Warrnambool Drags - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2004, 02:15   #1 (permalink)
ignorance is bliss

Warrnambool Drags

Hi all, our next meeting is to be held Sunday January 23rd @ Warrnambool City Dragway. Gates open 7am racing from 9am. $50 to compete, $10 to spectate. After computer dramas with our timing gear, we have brand new latest edition software and control box on its way to us now from the good ol US of A. New software accurate to .00001 seconds, no burnout comp @ this event as after last times dramas we are concentrating on the racing first. See www.warrnambooldrags.com or post/pm me if you want any further info. Hope to see you there Darren
clevokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2004, 02:28   #2 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

Re: Warrnambool Drags

ok cool. apart from the tar melting what other dramas were there with the burnouts? hopefully you get them back soon as a lot of spectators enjoyed it.
anyway i should be there again...as a spectator again.
maybe a burnout comp AFTER all the racing is done?
Old 12-26-2004, 05:49   #3 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevokid
Hi all, our next meeting is to be held Sunday January 23rd @ Warrnambool City Dragway. Gates open 7am racing from 9am. $50 to compete, $10 to spectate.
Hi Darren this site has a new drag racing forum, have a look might be a good place to put your info on this meet.

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 02:54   #4 (permalink)
ignorance is bliss

Thanks XR will have a look. Davway the main drama with burnout comp apart from the tar was the repainting of the piano key markings on the runway. This needs to be done straight after the meeting and took 4 blokes till lunchtime monday and used $500 of Aeropave paint to do. Burnout Comp will possibly be held at the last meeting of the season at the completion of racing.
If you are interested in drag racing we meet at the SES rooms in Nicholson St last thursday each month @ 7.30 pm. Usually plenty of laughs to be had
Cheers Darren
Old 12-27-2004, 04:04   #5 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

ok cool. i know a few people anyway. is it a possibility that the burnouts could be held further down the airfield maybe? i know its hard to do but this would be a good permanate thing to have. dont really know what the cash flow of the club is, but is it looking likely that one day youll have your own drag strip away from the airport?
Old 12-28-2004, 14:01   #6 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

I will enter this time. I've been wondering when the next one was. Forgot to ask Pete Undy last time I was there. I went to the last one but didnt get there till about lunchtime so wasn't much point running. Burnout comp was ok last time but it did sort of hold up racing a bit. We need more ford fans there. When the guy on the speaker goes' comon show it for the ford' NOBODY cheers I didn't want to be the odd one out either.

heres a pic I done up from the last meet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sik****.jpg (128.7 KB, 25 views)
Old 12-28-2004, 14:17   #7 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

click
Old 12-30-2004, 03:38   #8 (permalink)
ignorance is bliss

Our ultimate aim is for a stand alone strip. Raising the money through events and raffles etc is the only way for us to achieve this. This is partly why we have been purchasing all our own equipment rather than continually hiring it from others. We have had lengthy discussions on the burnout comps, regards moving it down the runway further/building another pad or extending the concrete we have already put down. Dont know what the end result will be as after all the dramas we`ve had we just want to concentrate on getting the racing done properly to give racers/spectators their moneys worth.
Old 01-20-2005, 16:29   #9 (permalink)
ignorance is bliss

Just about there now, weather forecast is for 23 degrees so should be a great day. Anyone wanting info just send me a pm. Cheers
Old 01-23-2005, 03:30   #10 (permalink)

Ive put some of the photos i took today on my site already

www.burnoutsunlimited.com
bmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia