Ford Forums banner

Unofficial meet, October 11

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Troutman 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Well as it turns out, only one Ford showed up, and it wasn't even me! The meeting place was close enough so that I didn't need to take my car (I only planned to attend the meet).

An unexpected visitor was the green supercharged ED that many of us will remember as one of the stars of the June 23 all-Ford event in Bob Jane Stadium car park. Currently it is running stock wheels all round due to one of its usual alloys being repaired. It looks almost stock at the moment, but the Commodore guys recognised the supercharger whistle as it pulled up. Quite a sleeper.

Anyway, I have learned from this event. I don't think I'll be half-heartedly advertising events like this in the future, because the chances are we won't get a much better turn-out. Jason, owner of the CCC, has kindly assured me that we are invited to all of their events, so anyone interested in attending an official or unofficial CCC event, please keep an eye on their forums.

http://www.commodoreclub.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi

More dedicated Holden/Ford events are currently in the planning stage.

#5 ·
Damn, it's a bit of a shame that no-one showed up...

I was gonna come, but as I went to buy McDonalds for lunch yesterday (in between cleaning the car in preparation for the cruise) the water pump spat coolant all over the bottom of my driveway. NOT HAPPY JAN!!!

Anyways, she's all fixed now, so it's all good. But I'm dying to go to one of these commodore meets, but something always goes wrong!!! :-(

Dave

#6 ·
D'oh!!!

Well the next one is an official meet, and you'll find details here:

http://www.commodoreclub.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Cruiseup;action=display;num=1034388833

To summarise:

DATE: SATURDAY 19/10/02
TIME: 8:30PM MEET, 9:30PM DEPART
MELWAYS: 48 D2

I expect to be there in some form - possibly in my friend's VS. I'm hesitant to make a new thread about it because I feel bad about last night, when the ED showed up and there were no other Fords. :(

#7 ·
Ok, count me in (baring any unforseen mechanical breakdowns!!!).

A friend of mine is also eager to come along, so I'll see if he's free. It'd be nice to get a few fords coming along, so this sort of scenario doesn't happen again....

I must say, that if there had to be only one ford there to represent us, what better than that ED???

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.