Summernats 2005 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2004, 21:00   #1 (permalink)
Plastic Not Classic

Summernats 2005

Hi All

I as many of you would have posted off their Summernats rego form this week. My events include Motorkhana and Sound Off.

What events has everyone else chosen and do we have any ideas as to making our club display effective for the show and shine etc.

-Jordo
Fatboy69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2004, 02:14   #2 (permalink)
Bucknaked Is My Real Name

Re: Summernats 2005

I never entered. I was going too and I think the plan was too have a club display, but the guys at the nats are too tuff on the new cars. I know one member put in his entry form, but got rejected. I'm not sure what car you have, but good luck getting it in if its a standard XR.
bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 15:56   #3 (permalink)
FPV-XR Owners ACT Events

I got mine in. You need to put as much info as possible on the sheet and you shouldnt have any problems. I didnt enter anything though, just there as a club display.

*~NUDGE~*
FPV&XR Owners Club of A.C.T. Events Manager

99AU Fairmont - Talon Bodykit, T3 Wing, DBA Rotors, XHP Saber Mags, K&N Airfilter,CAI with Tickford XR8 Air Intake, Pacemaker Headers, 2 1/2" Exhaust sytem, H/F Cat, Lowered 2" with Konis,44mm Whiteline Swaybars, Stage 2 Crow Camshaft, Unichiped to 130rwkw
Nudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 16:07   #4 (permalink)
www.fpvxrclubact.com

I am putting both cars in today or tomorrow, i always put down the grass events just incase i feel like going in them.
Nudge is right in what he is saying,put as much detail as possible, they go off your entry form to see if it is good enough, so if you dont have the info on there they wont know how good it is and will knock it back.

Hoops
Old 07-29-2004, 00:22   #5 (permalink)

My form

Bog standard XR6 with T3 kit, Pursuit lip and 18 inch wheels. Will it get through. I seriously doubt it.

What else do i say. Its not worth the effort.

They don't want standard cars, they want street machines.

If we are going for a club display only, i don't really see why we have to talk up our cars. Their decision is going to be final. And I'm not sure i'm willing to kiss arse when its gonna cost me $100. Either they want the cars, or they don't.
Old 07-29-2004, 00:34   #6 (permalink)
known as tibbo

I had this arguement recently ... (not knocking anyone's ride here) BUT the Nats cars are the ULTIMATE street machines in the country.. I go to simply see a few of those cars that only come out for this one show.. The standard has to be very high to make it worth while for us interstaters..

ChequeBook racers and Factory rockets are not really encouraging creativity, innovation and fabrication imo

They have a certain criteria that you must meet in all of the categories to be considered worthy....
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 00:52   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceCraft
I had this arguement recently ... (not knocking anyone's ride here) BUT the Nats cars are the ULTIMATE street machines in the country.. I go to simply see a few of those cars that only come out for this one show.. The standard has to be very high to make it worth while for us interstaters..

ChequeBook racers and Factory rockets are not really encouraging creativity, innovation and fabrication imo

They have a certain criteria that you must meet in all of the categories to be considered worthy....
I have to agree with RaceCraft the newer cars are nice but thats not what the majority of people want to see.
cogo_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 19:48   #8 (permalink)
Plastic Not Classic

Yes, however more people drive falcons and commodores, thus creating more interest in modified falcons and commodores at shows.

Well for me anyway...
Fatboy69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 02:27   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceCraft

Spot on. And the organisers have to keep it tough to get in for new cars. Otherwise anyone can get in. The guys with FPV's and HSV's would flood the event. Nothing wrong with seeing a GTP or Senator, but I can see those in any ford or holden dealership. No big deal
Old 08-01-2004, 22:14   #10 (permalink)
Mate's before Date's

I got my car in
White 1995 EF Falcon GLI JMM Race Series Headers, Berkley 2.5 System JMM Ultra flow air kit, Autolite Plugs, Venom Front and Rear Bars Tickford Sideskirts 18" Wheels Lowered. Now i need my cam JMM Streetfighter
Choca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia