(SYD) Daylight to Donuts Cruise: Saturday 11th September - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2004, 05:22   #1 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

(SYD) Daylight to Donuts Cruise: Saturday 11th September

The fact sheet for this event can be found in PDF downloadable form HERE

SATURDAY SEPT. 11TH 2004

DAYLIGHT TO DONUTS CRUISE:
SILVERWATER TO LIVERPOOL VIA THE DOMAIN, BONDI BEACH, BRIGHTON LE SANDS, CRONULLA & HEATHCOTE.

GENERAL INFO:

Firstly my apologies to all for the late release of the information regarding this cruise and the subsequent last minute date change. As a companion to May’s successful Northern Beaches run, we’ll this time be heading through town and off to the Eastern and Southern beach regions for another night of cruising followed by a late night coffee and donut binge at Sydney’s newest car crazy hangout - Krispy Kremes Liverpool...

CLUB SCHEDULE:
TIME: EVENT: LOCATION:

5:30pm - Meet at Silverwater Boat Ramp - Silverwater
6:00pm - Depart Silverwater for City
6:35pm - Regroup @ Mrs Maquaries Chair - The Domain
6:50pm - Depart for Bondi Beach
7:35pm - Regroup @ La Perouse - La Perouse
7:50pm - Depart for Brighton Le Sands
8:15pm - Dinner break at Carringbah Red Rooster / McDonalds - Carringbah
9:00pm - Depart for Cronulla
9:15pm - Cruise through Cronulla - Cronulla
9:30pm - Turn onto Heathcoate Road and head for Liverpool - Heathcoate
10:00pm - Arrive Liverpool Megacentre for Krispy Kremes - Liverpool

NOTES:
· In the event of horrible weather, please call JR after 2pm on the day to confirm if it’s still on.
· This cruise is on a SATURDAY NIGHT, so please don’t call me on Sunday asking what time we start.
· Please note the directions sheet attached to this page – If you don’t have a street directory, bring it!
· Have a good idea where we’re going before you arrive, as there is bound to be traffic & we WILL get split up at lights and things like that.
· This is a long cruise, so make sure you fill up with petrol BEFORE arriving at Silverwater.
· A toilet stop for the ladies before arriving at the departure point would also be advised as toilets won’t be guaranteed till the second half of the cruise.
· This is a cruise, not a race, & the club doesn’t condone speeding. Furthermore, you don’t win a prize for getting there first. Police mobile radar & fixed speed cameras pepper this route so beware the risk to your license if you choose to speed…

CONTACTS:
· JR (Events): 0418 643 253

DIRECTIONS

· Depart Silverwater Boat Ramp carpark – Southern end of Silverwater Bridge. (UBD Map212 F7)
· Turn left onto Silverwater Road. Follow South.
· Turn left onto M4 motorway eastbound. Follow to end.
· Join Parramatta Road eastbound and follow to Wattle Street. (Stay in left lane as you approach lights)
· Turn left into Wattle Street (City-West Link). (UBD Map 234 E14)
· Follow City-West Link towards Victoria Rd. Take the left lanes underpass under Victoria Rd onto ANZAC Bridge. (UBD Map 11 P3)
· Cross Western Distributor in RIGHT HAND LANES and stay right as the road splits. Follow this into Bathurst Street.
· Take Bathurst street until it ends at Hyde Park. Turn left into Elizabeth street, then turn right at next corner into William Street.
· Turn Left again at next intersection into College Street. Go past St Mary’s Cathedral then turn right and head into the Domain.
· Follow road down to Mrs Maquaries Chair then REGROUP as parking allows on Woolloomooloo Bay side of Mrs Maquarie Road. (UBD Map 2 B15-C12)

15 MINUTE STOP TO REGROUP AND ALLOW SEPARATED & LOST MEMBERS TO CATCH UP.

· Return the way we came to College St. Now follow that South past William Street and turn Left into Oxford Street.
· Follow Oxford street east as it heads towards Bondi Junction.
· Follow the Bondi Junction Bypass and finally turn left into Old South Head Road (UBD 25 M5).
· Follow until you get to Blair Street. TURN RIGHT. Follow to end. Turn Right again. This will now take you down around Campbell Parade and Bondi Beach
· After passing Bondi Beach, follow Campbell Parade up the hill on the other side as it turns into Bondi Road.
· Turn left into Council St and follow south towards Coogee. (UBD Map257 G4)
· Follow this through 4 sets of lights. At the FIFTH set turn right into Frenchmans Road.
· Once on Frenchmans Road, turn left at the SECOND set of lights into Avoca Street.
· Now follow that South till it meets Anzac Parade.
· Head South on Anzac Parade past Long Bay Jail at Malabar.
· Just past here Anzac Parade comes to a T Intersection. TURN LEFT
· Now follow this the short distance to La Perouse where we will stop and REGROUP. (UBD 276 P15)

