1992 Tempo - automatic seatbelt problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Tempo and Mercury Topaz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2003, 09:21   #1 (permalink)
mjewell

Arrow 1992 Tempo - automatic seatbelt problem

Any help would be great, I'll say that first off. Now, my problem is, on my drivers side. The seat belt is actually working, meaning, it's moving. But for some reason the belt itself has been pulled out too loosely and it isn't fitting to the person sitting in the drivers seat

I was wondering if I could repair this, or if I would need to take it somewhere.

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2003, 11:42   #2 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Re: 1992 Tempo - automatic seatbelt problem

You can purchase the parts from Ford. I dont have the part numbers off hand, but go to your local Ford parts house and they can look it up. It is not that hard to replace and I would HIGHLY recomend that you do replace it. With it being slack you are just looking for trouble if you are ever in an accident. You can submarine or even eject if it is slack. If you do not feel like you can do it then get the dealership to install it.

Most cases... if you have been in an accident or the car was in an accident you can request from the insurance company that the seatbelts, tensioners and mounts be replaced.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 13:47   #3 (permalink)
mjewell

Re: 1992 Tempo - automatic seatbelt problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticSVT
You can purchase the parts from Ford. I dont have the part numbers off hand, but go to your local Ford parts house and they can look it up. It is not that hard to replace and I would HIGHLY recomend that you do replace it. With it being slack you are just looking for trouble if you are ever in an accident. You can submarine or even eject if it is slack. If you do not feel like you can do it then get the dealership to install it.

Most cases... if you have been in an accident or the car was in an accident you can request from the insurance company that the seatbelts, tensioners and mounts be replaced.
Actually, I bought the car off an individual. Could I still take it somewhere to get it fixed? and if I do it myself, where can I found out how to do it?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum