Editor on P Plates
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Express Publications, Sydney.
(Sydney) Singleton Cruise to watch Hidden Valley V8's - Sunday, 23rd May
SUNDAY MAY 23RD 2004
CRUISE TO SINGLETON TO WATCH V8 SUPERCAR CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND 4: HIDDEN VALLEY RACEWAY
For the 3rd year running the club will be heading up the Putty Road to Singleton to watch Round 4 of the V8Supercar Championship from Hidden Valley, NT. The V8Supercar website lists the 2004 race format as one 20 minute race on Saturday 22nd, and two 100km races with a telecast starting at 2:30pm on the Sunday.
TIME: EVENT: LOCATION:
8:00am - Meet at Power Ford for breakfast BBQ before departure - Castle Hill
9:00am - Depart Power Ford. Head to Windsor Road and out to Windsor.
9:30am - Regroup @ McDonalds / Winford Motors. 230 Windsor Road. - McGraths Hill
9:45am - Depart for Singleton.
1:00pm - Arrive Royal Hotel. New England Highway (84 George St) - Singleton
5:00pm - Depart Singleton for return trip to Sydney
The breakfast BBQ is free and there are no toll roads on the trip, so the only costs for the day will be your fuel (many will need to refuel before the return trip to Sydney) and whatever lunch and your own drinks cost you at the Bistro/Pub…
· Please confirm attendance so Power Ford can cater the BBQ Breakfast…
· It will be ON, rain, hail or shine.
· This cruise starts EARLY, so please don’t have a big night on Saturday then complain if you sleep in and miss the start time.
· Please note that directions will be given on the day for those who’ve never been up the Putty Road.
· If you have a UHF (CB) Radio, please bring it along – the club communicates en-rout on channel 14.
· This is a long cruise, so make sure you fill up with petrol BEFORE arriving at Power Ford. If you need to fill up on-route, we won’t stop & you’ll need to catch up.
· This is a cruise, not a race, & the club doesn’t condone speeding. Furthermore, you don’t win a prize for getting there first. Highway Patrol are a known presence on the Putty Road, and Police mobile radar in Metro and regional areas are prolific. Beware the risk to your license if you choose to speed…
· JR (Events): 0418 643 253
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
Last edited by JR; 05-01-04 at 10:43 PM.