Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Other Car Event - Show N Shine

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 1 5.6%

[SA] Next Event (with poll this time)

4K views 46 replies 16 participants last post by  blueoval 
#1 ·
Just thinking about what I'd like to do next as an event after the Drift day.

We need to plan the 'larger' events months in advance. We do this to give everyone enough notice, drum up as many numbers as possible therefore ensuring the success of the event, we need time to pick the event (so everyones happy) and the outing that need planning, need lots of planning which takes a shitload of time and effort!

So having said that, what do you guys want to do next?

Personally I wouldnt mind having another Dyno Day soon (dammit I want fastest I6!). Also karting could be some fun!

#3 ·
Im happy with a maybe a day cruise or should I say, an afternoon cruise leading into something fun for the evening!

Say for instance we have a general cruise out to chain of ponds and the like, then say we all meet at a restaurant for a meal and get to know each other, say a place like charlies diner in brighton or salisbury (if there is one), then perhaps cap the night off with another cruise around semaphore and meet up at a pool hall somewhere. (either chalkers @ the bay or the poolroom @ Norwood like last time)

This is just a suggestion, and I realise most people wouldnt be able to afford to do all those things in one day.

The thought of Dyno Day 3 sounds intriging also. But Im not sure all of us have mad that many significant mods since last time.

Go Karting wouldnt be a bad idea either, costly but not bad.

Drag Racing, well unless you want to pay extra for the Saturday Night meet, the only other meet is the Wednesday and during the working week isnt good for some. So a decent turnout may not happen.

Night cruises seem to work at the moment, given we give people plenty of time to prepare.

But someone else may have a better idea.

#6 ·
There is another Wednesday night Street Drag meet coming up in June, and I really wanna get out there.

I agree with what Shav said about the dyno day, not a lot of us have done major mods.

Go-Karting would be good, with maybe a mini-enduro like we discussed before. Paintballing is another thing I would like to do. A day meet would be something we haven't done much as well, get some good photos, and do a bit more of a hills run.

I don't really care what it is, they're all good fun.

#13 ·
:eek:

What happened? Are you ok, and is the car repairable??

#18 ·
I've discussed this with Aaron and Walkinshaw about Paintballing. Costly but fun, could always car pool there too.

Karting is good also. If you buy your kart license u get a good deal with 40 laps too. Mine will need renewing soon too.

Drag meet would be wicked. Ill hafta organise with work, 2 weeks in advance though, as i'm having a fair bit of time off due to upcoming shows with my band.

Day cruise would be good. I'll be able to schmoke-um-up and get a decent vid out of it.

Regards

Mick.

#21 ·
karting karting karting karting karting! closely followed by paintball.
but as Aaron said, they're all fun. i reckon meet up somewhere during the day, get photos etc, bit of a short cruise, then off to karting for a hell-thrash, then a good evening/night cruise. make a day of it.

#22 ·
Saturday cruise would be great... great for me to.. then one if the country members (myself) could get involved.. i reckon that there are not to many members from the country.. anyway saturday/saturday night would be a great..

cheers,
Country Bum! Rob

#25 ·
Well, the next AIR Wednesday night Street Meet is on June 16th. Who wants to go out, and actually go out this time???

I know that the AIR Drag meet didn't win the voting poll, but this is the last Wednesday night meet for the season, and i'm sure everyone would prefer to run on a wednesday night with minimal crowd than on a saturday meet, against 11 second V8's etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.