool cruisin in May

I'll be in for a cruise in late May, say 24th or 31st. Any earlier and I know I wont make it. (Got plans already) Might I suggest that who ever plans these meets should be responsible for the advertising arrangements incurred so as the turnout is good instead of it being a 'no-show'. i.e. last cruise! (No offence fordfan351 you were not to blame from what I read) It doesn't cost a great deal to advertise something in the trader as long as it's small and to the point.
As far as the cruise route is concerned, I have have no problems with it just as long as ppl let us know of all the hot spots for cops are in advance.(Dont want to make it an expensive night if I can avoid it)
I feel that a good cruise can be meet if ALL areas of arranging it are done thoroughly and respectfully. Only then will ppl appreciate the time and effort gone into organising well planned meets like we've had in the past. And we can do our part as participants to the cruise by helping out with things like.....I dont know.....flyers, emails, word of mouth, etc,etc. Best to use a bit of discernment when inviting certain ones to avoid crazy like behavior on the cruise.
I do believe we can make this the best cruise yet!

my 2c

blueoval
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 00:45   #9 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

I'm against advertising in the trader.
If cops are now days using forums to find and defect cars (see performance forums) I doubt they would have any trouble with looking through the trader for easy pickings.
Now I know most of our cars are up to scratch but do you really want to risk it?
I'll be up for the cruise for sure.
Name a date so I can book annual leave, God knows I don't want to be working on the day.
Old 04-17-2003, 01:09   #10 (permalink)
Serving Defect #3

No offence taken...

For me it appears it doesn't matter how much notice is given, people will always pull out at the last minute.
Look at how many people said they would attend the Dyno day(20 something i think) and 10 people attended in the end.

IMO i don't think it is worth the hassle of mapping out a cruise route etc etc when half the people who say they will be there either pull out at the last minute or just never rock up.

I am all for cruises and meets, and have enjoyed most of the events thus far, but to me there isn't enough interest amongst the other Adelaide members to warrant meets on any kind of regular basis.

Am I wrong?

The expressions of interest versus the actual attendees tell's me im right.
fordfan351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia