Ford Forums banner

V8's at Eastern Creek

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Steve's XR8 
#1 ·
Has anything formal been organised for one or both days at Eastern Creek? Last year we were invited to turn up and were offered cut price tickets.

Is anything happening this year??

Salada

Jimbaddy

#6 ·
Just to give you a warning so there are no disappointments on the day, if your name is not on the initial list of 20 people who put their names down for EC, you will have to pay whatever cost there is to get in. We could not secure more than 20 free tickets considering this is not a Ford-sponsored event.

We will be meeting at the Pitstop Cafe at 6am sharp. We need to get good spots for the day, so please make sure that you are there at 6am.

Cheers!

#7 ·
Nick,

Don't know if my name would be on the list, coz I've missed the last 2 Club meetings. Always was going to be there.

Any'ow, if I could make a suggestion........Last year we all parked on the turn leading on to the main straight. It was cool, coz we hung out with the GT owners club, and therefore had a very large Ford contingent all in the one spot. However, its a pretty hopeless corner to view the action from. Further down the straight, there is a high point which allows you to see pretty much the same action as you can see from the top corner, but you can also see the big video screen to see all the action on the rest of the circuit. It's just a thought, but for those that really want to see all of the action, it's got to be the go. If we are to get there at 6am (are you serious ???), then we can be the first to line up at the entrance gate, get in first, rope off our area, (for those few late comers) and away we go.

Salada

Jimbaddy

#8 ·
Sounds like a good idea Jim, we also used the hill at the main straight corner and we could do with a better view! See if we can grab that area.

#9 ·
Hey All...
Anyone planning to go on the Saturday, we will have to pay to get in but we will try and have the cars set up somewhere at the top of the main straight on display, so when you get to the gate tell them your with the club and hopefully they will let you through.....

Ben...

#11 ·
Welcome, look forward to meeting you....
As is in the other thread.... try to drive into the gates that lead into the track area, tell security your with the club and you should be able to park up the top of the main straight with the rest of us....

Incase needed..

My number 0409122763
Ben..

#12 ·
Programme Sales

I have a bit of a request for those going on Sunday.
My son's Joey Scout Group (aged 6-8) will be selling Offical Programmes to assist with raising funds.
Would those who are going please hold off buying their programmes & I will make sure that programmes are 'personally delivered' to the XR Club encampment.
This will mean that we will be doing our part to shape the minds of tomorrow into their correct Ford lovin' form & assist with raising much needed funds for a worthy cause.:s6:

#15 ·
Well - yesterday went pretty well.

We had a good turn out, but the display wasnt quite what we were hoping for (instead of having our own area, we got a few rows with the rest of the parked cars ?!?)

at least we were right near the action. (we roped off a large area and put up 2 tents for club members to sit and watch the races)

We had a special guest visitor to our club area - just after the 1st race, craig lowndes came up to say hi, and to sign a few autographs. Steve's (steve's xr8) brother (a holden man) kindly took a few photos with my camera of craig with the club, and I will be putting those pics up today.

A big thanks to ford for giving us tickets, and sweet talking craig into visiting us!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.