Ford Forums banner

Sydney Cruise this weekend 15/16 March???

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  RATT 
#1 ·
Ok seems we haven't had a local cruise for a while now for the sydney and surround members. Once again i'm just throwing ideas around since I don't really have any plans this weekend.
So anyone interested in a cruise either Saturday night or sunday.

A group of people (mixed cars) are organising an open cruise on the sunday morning meeting at olympic park homebush at 9am and leaving by 10am heading to Maquarie Pass. Checkout http://www.sydcruise.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1862 for details.

Alternatively we can organise to meet somewhere saturday night and decide then where we want to go. So who's interested???

Cheers.

#2 ·
Yeah, I am in.

But not on Saturday night. I am going to the Double Header at Telstra Stadium, and I have a Corporate Box!!

Hopefully I won't be to hungover Sunday morning!!

(I have driven my car less than 100ks since I bought it, so I am keen to take it for a run)

#6 ·
how about we make it another weekend like a sunday in 2 weeks or something we could go for a cruze up into the mountains or something??

#7 ·
Well what a day, decided to go and checkout the SCR cruise and meetup in Olympic Park and there were heaps of cars. Even better that there were heaps of Fords and familiar faces from Fordforums and the FPV-Tickford Club.

Here are the Fordies that turned up and gee did we make a presence. kenoath, tickin, mr plow, stretch, xrfalcon and missxr.
Firstly i'd like to thank the organisers of SCR for hosting and organising a great cruise, i found that everyone was very friendly and sets a good example to others that car enthusiasts can still get along despite owning different brands of cars.

Anyways, heres some of the highlights. Left Olympic Park at 10am and drove via King Georges Rd to the Sutherland area. We all took it pretty easy as there was heaps of traffic and raining.
But by the time we were at teh Royal National Park oooh the fun started happening. Last time i cruised through there was in the EF wagon and "bi-croicky"(tm) the difference is dead set chalk n cheese. The XR6 handles sooooo well, i was amazed that some of the smaller cars couldn't keep up around the corners. After the twisties had finished i felt like turning around and doing the drive all over again because it was that much fun. No more just straight line strider it's twisties strider now as well i'm hooked.
:s6: :s6:
Oh yeah it was quite fun to give the hurry up to a VP Commo around the twisties. I could see him going to the limit while the XR had an abundance of grip and braking power. :fingers: :fingers:

After the Royal National Park drive, we cruised into Wollongong and stopped to gather the group. Then after that the Fordies decided to drive to Maccas for some lunch. We then headed back to the rest of the group and then were on our way to Maquarie Pass. Stopped at a pie shop there then headed home via the hume. Overall a very top and satisfying cruise.

#11 ·
Yeah, that was a great run.

First time I have been on a run, and first good run I have given my new Falcon.

Pity I got stuck behind a slow car for the first twisty bit. But, I got past that Festiva, and started to have some fun. A Forte is NOT set up to go around corners fast. But, I was still pushing a AU XR8 through some fast twistys. Which the driver was not happy about.

The run up the hill would of been better if we were again not stuck behind a slow car. But, it is a public road, and we do have to behave ourselves. But, it was worth being behind Stretch, and that lovely sounding Black XR8.

A good day.

#13 ·
saleen1 said:
didn't get stuck behind any sloths.
I'll make more of an effort to come to the next one! heh :s6: :wavey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.