Ford Forums banner

TOCNSW Annual Bathurst Cruise

4K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  Steve's XR8 
#1 ·
Hello All,

The TOCNSW will be having our Annual Bathurst Cruise on Sunday 18th August.
We will meet at Penrith around 9AM, grab some photo's of the cruise group and plan to leave around the 9.30 - 10 AM mark.
We will make a quick stop a Lithgow for refreshments etc, then kick on the to Bathurst to pick up some of the local members and then push onto the famous mountain hopefully for a legal lap or six.
We will stop at McPhillamy Park for some more group photo's.
Then we will head down to a Pub in town somewhere, grab some lunch and hopefully cheer the Fords to victory at Winton.
We had 23 cars last year, and hopefully we can improve the numbers this year.

Details.
Meeting Point.
9 - 9.30 AM
160 Station St Penrith (Ultra Service Car Park)
Jim will open up his shop for us and put on Coffee/ tea and biscuits. Special thanks to Jim for doing this, as he will not be joining us for the cruise.

Departure for Bathurst.
9.45 AM sharp.
Take Mulgoa Rd to Western Hwy, then head to Old Bathurst Rd and stop outside servo for those who may need fuel.
Follow Old Bathurst Rd until we re-join Gt Western Hwy.
Head for Lithgow.

We will stop for a 15 min break on the Gt Western Hwy outside the Kentucky Fried at Lithgow. This will be a toilet break and meeting point for country members.

Head to Bathurst.
We will stop just before the town to meet up with the local members, and cruise through the main street to show off our toys then head on the track entrance.

Once we are all settled and have a few "LEGAL" laps under our belt we can meet up at McPhillamy for a group shot or 6. Bring your camera's.

Lunch.
When we leave the famous hill we are heading down to the Knickerbocker Hotel in William St Bathurst (road that leads into track from township). They will leave the bistro open late for us and will put the big screen TV on Ch10 to watch the V8's from Winton.

After completion of races, we can cruise back to Sydney with big smiles on our faces from another Ford win.

If you are interested, please post your name here and we will make sure you are kept up to date.

Hope you can all come along and enjoy the day.

Steve.

See less See more
#4 ·
Oooh yeah count me in as well. I went to last years one, first Tickford cruise for me and i loved it, i was hooked.

Can't wait to stretch the legs of the XR on the fast open roads. :s5 :s5

#8 ·
stretch said:
Yeah g'day there Steve you can count myself and Cara for this one,cant wait till then,see you all there.

Are you going to put the KA in the boot? We could see what lap times we could manage! Shouldn't laugh, Angie and I nearly bought one last week. Thankfully, we picked up a new Laser instead. I couldn't resist the ricer XR4 badges on the side!

#9 ·
Count me in too if the weather's good.

I've never been to Bathurst before. How far is it?

#10 ·
Ahh you're in for a treat then Andy.

it's roughly 160kms away and will take around 21/2 - 3hrs depending on who's leading.

#18 ·
dkmaj, I think it will be hard to miss us! hehehehe

#20 ·
maybe a good meeting point would the large truckstop/garage at Raglan some 5kms shy of the bathurst township, chance to refuel (they have PULP) hit the toilets and get set for the parade thru bathurst...

#24 ·
I will be there.

If any club members have UHF CB Radio's bring them along, as there will be a few members using them.

For those of you who ordered handheld CB's off me at last nights meeting - I will have them on sunday for you. They take 4 * AAA batteries so bring some batteries with you.

#26 ·
HI Steve & everyone
The wife (Boss) wont let me out to play this weekend.
Unfortunatly the three of us wont be going. Just got way TOOOOOO much to do before the big move & not enough time to do it. But we'll be there for the big race.:s6: :s6: :s6:
Have a great time though. (I sure you will)

:CU: :CU: :CU:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.