Ford Forums banner

V8 Supercar Rnd 2 - PHILLIP ISLAND

2K views 22 replies 4 participants last post by  tickford2001 
#1 ·
Well folks, round 2 of the big boys is coming round mighty fast! Just thought id start a thread to find out who is going, and maybe organise a convoy of FordForumers to the island.

I could think of nothing better than seeing a long line of fantastic looking fords making their way accross the bridge onto the island at sunrise!

Maybe meet at Cranbourne or somewhere like that??? Im hearing a maccas breakfast at Cranbourne calling me before a big day of V8 rumble :bs3:

I will be coming from Warrnambool, so anyone going from Geelong way leave a post and we could travel together from geelong onwards.

Any thoughts / plans / etc.?????

Of course, we would all have to have our FF stickers clearly displayed! Maybe have some available on the day someone???

#3 ·
okay...sunrise might be cutting it a bit fine!

most likely be the sunday. is anyone else going to the island!???? there has gotta be more die hard ford fans making the trip...

#5 ·
for those who are wondering, the round at PI is on the 13th and 14th of April (thats right, less than 2 weeks!). Cmon everyone, our blokes need all the support they can get!

#7 ·
yep no worries carolyn, sounds like a plan. what time do you like to get to the track? i usually try to be there by 9 at the latest.

how long from cranbourne to the island? i cant remember

is the other person coming with you in your car, or got their own car?

#9 ·
lets make it 7:30 at cranbourne maccas then. ill be there a bit earlier for a feed! i guess we should go on sunday because its only qualifying on saturday...the gloves come off on sunday!

anyone else coming? not a very big cruise at the minute!

everyones welcome...

#13 ·
okay, well i guess im coming! whats everyone driving? I will either be in my EA or my parents EL XR. And ill be munching on a mcmuffin with bacon and sausage!

#14 ·
oh and where bouts does everyone like to park at the track? i usually park on the hill near the main straight so if it rains i still can get a good view from the car!

#17 ·
carolyn said:
I'll be in my cute little pink hyundae.
maybe i should bring my gf's blue accent then! ***cringe***

#19 ·
great stuff pearly - see ya there!

you bringin the XF???

#21 ·
good stuff! how you going XA??? you gonna make it?

#23 ·
Just re-capping for anyone interested in coming...we will be meeting at maccas car park in cranbourne for a 7:30 leave (latest!) so be there about 7:15 or so probably better. Cost to enter the event is 35 bucks, and pit access is an extra 15.

See ya tomorrow. My number is 0407 876 931 if you need to get in touch...i can receive sms too which is better because i will be driving from 4 am!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.