Ford Forums banner

Thumbs up to the BA XR8 cruise at Wellington Point

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  COBRA207 
#1 ·
I passed you all (whoever you are) going home on Saturday Afternoon about 5:15pm.

First there was a Gold coloured XR8 (Om my god thats an a XR8!)

Then there was a AUIII XR8 with big chrome mags (oh look another one)

Then there was an BA XR8 ute (quick turn the radio off I wanna hear this)

Then there was a GT... OMG

Then there was another BA XR8 and it was gunning it... (THe sound!!)

I beeped my horn and waved but I don't think they saw me :whatever:

Thumbs up - you all looked great!

#2 ·
Hi there 94ED_Fairmont,

That was the QLD XR Club on our annual Cruise 'n Bowl afternoon. Glad you liked the convoy mate ... the coastal Bay Cruise is a great route, from Redland Bay to Cleveland, Wellington Point to Wynnum and up over the Gateway Bridge.

The GT & GT-P are long term members, and were taking theirs out on the first Cruise for the Cars. The Acid Rush BA XR8 you saw .. the BOS as we call it .. was leading the Cruise.

Next Cruise will be up to Redcliffe on Easter Sunday for the Falcon Spectacular. Come up for a drive if you're not doing anything else, and say G'day. :)

#3 ·
Thanks for the acknowledgment CYA, you were truely amazing site to see.

I'm already heading to Mt Tamborine on Sunday with the E-Series club. I'd love to come and see those machines in the flesh, but my ED might not fit in hehehe. I'd have to convince my mate to take me in his Modded XR6T, that would stir the pot a little hehehe.

One day when I grow up (only 21) I will have one.

Till then, hope to run into you on the road sometime!! :s3

#4 ·
Hey there CYA what time and were does your cruise start from??

Do you think my Cobra would fit in with your crowd??

It's kinda hard for me to find friend's for it in it's own age group.lol

Cheer's

Nathan

p.s. my avatar is a pic of my Cobra.

#5 ·
Hi there Cobra207,

Well, if it were up to me, and the Club didn't have entry parameters requiring ownership of either XR's, Tickford GT's, T-Series or FPV cars, you'd be in like Flynn!

But not to worry, there are a couple of Car Clubs that you would fit into in an instant .. especially one - the Falcon Cobra Car Club - which is tailored to your particular needs regarding parts, fabrications, advice etc.
I'm not sure of their contact details, but they can be found in the Club section of magazines like Performance Ford or Unique Cars etc.
The other would be the Ford Performance Car Club, but I have not heard of their details for a while now here in QLD ... same deal, check in the Club sections to see if they are still around.

The Falcon Cobra Club nearly always attends the All Ford Day up here at the Kedron AFL grounds, and this year, will be held the weekend before the Queensland 300, so if you have had no luck in contacting them before then, rock on up to the day and I'm sure you will find them there!

Cheers,

David :)

#7 ·
You haven't seen my car punting around have you? You couldn't miss that croud, loud, proud and had their driving lights on! Oh and the sound of all those BOSS motors!!

I think they were all manuals too. :running:

#9 ·
I am in Birkdale too, not far past the shops near the train line. Third on the right, opposite the arse end of Aquatic Paradise.

I just came back from a cruise to the point, had to try out my new exhaust. :twitch:

#10 ·
Thank's for that CYA, yeah I'm a member of the Cobra Club but it's realy hard to get the other Cobra owner's to bring their's out, don't know why though, I say if you can afford to buy it, be proud and drive it. I was at the ALL FORD DAY in Kedron last year but there was only myself and another guy that had just finished re-building and painting his Cobra, unfortunately he had painted some of it incorectly but he still took out the trophy.

Thank's again.

Nathan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.