Ford Forums banner

Singleton Street Machines Show & Christmas Party 13th & 14th December 03

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  k1w1Dave 
#1 ·
Singleton Street Machines Show & Christmas Party 13th & 14th December 03

Show 'n' Shine and Events Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th

This event promises to be one of the biggest events held in Newcastle this year.

The event is being run by the Singleton Street Machines club as part of their 5th Annual Show 'n' Shine, an event that is growing bigger and better every year.

This year in addition to the usual Show 'n' Shine and Sound Off, additional events are to be run including Grass Events (Spear a Spud and Motorkhana), Live Band Entertainment and Overnight Camping. See the attachments for more details.

We have been invited by the Singleton Street Machines club to participate in all events along side their club. Our members have also been offered a discount on events if we can get some sizeable numbers participating from the club.

So as to get an idea of numbers, I would therefore like to ask interested members to complete the attached entry form and post to the FPV-Tickford Club of NSW - Newcastle Branch post box: PO Box 8 Wickham NSW 2293. But at this stage do not send any money as we are likely to get a discount, so the final price will be determined later.

Also reply to this thread when the entry form has been completed signed and sent.

The itinerary for each day has not be finalised by the Singleton Street Machines Club, but I have been told that the Show 'n' Shine is on the Saturday and the Grass Events and an Unjudged Car Display are on the Sunday. I will post up the itinerary when available.

As a reminder, we are not allowed to take any of our own alcohol to any of these events, but I have been assured that alcohol prices are to be close to retail. This is a requirement that has been imposed on the Singleton Street Machines club in hosting the events.

All members from FPV-Tickford Club of NSW and branches are welcome.

Christmas Party Saturday Night 13th

As well as this above event, we are also taking the opportunity to have a club Christmas party.

Because this is your party, I would like some feedback as to how and where you would like to have the Christmas party in Singleton.

Some possibilities include (but not limited to) are a spit roast for members held at the show camping grounds to beers and dinner at one of the local motels. In fairness a majority vote will rule.

We are strongly encouraging members who are attending the Christmas party to organise sleeping arrangements in Singleton.

For this members have basically two options, which we will both run:

1. For those that want to rough it and take the cheaper alternative, camp at the Singleton show ground. For this we hope to get members grouped together and hopefully roped off. Note there are some powered sites available.

Again, hold off on payment for now for the camping sites, because we may be able to negotiate a discount off the price. But complete the form and return to the FPV-Tickford Club of NSW - Newcastle Branch post box: PO Box 8 Wickham NSW 2293, so we can get ideas of numbers.

2. For others, stay at one of the motels in Singleton. We have already negotiated a 20% discount off the standard room rate at the motel: Charbonnier Hallmark Inn phone number (02) 6572 2333.

With discount, price will be $108 per standard room per night. We also have the option to get a 15% discount off dining in the restaurant.

I have been told that there is no deadline to book at the motel, but of course the earlier you book the more likely you can get a room. Remember to mention you are from the club and confirm the discount arrangement when booking.

Please make bookings and payments directly with the motel.

To give an idea of numbers, could interested members please reply to this thread and suggest your idea for the Christmas party as well as indicate your likely sleeping arrangement.

All members from FPV-Tickford Club of NSW and branches are welcome.

Cheers Ben
Newcastle Events

See less See more
#7 ·
MercSilvXR6 is correct, there is a few dinner options available to us which will be discussed at our meeting this Wednesday (tommorow). So it is critical we get most of the members attending the meeting.

In relation to bookings, get in now and book (if you havent already), the motel will not hold rooms but has assured me there should be room as they have 70 rooms (sounds alot I know). Remember to quote the discount and note you are from the club.

Cheers Ben

#8 ·
Hey ya Ben,

I'm in and booked,,, bring on the suite!
So, I take it that if Mickey and I are going, and I'm not getting there til Saturday afternoon, but I'm going in the grass events... It will cost me $30 entry? (Mickey & me),
$15 grass event and $30 per shirt (want to be bloody good T's at $30, let me tell ya)
So all up $45 plus t-shirts and accommodation.

See ya there.

cheers
Kevin

#11 ·
:edit: :edit: :edit: :edit: :edit: :edit: :edit: :edit: :edit: :edit:

Singleton Street Machines Show & Christmas Party 13th & 14th December 03 - Finalised details

Friday

All campers are advised to setup on the Friday, instead of the Saturday to secure a site, but by no earlier than 5:00pm.

Campers are required to complete the entry form (see attachment in post 1) and fees are $15 (sorry couldn't get a discount) for both Friday and Saturday night.

In order to attempt to get all camping sites together and to improve our setup for Saturday night, please see Dave our Secretary on arrival.

Saturday

Meet at BP Beresfield at 7:45am, leaving at 8:00am for short cruise to Singleton showground for setup of club display for Show 'n' Shine at approximately 9:00am to be completed before commencement of show at 9:30am.

Entry is $10 per car including driver (which is a discount of $5 off the entry form) plus $5 per passenger (buddie), kids free. Gold coin donation as set out on the event guide is for public non-entrants.

Please note that buddie camper’s fees differ from the entrants arriving on the day. Buddie campers are $15 for the both Friday and Saturday night which includes entry, but $10 needs to added to enter the car for the Show 'n' Shine.

Cars will be by default judged on the day, unless otherwise requested by individual members not to be judged.

Show concludes at approximately 5:00pm.

I have reserved spots for 25 cars to be shown on the day. So far I have 6 cars (including myself) confirmed as definite for Saturday. We will be shown together as a group.

Also for members that cannot get their cars in the show by 9:30 you will be able to place your cars in the club display through out the day, but please see myself or anyone else on the commitee before driving you car on to the show area, so we can determine firstly where you are to park in the display.

Saturday Night

After the conclusion of the show, those members who are booked in at Charbonnier Hallmark Inn, can make their way for check in at the motel. Others can return to campsites.

Members not yet booked in at the motel please do so ASAP to secure a room. See my first post for motel details.

Dinner will be a spit roast with salad which will be provided by the club free to members and will include at least one round of alcoholic drinks (please don't bring your own as this is prohibited) to the members, which is to be held near our camping site at the showground commencing at 6.30pm.

Showground entertainment which is available to entrants only commences at approximately 8.00pm and will go for approximately 3 hours.

Sunday

We will also be showing our cars in an unjudged and no charge club car display on the Sunday, setup will be again at 9:00am.

Grass events will also be on the Sunday, members wishing to participate can participate for $10 (which is a discount of $5 off the entry form).

Conclusion of the display will depend on the length of the grass events and crowd.

Please note I will be collecting completed entry right up to the day of each event and I will be carrying some on both days for those that require one.

Any questions feel free to ask,

Hope to see you all there for one of our biggest events of the year.

Cheers
Ben - Newcastle Events

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.