Ford Forums banner

VIC: mod day/bbq at Rob's place?

9K views 125 replies 23 participants last post by  MADNC_8 
#1 · (Edited)
***EDIT*** FINAL DETAILS BELOW ***EDIT***

It's about 90% sure I'll get the money for the BBM/Thermofan/EEC V conversion, so hopefully it'll go ahead. :)

Now the other part, I might need a bit of a hand doing it all. Well I'm sure I could pull it off but rather be sure.

Soooooo, who wants a shindig at my place? If you've got your own stuff to do you're quite welcome, wish I could say I've got a great set of tools but well, I don't. But you're more than welcome to use my driveway/the street. Should have space for at least 3 cars to be worked on in the driveway, one on the lawn if we need it and a whole street to park in.

And I'll whack the bbq on towards the end of the day if anyone wants to stay for a feed after.

Most likely be a Saturday (I've got the house to myself til about 6), late March/early April. I'm in Dingley, melways page 88. Any dates good/bad?

Oh, and if anyone who has a torque wrench and wants to bring it. you're MORE than welcome ;)

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a torque wrench and live at the other end of the freeway (Frankston) :). Sounds like a good idea as I have never met anyone off these forums and I would like to do so and share some thoughts and ideas.

#8 ·
Alright, how do these dates sound?

Saturday 27th March
Saturday 3rd April

Let me know which one is better and we'll go from there I spose.

#11 ·
Looks like it's the 3rd, I've just been informed it's my grandma's birthday the weekend before lol

And seems the 3rd is only my ex's birthday, it's clear.

#15 ·
Someone bring an engine crane so Wayne and myself can swap our's over.

#17 ·
Alright, I spose it's time to finalise the details!

Date;

Saturday 3rd April

Time;

Rock up about 10-11am, I'll be out working on getting the existing manifold/rocker cover off, so no need to wait for me. I'll whack the BBQ on and call it a day when it gets dark, you're free to stay or bugger off then.

PM me if you're coming for sure, just so I can get rough numbers for some meat. Sangers and hamburgers with some breed do the trick? I'll give you my mobile number/address via PM too.

Probably room for about 10 cars tops, don't wanna piss the neighbours off TOO much.

My tools list at the moment (I'll probably have more by then);

Complete screwdriver set
Complete metric/imperial socket set
Multigrips, pliers and the like.

Impressive hey? Not.

If anyone wants to do any mods, just gimme a yell what so I know if I'll need to grab anything special.

#18 ·
I'm still interested in attending. However, work is pending, but I will ask for that off tonight which shouldn't be a problem...

Can I ask how much all the parts needed for the thermofan/BBM conversion would set one back?

Also wondering whether anyone is interested in installing a set of superlows? ;) I'd love to learn.

Cheers.

#19 ·
No idea on cost yet, I'm out price hunting the week after next.

#20 ·
I'd certainly like to attend, if only to meet some of you guys and to see Rmyers EA-EF MPFI conversion first hand :) I'm in Elwood, so no problems for me.

#21 ·
I might come along :)
might use the day to change my interiors over assuming i have all the parts out
lay down the power window wiring, new carpet, put leather in :D

#22 ·
spope said:
I'd certainly like to attend, if only to meet some of you guys and to see Rmyers EA-EF MPFI conversion first hand :) I'm in Elwood, so no problems for me.
Find an EA multipoint ECU and you can just whack the parts from my car into your's as I pull them out :p

#24 ·
Find an EA multipoint ECU and you can just whack the parts from my car into your's as I pull them out
For real? No probs getting the ecu, I've got a great wrecker round the corner from work. If that's the case, I'll be there will bells on. My EA's not much to look at at the moment, but give me time. ;)

#25 ·
I should be able to make this one as well, I haven't taken the ol' crate out to meet you blokes for almost a year now I think! Probably the only things I'll have to install on the day might be a new fridge and 3rd battery, but as always that depends on monetary situations :)

Alex

#26 ·
I would like to come to this one! I have one thing to do on mine and I'll have to remove the dash for this one. I may or may not do it. I would like to change over the Recirc Flap.

If not, I can lend my hands if someone needs help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.