15 MINUTE STOP TO REGROUP AND ALLOW SEPARATED & LOST MEMBERS TO CATCH UP.
TOILETS MAY ALSO BE AVAILABLE AT THIS STOP.

· Leave La Perouse and head North. Turn left into Botany Road / Foreshore Drive. Follow to end.
· Turn left onto General Holmes Drive. PLEASE NOTE: A fixed speed camera is at the entrance to the airport tunnel. Watch your speed as you pass this point.
· Follow General Holmes Drive as it becomes The Grand Parade at Brighton Le Sands. Keep going South.
· The Grand Parade eventually turns right at San Souci and becomes Sandringham Street. Follow this to the end.
· Turn left @ lights into Rocky Point Road. Head South.
· Cross Captain Cook Bridge and keep going South.
· At the 3rd set of lights past the bridge, turn left into Koonya Circuit. You won’t miss this corner, as it’s got the Red Rooster and McDonalds on the left at the lights. (UBD Map 334 C1)

45 MINUTE DINNER BREAK
REGROUP AND ALLOW SEPARATED & LOST MEMBERS TO CATCH UP.
TOILETS AND VARIOUS FAST FOOD AVAILABLE AT THIS STOP.

· After dinner, head out onto Taren Point Road. Turn left @ first lights into Captain Cook Drive.
· Follow this past Toyota Park (home of Cronulla NRL team). PLEASE NOTE: A fixed speed camera is on this stretch of road. Watch your speed as you pass this point.
· Turn right @ the 3rd roundabout along here into Elouera Road, then left at the first street into Bate Bay Rd.
· Follow this around and into Mitchell Road – cruise down past Cronulla Beach.
· Re-join Elouera Rd and then turn right into The Kingsway.
· Follow this all the way west to the Princes Hwy. (UBD Map333 B3)
· Turn left onto the Princes Hwy and follow South (again).
· Move into right hand lanes as we go through Engadine. Turn RIGHT into Heathcote Road.
· Follow Heathcoate Road all the way to Liverpool. Take the entrance onto the M5 at Moorebank.
· Follow M5 to Hume Hwy exit at Casula. (UBD Map269 A10)
· Turn right onto Hume Hwy, and follow North through Liverpool.
· Turn left into Cumberland Hwy, then turn right at the second set of lights into the Megacentre carpark and finish the evening with coffee, donuts and a parking lot get-together at Krispy Kremes. (UBD Map249 C12)
· After this, everyone’s free to leave and make their own way home.

Cheers
Jason
(Sydney) Events
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE

Last edited by JR; 08-29-2004 at 17:13.
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2004, 06:31   #2 (permalink)

Re: Daylight to Donuts Cruise: Saturday 11th September

The Falcon SHOULD be ready by then, so it looks like I'll be there!
Old 08-29-2004, 15:32   #3 (permalink)
The new one is here...

Count me in.

If I have a burst of energy I may even wash the ute for this occasion!

EL2 XR8, White, Auto, Completely stock and the best looking Falcon ever built...
Citric XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 18:35   #4 (permalink)

Sounds like a good cruise JR but we will be in melbourne for sandown.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 21:13   #5 (permalink)
fpv pursuit no 255

cool Re: Daylight to Donuts Cruise: Saturday 11th September

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit
Sounds like a good cruise JR but we will be in melbourne for sandown.
i wish i was! u lucky bugger nathan
fpv pursuit no 255 lightning strike with leather,prem sound and no stripes, thanks to my wife mrs forte au2 . winner of the LONGEST DISTANCE TRAVELLED award all ford day albury-wodonga 2004 and maybe 2005 " my name is marcos ambrose i'm talented and i'm fast i'm here to claim victory i won't be coming last i'm am the devil racer and i am #1 so buckle up and brace yourself cause there's plenty more to come"
xr8 utey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 03:07   #6 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

This sounds like a top cruise outing. I haven't been on a cruise with the club for a while so i'm hangin for this one. Always a good cruise around the city despite traffic and a few cars getting abit lost.

Gary.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 03:07   #7 (permalink)
FPV-Tickford club NSW

Will see you all there......! Hey B-1B had better turn up aswell or he will be upset that he wont be getting some donuts.......
Old 08-30-2004, 03:10   #8 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch
Will see you all there......! Hey B-1B had better turn up aswell or he will be upset that he wont be getting some donuts.......
Hahahaha, oh don't you worry mate he'll be there, just the words starting with do don will get him there in a flash. Words of mmmmmmmm dooonuts come to mind lol.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 03:13   #9 (permalink)
waiting 4, 2nd Grandchild

aahhh, I always miss the Krispy Kreem runs, dammit

will be in melb for Sandown, mmm, thats why you're having the run then eh, so you don't have to share. Naughty boys
xrgran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 03:38   #10 (permalink)

I'll be there, Hibba will be in my car as usual.

For those who are interested in UHF's

Theres a 1 Watt Digitalk in Strathies at the moment for $54, or a uniden for $74.

I grabbed the digitalk..marked down from $129 :o
Ben Nurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia