Sorrento meet reflections... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2003, 01:30   #1 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

Thumbs up Sorrento meet reflections...

Well the day certainly turned out to be everything I/we had expected, maybe a few less cars than I hoped but from what I gather some of you couldn't find your way there! The weather awesome too so that was the icing on the cake, definetly one of my favourite casual meets! LTDHO what happened to ya?

What was everyone else's thoughts?

Hope to see some pics soon!

Old 03-16-2003, 01:33   #2 (permalink)
E-Series Cameraman

Bloody great event. Good turn out, good weather, good location, good people. I can't be bothered uploading all my photos, but I might if I have nothing else to do lol...

EFFalcon's pics are already up. I think the link is www.effalcon.com/pics/sorrento

Alex
The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 01:47   #3 (permalink)

Ahhhh spewin!! Sorry I didnt make it all the way guys.
There I was waiting on Frankston Dandy RD for the Convoy to cruise past when a white EB wagon pulls up about 200m in front of me. Looked like my Missus so i drove up and yep, it was. Her mother had just rang and her old man died this morning. :( Just then, I see everyone cruise past!!! F@#K!! So i talked to her for a while she kept telling me to go but I couldnt leave her alone after findin that out!
Hope you all had a Good day and I wish I could have made it. Ill be there for the next 1 tho.

PHoeNiX_

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
PHoeNiX_EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 02:37   #4 (permalink)
E-Series Cameraman

Sorry to hear about that Phoenix, I reckon I would've stayed with the Mrs if something like that happened. It was a fantastic meet, but priorities first :)

Alex
The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 02:49   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I absolutely loved this meet. It is definitely my favorite meet.

Definitely, the highlight of the day was the cruise back. Thrashing Dougs car all the way back and three of us (SPHELL, Thanatos and Jack) lined it up at the lights. God that was some awesome fun!

Jack you are a full sick ****(tm). I always imagined you as a Grandma Driver but you were hammering today!

I also yelled out "You dropped your wallet" to numerous bike riders and even had a kiss blown to me from a nice chick walking down Stud Road (I soooo should have got her number!)

Cheers to Doug for taking me down.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 02:55   #6 (permalink)

Thanks Alex. Still, i was spewin. If only u guys had drove past 5 min earlier. I also saw sphell drive past about 10 min later and Karen was saying to go but i couldnt :(

PHoeNiX_
PHoeNiX_EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 02:58   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Yeah it was good fun, glad I went.

Pity I got cut off at the lights coming out of the plaza.

Ah well
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 03:26   #8 (permalink)
EFXR62

man, this meet was awesome! i was able to bring my car, which was a bonus.. I saw alot of new faces, and i was glad to meet everyone there..

The BBQ was great, even though it took 3 hours to cook my frozen steak!

All up was a great event, big thanks goes out to jack and the club for organising a great event!

Can't wait for the next one guys, bring it on! :)
Old 03-16-2003, 03:49   #9 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

biggrin

Yer it seems like on the way to cruises everyone tries to stay in a nice straight line while keeping within the speed limit, it's only on the way back that everyone starts thrashing there cars trying to get ahead of one another! Hehe would've been a cool sight to see a whole pack of EA's overtaking ya on either side!

The meets have only made me love E series cars even more, anyone who hasn't been to a meet yet NEEDS to go, best inspiration you can get! If you limit yourself to just reading the forums your more likely to get discouraged due to the subjects being mainly about problems with our cars. Meets are a chance to really appreciate the hard work people put into there beloved Fords!

I know that I'm gunna be a busy little bee working on the car to get it ready for next time!

I stand corrected on my previous statements that the club is erroding away, it's definetly bigger and stronger than ever, and I can only see it getting better and better...
Old 03-16-2003, 03:59   #10 (permalink)
400 kg ego

A most enjoyable day - thanks to all who attended and those who contributed to the organisation of the event. Also great to meet you in person Lukey! Hope you enjoyed yourself.

Trent, sorry to hear about what happened - but don't worry about the cruise, there's always next time.

Sunny, I normally am a Grandma Driver«. But I was just testing out the equipment.

Anyway, my pictures can be found below:

http://ford.i8.com/030316/photogalle...16130/real.htm

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia